Step 1 Sole Source + New Year Cambridge Diet

juniper

Hi all fellow Cambridge Dieters!

Well I'm on week 3 now and have found this forum helpful in times of desperation. I haven't posted yet so here goes.

Week 1:
Had the flu and felt like my insides were punishing me on day 2. I pushed through and didn't cheat even though the temptation was hitting me full force!! By the time Thursdays weigh in came I knew I hadn't cheated but was so nervous but realised if I hadn't lost the only person I was letting down was myself. I was over the moon with an 8lbs loss!

Week 2:
Found this week extremely easy to stick with all the products, mainly shakes with one soup a day. I also find that being on SS+ is a lot easier than SS (only did SS for 2 days as misunderstood my CD consultant) That tiny 200 calorie meal once a day really helps and I found a new love for plain chicken and turkey (normally have a dollop of full fat mayo on the side!) it was also TOTM for me so was super strict. Happy with 4lbs loss.

Week 3:
Still sticking to diet 100% and find that I'm not craving anything specific but if I fancy something sweet I take a sniff of the food I'm craving and it actually helps. If I get hungry I fill myself with endless black tea/coffee a sweetener. Finding it easy drinking the water as I'm carrying around a litre sports cap bottle of water and constantly refilling so I can see how much I'm drinking. Great weight loss of 5lbs!!

Week 4:
So I lost 5lbs after week 3 and did so well, until I bought the kids a treat and smelt them. The kids said how amazing these Nutella filled chocolate chip cookies were and I caved. I had 2!! Then I had a couple of M+S chocolate pieces and a handful of Pringles. If I don't admit this I'm going to explode. I cried and was In denial about doing it but now 100% back on track. Not looking forward to Thursdays weigh in so I might try a bit of exercise (not the most energetic of people).

So in total I have lost 17lbs in 3 weeks and have about 2 1/2 stone to go till target and will then reassess.

I hope I haven't bored you too much if you've managed to read through this, I just needed to get it out there somewhere.

Xx

What fantastic weight loss. Well done. :D

I am sure we have all caved at one time or another, and while perhaps not the best thing to cave with, you have got through it and back on track. I bet it doesn't show on the scales half as much as you think it will. Try and remember how crap you felt after you cheated and hopefully this may stop you doing it again.

17lbs in 3 weeks is fantastic, especially in view of you not having that much to lose.

Good luck with the next 4 weeks.

Thanks! I'm feeling positive and ready to drop the weight. I've managed to push aside any cravings before but this time it just hit me. Now focusing on this week and fingers crossed I haven't ruined it too much. Best diet I've tried so far!! ??

Back