New wardrobe

cyberjelly

So having lost weight I desided to clear my wardrobe out.
90% of my old clothes have now gone to either my neice or charity shop, they just looked to big and baggy to look desent for work.

I went off shopping to have a look for some summer clothes and a few essentials that I can wear for the rest of the school year. Not only do I not know what suits me I also have no idea what size to wear.
My darling daughter told me off because I am still looking at large size clothes and I wont try on clothes which she says suit me so I relented and OMG I go into a size 16 pair of trousers (have normally been 20/22).
So I now have in my wardrobe 4 size 16 blouses and 2 pairs of work trousers size 18, just need to add in some more summer stuff for our holiday. But I just cant believe that I'm that size.

I plan to spend my summer holiday time looking for a whole new wardrobe ready for return to work in September.

Next new hair cut!!

Good on you nothing makes you feel better than a shopping trip.

Keep up the good work 14-16 next woo hoo!!!

Oh, your post made me smile! Good for you, you have done so well and I bet your local charity shops are happy too.

If you have a department store near you, like John Lewis or Debenhams, you could ask if they have a personal shopper service. Most of them don't charge, and someone will look you over and choose clothes that they think will suit you and your lifestyle.

It is incredibly useful as you are getting a completely impartial view, and there's no obligation to actually buy anything.

My tip whilst you are still reducing is to shop in charity shops yourself. That way you can afford to keep buying smaller clothes each time you go down a bit more and can make the odd mistake without it breaking the bank.

I have had some super famous brand clothes from charity shop and love the sense of achievement each time I get a super find .

Congratulations on doing so well.

Louisedan, that was my problem, I kept them and took them in or wore safty pins in stuff but I just looked so odd as everything was far to big.

My friend at work kept telling me to do it, so halfterm I went mad and cleared out, threw out all my bras the other day as well.

Will keep going as I have another 3 stone to go.

Back