New Year, New Start, New Diet

mole92

Hello All,

I have done slimming world a few times over the last few years and I never seem to stick to it for long. There is alot of planning involved and due to my job i cant always plan. Was just looking for some background information on weighwatchers? what can you eat, is it easy? ect.

also how much weight have people lost on the plan?

New year new start!!

I think WW is much easier than SW and much easier to eat on the run. I think you need a shop guide and an eating out guide thats all the tools you need. If you have a smart phone there is an app called ultimate weight watcher diary its a red heart with a white cross in it.

I am back to ww, at slimming world they say eat as much as u like, which I did and it never worked for me and ended up gaining, some ppl have great results tho, I know if I follow ww I will lose, lost 28 lbs last time and have tried calorie counting and slim fast which are good until u stop lol, good luck

hi there
i have never tried sw but from other people i know, they gained as they had a load of "free" potato/pasta & said it didn't work for them.
with weight watchers you can pretty much eat what you want as long as its within points. most fruit & veg are free and its quite easy to follow. im doing it by myself for now as groups dont start here until 8th jan and dont want to wait that long!

x

I lost about 20lbs on SW last year and once you get into it it's quite easy, but it does take a lot of planning and I found that I couldn't eat anything that wasn't homemade or else I'd go over my syns and my thought process when that happened was always 'oh well, stuff the diet!' And I'd eat all sorts. So I've decided I need the convenience of WW, with regards to being able to buy stuff when on the run...I don't know how it really works yet, got my first meeting on the 5th! But I think we're pretty much in the same boat, so good luck, we can do it! :D

hi :)
i think ww is the easiest most liveable plan out there! you can eat what you want as long as you stay in your points and have weekly points to use for things like a takeaway, meal out, night on the town etc.
i lost 4½ stone and have been at goal for over 5 months, i'd say have a go, if you follow the plan you will lose.

I'm in a similar situation. I've been successful on SW in the past and found it easy to follow but it's also easy to kid yourself you're following it to the letter and to stop weighing and measuring the few things you're supposed to then it all goes wrong! I've decided to try WW this time and I think learning a new plan will keep me on my toes :)
I like that you all seem to be saying it's convenient for a busy lifestyle, I work nearly FT, have a toddler and a dog and my hubby works away so by the time I've got home and sorted everyone else out I don't have loads of time to plan and prepare meals.

I'm joining online because I can't get to a group due to home commitments so hopefully we can all support each other here.

Im thinking of re joining sw on saturday after couple months off but not sure if I should try weightwatchers first and see if I can have faster loses sw last year felt very slow for me any tips?

Back