New *waves* sw deserter here

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Desperately Dieting, 23 August 2014.

1. Desperately Dieting

Desperately Dieting Well-Known Member

I'm a 29yr old, gluten free disabled mum of 3 and i'm also a slimming world deserter

I did ww like 5 years ago after the birth of my middle daughter lost 3 stone stopped going as I was pregnant couldnt do it with the limitations i had to place on my diet to feed my baby (she is allergic to gluten, milk, soya, egg protein and most fruit and veg) and then I kinda poo pood ww in my head I was like well i put the weight back on (though now thinking of it well i did have a baby duh lol)

now im not feeding (she is going to be 4 this year) most of the foods back in but it turned out I have a gluten allergy of my own and a lactose intollerence (also have soya allergy)

So i went to sw first few months of being gf lost loads untill i found all the naughty things i could have lol and it just piled back on

I got disheartened as it was okay when i could have mug shots but when i couldnt it was such a pain i just ate whatever

ontop of my pre existing medical issues I have just been told I have arthritis in my toes which blummin hurts so i need to loose weight to help that ive got 3 1/2 stone to loose

I like the fact that ww have talks at group each week instead of waiting till you hit a snag to talk about that snag... as sometimes I dont know something is going to be a problem till after the fact lol
  2. seadie

seadie Well-Known Member

Welcome to the ww boards. There are quite a few sw deserters here, lol,me including
  3. SlimmingKitchen

SlimmingKitchen Well-Known Member

Hello hun welcome to the WW part of the forum. I am also a SW deserter too lol.
    Look forward to hearing how you get on xxx
  4. Desperately Dieting

I've had a few naughty moments over the last few days (tracked it all though now my weekly allowence is looking a bit low lol) but i've got more gusto now ive prepared my popcorn and im ready to go... hopefully lol
  5. Featherhat

Featherhat Well-Known Member

Good luck. Naughty moments are allowed, as long as you track them! Don't be afraid to play around with the systems until you find a combination that works for you. I lasted 3 meetings at Simming World before moving across to WW, it's a plan that works for a lot of people but definitely not for me and WW was almost perfect for me.
  6. Desperately Dieting

I lasted alot longer then that I think i spent over a year at sw. I lost almost 3 stone and then put it all back on... when i lost the weight it was when i was new to being gluten free, i also couldnt tollerate any dairy (I am so pleased I can get a bit in now lol was one thing eating minging gf bread but with dairy free spread on it double blugh!!!)

So I couldnt have chocolate i couldnt have treats as i was too frightened as i didnt know what had gluten in and esp what had wheat in
    as soon as i sussed that out it piled back on :(

I always did best following their 2 week fast forward plan which is ironicly simular to a pro points plan where each meal and treat was pointed
  7. lis2811

lis2811 Well-Known Member

Another sw deserter here. Starting today and quite excited lol
  8. Desperately Dieting

I'm finding myself very enthusiastic doing weight watchers I have to say.

Its nice too as I dont feel penilised doing it gluten free on SW the gluten free foods can be very high synd but a cereal bar which is 7 syns is only 3 pro points which helps

I had a bit of a mad day and ate too much but the weekly pro points meant i was fine!
  9. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

I have been doing slimming world for three weeks . Lost 6 3/4 lbs the first two weeks, weighed myself this morning and I have gained 3 1/2 can't believe it, so disappointed stuck to the diet no cheats! Joined ww on line today back to pro points for me xx
  10. Featherhat

Featherhat Well-Known Member

That's the best part of WW. Originally I did SW partly because one of the common criticisms of WW was "you can eat junk and ready meals, you don't eat healthy" but now I love having the weeklies and earning activity points, it means rarely feeling restricted.

Aww, one bad weigh in does mean you weren't heading in the right direction in general, but I hope you're enjoying PP again.
  11. Chocolate

Yes I am a ww girl at heart lol! X
  12. Chocolate

Well first week back on weight watchers and I lost 3 1/2 ? x
  13. MrsK81

MrsK81 Well-Known Member

Yay! That's a great start x
  14. Chocolate

Thank you xx