New year new me! 85lbs to go 5lbs down

Ariana

Wishful Shrinking
Its been a while since I've been on Minimins. Ill health and allergies put a stop to my following specific diets and I've not long had my beautiful little daughter who is now 4 months old so I really didn't worry during pregnancy. Sadly for me that has resulted in a huge weight gain :cry:

I've been putting it off and off and off and I finally got on the scales this morning much to my horror. I had lost a lot of weight before baby although I still had more to lose. I've just been eating so much rubbish. Still I was horrified to see I weigh over 16 stone :cry:

So thats it. I've thrown out the rubbish from Christmas so I cannot be tempted and I've stocked up on healthy food. I'm going to go with simple Healthy Eating along with my OH who has 24lbs to lose and try to increase exercise. No more nice cakes at Mummy and Baby meetings!

I'm going to post in here every day with food even if I slip up because pretending it didn't happen is the worst thing I can do.

I'll weigh myself ONLY once a week and hopefully this should go down and down! Wish me luck guys. I'm not going to be a bad example to my daughter no matter what it takes!

Last edited:
Food today:

B- Fat free yogurt, 2 satsumas, slice toast
L-Ham salad (lettuce, radish, apple, spring onion, sugar snap peas, tomato, peppers) with slice wholemeal baguette and low fat salad cream
T- Tuna jacket potato with salad
Snacks: Melon cubes and grapes, pear

Food today:
B- Bowl of special K
L- 2 scrambled eggs on 2 toast, fat free yogurt
T- Baked chicken, mashed potato, carrots, swede, cabbage, gravy
Snacks: Melon and grapes

Going quite well. I even gave up sugar on my cereal which was a stretch for me!

Sounds like you made a good start! I'm going to try simple healthy eating and a bit of exercise too- I can't be doing with following specific diets!

Good luck!
Ally x

Thanks :) Good luck with your healthy eating! Its honestly rather nice to not count points/syns etc etc.

Todays food:
B- Bowl special K and milk
L- Ham salad and 2 slices bread
T- Quorn and vegetable shepherds pie, broccoli, green beans
Snacks- Yogurt, banana, grapes

My first mummy and baby group today without the usual cake. Did rather well at sticking to it I thought! Was especially tempted by a yummy looking snickers torte but I stayed strong. Shame about tea but I was really late home tonight.

B- banana and apple
L- tuna sandwich and salad (out)
T- half a small chicken pizza
Snacks- grapes, yogurt, small bit leftover shepherds pie from yesterday.

Not so good tonight. We have no gas so cooking was gone :(

B- banana and toast
L- cheese and salad sandwich
T- 2 slices pizza and 1/2 a kebab with salad and some chips

Bad day! Hope British Gas can fix me up tomorrow. No heating and no hot water as well. Sucks with a 4month old in winter :(

Still no gas makes cooking rather tricky :( Should be fixed tomorrow though so fingers crossed! Its bloody freezing!

B- 2 weetabix and milk, apple
L- l/f super noodles, punnet strawberries
T- Toast and fishfingers and baked beans.

Weigh in tomorrow. Wish me luck!! On another positive note I have gas, heating and hot water after 7 hours of gas repairs yay!

B: pear
L: quorn sausages, scrambled egg, mushrooms, tomato, baked beans and toast.
T: smoked haddock with stirfry mixed veg and noodles.

One and a half pounds down :) im pleased considering the takeaway etc!

Well done Ariana, especially given the gas situation!

B- Boiled eggs on toast
L- Home made ratatouille with pasta and a tiny sprinkling cheese
T-Cajun spiced chicken and peppers with salad in pitta bread
Snacks- yogurt, pear

I've had one of those starving days when all you want to do is eat, but then it is that time of the month I suppose. Tried my best to be good but ending up with more food than usual XD

B- Special K and milk, apple
- Toast (a little later- still hungry)
L- Egg salad roll with a sprinkling cheese. Fat free yogurt, banana.
- Weetabix and milk (STILL hungry), pear
T- Vegetable soup and bread (trying to fill up on veggies now)

Urgh I hate days like these where it seems whatever you ear you're STILL hungry. This is why I'm overweight :( Least there's no crisps or anything there. (Crisps are my downfall). So glad I have nothing bad in or Im sure I'd have eaten it!

Todays food:
B- Weetabix and milk, banana
L- Cup of leftover vegetable soup, prawn sandwich
T- Home made chow mein with haddock. (odd mix I know)
Snacks- Cup options hot chocolate, yogurt, apple, pear

And here's todays food. I think this week's going quite well so touch wood for the weigh in!

B- Ready brek
L- Boiled eggs, salad cream, bread
T-Beef, carrot, parsnip and mushroom stew with mashed potato, cabbage and green beans
Snacks- Yogurt, pear, banana

B: porridge and an apple
L: leftover beef stew and bread, yogurt, banana
T: fat free chicken and veg curry with rice (very yummy!)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

B- Special K and milk, pear
L- Leftover curry and rice from last night
T- quorn & vegetable bolognese with spaghetti

Hey, well done of the healthy eating - don't beat yourself up about the slip up. We all do it.

Regarding having those hungry days, I find it's mainly boredom and dehydration that does it for me. When i think.. oh my gosh i could eat a horse minutes after eating, i drink a big glass of water and find something to entertain me a bit. Gradually you train yourself not to constantly feed when you feel "hungry" :)

Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Yeah I've been trying to up my water which isn't too bad for me since I don't drink pop etc :)

Skipped yesterday so here's my food:

B- apple
L- left over quorn veggie bolognese
T- went out for tea and I had a yummy chicken curry, shared rice and naan bread with some wine.

And the good news is I lost 3.5lbs this week :) so pleased that's 5lbs in 2 weeks. Better than I've done on WW etc before!

Here's today's food:

B: toast
L: chicken salad sandwich
T: pizza and salad
Sn: banana, apple, pear

Back