New week, new me

Stick the picture in your purse? Or as your phone background?

I'm trying to be more mindful. It's a kind of philosophical approach based on zen Buddhism where you try to be present in the moment and not just letting your emotions and urges control you. So when I have an urge to eat I'm just noticing it and if it's not a meal time letting it pass through my mind and away.

It's good to practice on your breathing, letting any thoughts just drift in and out of your mind as you concentrate on your breaths. It's cool :) I hope it will help me stop impulse buying and binging.

Good luck with that ununpentium.
I don't think I've got the patience or willpower to do that.

The first couple of weeks were easy resisting stuff, but it's starting to get harder.
Last night my boyfriend had a kfc, which he's had in front of me a fair few times since starting, and it did look absolutely amazing.
I then started imagining all my favourite takeaway items.
But I resisted. But definitely harder than it was.
Maybe because I'd already eaten all my day's points and had nothing left to snack on whilst he was eating it (I was staying at his so didn't even have any 0pp options such as fruit)

week 1 (again) but feeling optimistic and so far so good!! hope it goes well for everyone :)

How's everyone doing?

After two binges this week I'm starting again

Any ideas as to how to keep it fresh and new when you are struggling to stick to plan?

Maybe you could have a very low point meal at lunch time - use lots of fruit & veg to bulk up the quantity so you're not hungry, then use the extra points for a "legal" binge in the evening?!
I enjoy having points left over after my evening meal to eat on ww cakes and ice creams and whatever else I fancy that's allowed in my points.
Do you have a snack box (I have a snack carrier bag) with snacks that are pointed in it?!
That you can just dip into when you have extra points?!
Will that stop you from wanting to binge, or will you just want to binge more as you've got the taste of snacks?!

I binged yesterday too. It was because I tried to eat a bowl of cereal for my lunch and then I was starving about 4pm. So I learnt my lesson!

I have a box of freddos and mini twixes, everything is 3pp so I can dip in in the evenings. It can help stave off a binge.

Hi! Can I join pleeese? I re-joined WW online this morning .I only joined SW a few weeks ago but I really dont have 2 hours to spare to listen 2 the woman up the streets story of her fish and chip binge and how she is going to be good this week! Yada yada yada!!I really dont see the point in the image therapy bo***cks-you,re either in the right frame of mind to lose weight or your not! I,ll probably get sick of being starving like usual on WW (I,m on 27 pps for another 5 lbs then 26!) but thats how its got be! I,ve got to save most of my weeklies 4 sat night cos i,m going out with OH and friends for a meal and drinks for my second night out since I had my 3 n a half yr old! Tried 2 get out of it but OH is 50 next week so felt a bit mean! Anyway good luck 4 this week everyone!
Sal x

Welcome :)

I'm having a good week so far. Just bought some crunchy nut chocolate oaty granola, it's quite high in points if you have the recommended 45g serving (8pp) so I'm going to have about 15g on some weetabix later :)

Welcome :)

I'm having a good week so far. Just bought some crunchy nut chocolate oaty granola, it's quite high in points if you have the recommended 45g serving (8pp) so I'm going to have about 15g on some weetabix later :)
Chocolate anythings alright in my book! Lol! Too easy 4 me to overeat on though! I used 2 buy my son multipacks of freddos 2 save me going to the shop every day but ended up eating the packet so i ended up fatter and poorer! Got 2 quit the multipack habit -it doesnt help that I work at night (my worst time) in a shop that has loads of deals on choc/biscuits/crisps/wine etc! Have started leaving my purse at home!
Sal x

I tend to buy multipacks of everything too. It does increase the urges/risk of overeating. I'm trying to work on my urges, I've done really well tonight!

This is so me this week, been back on track since Wednesday and feel loads better, good luck every one x

That's really good to hear!
Keep going ununpentium!!!
You'll get there.

Back