New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Oh it's a full on fayre? Might pop along then, thanks. There's one on the 27-29th too, massive one, shame I don't get paid until 30th or it could have been worth going to.
I would have thought that's the best time to go! It would be dangerous on payday! :rolleyes:

Is there a big difference in price between a buffet and a sit down meal? Just thinking of 80 people queuing that's all? Unless of course each table has buffet food laid out?

Difference of around 15-20 a head so yeah, massive difference really.

And if I was to go and want to book something, say a photographer, I'm assuming I'd have to pay doe things or at least deposits on the day to get special offers wouldn't I?

It's a very long story Trisha but basically it involved what I felt was a very unfair and one sided conversation with my head teacher about things that my line manager should have talked to me about herself

I can't get enough of your wedding talk..i love it..I told you I am excited and it's not even my big day! :)

Hope the venue is 'the one!' :)..Good luck and enjoy looking at all the wee details of how it looks set up for a wedding.

Forget the bad day, work, diets etc...you have got a wedding to plan!!! :)..yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Caz;6729232 It's a very long story Trisha but basically it involved what I felt was a very unfair and one sided conversation with my head teacher about things that my line manager should have talked to me about herself[/QUOTE said:

What is it with some people in schools! forget about her, enjoy tomorrow and that you get the venue, are they free on the date you want?

It is available but it's booking up quickly, I asked them to hold it provisionally and said we'll make a decision after both seeing it tomorrow. 99% sure we'll book it though got parents on standby to pay the deposit lol

Blimey, sounds like you got a great price then!
Never been to a wedding fayre so I don't know, but I wouldn't have thought you'd have to make a decision a year in advance on things, except on booking the venue, of course. Just thought you could have a browse and get ideas. Most likely you will be able to source the same things on the internet cheaper anyway. I wouldn't decide on anything without pricing it up online first. Always seem to be able to find it cheaper with more research, don't you?
Have a lovely weekend, and try and put today behind you.

Worth going along for a little mooch I think, get some ideas like you said. It's a gorgeous venue so if nothing else it'll be a nice walkaround! Only issue with with NW Wedding Fayre which would be massive is that is invite bridesmaids to come too so we'd have visitors and it's the engagement party of two of Aaron's friends on the Saturday.

Worth going along for a little mooch I think, get some ideas like you said. It's a gorgeous venue so if nothing else it'll be a nice walkaround! Only issue with with NW Wedding Fayre which would be massive is that is invite bridesmaids to come too so we'd have visitors and it's the engagement party of two of Aaron's friends on the Saturday.

Pesky bridesmaids! ;)

7!! Two are my friends and the other five are my nieces.

This is all so exciting!!! I can't wait for dress photos, flowers, cake reviews, the shoes...

I'm glad that I've got other people as excited as me! Aaron really isn't as interested in all the little details as I am, in fact he outright refused to come and look around the first venue with me until I guilt tripped him by saying how important it was to me! When it came to it he actually came willingly though and this time actually suggested that he come and look around the golf club. I realised quite quickly though that no man is ever as interested in the details as the woman is so rather than doing it all with him I'll shortlist down to a few for each thing and we'll choose the final one together.

We've found another cake person who'll do those same cakes but a little cheaper and will rent us a cupcake stand. She asked what flavours we want them, we thought maybe half of them chocolate and half plain or vanilla sponge, that way there's something for everyone. Going to ask her if she could make us a sample of each so that we can test her out, if you do that are you generally expected to pay or is that part of them ensuring your business?

Found an amazing wedding dress outlet place near here. Part of me wants to go and try dresses on just because I can but then the other part of me wants to wait until I'm less fat! Not sure whether to go yet or not.

Oh! I got signed up on my nutritionist course, hopefully I can start doing more work for SML than just blogs soon! :)

Morning Caz!

I think that's the best plan: narrow it to your favorites then let him think he gets a vote.. Otherwise, he might want something really insane! ;). (I know that wasn't what you were saying, but think about he wisdom in this.)

I'd make dress shopping and after Christmas job -- that way you can lose more weight and with fitness change your shape (should you want to do so).

Make sure once you've got your colors and flowers sorted -- you get him to select the tuxes or morning suits.

7 bridesmaids :eek:!

Only 2 cupcakes to try?:eek:

That's not even one of each flavour each! And no-one bakes 2 cupcakes.
She's getting an order of 80 cupcakes for you, I'd be surprised if she charged you to try them out. ;)

Are you planning on going away after? If so, that's the only thing that might have to be looked at this year, now you have a definite date, the rest can wait until next year really. You don't want stale cupcakes! :p

Ooh more excitement :)..don't worry Caz, men aren't bothered with the finer details..have you ever watched "Don't tell the bride?"..the majority just don't have a clue..bless them :)

I went along to a wedding exhibition years ago. they tend to have the huge arena type ones in the cities, sometimes early in the year. We went just after Valentines day (engaged on valentines day)..didn't buy or book anything ;)..but spent a few hours looking for ideas and picked up lots of brochures. there is usually a wedding dress cat walk show too..very exciting :)..not just dresses, but suits for the grooms too..and kilts ;) We did get some prices for things like cars, venues etc..but didn't feel pressure to book anything...i loved it...i think hubby tolerated my excitement ha ha..though he did enjoy looking at the cars :)

7 bridesmaids!!!..wow..how fab will that look in your pics :) I had 5 adult bridesmaids, 2 little flower girls and 1 pageboy. I hired the bridesmaids dresses (in 1984) total mayhem on fitting day..but such fun too! :)

Enjoy your weekend planning :)

Yep I think it's an after Christmas job too, gives me a few months to lose some weight and hopefully change my shape a bit like you said. I wouldn't be buying one now so don't really need to look now and I'd hate to get downhearted because I felt like a whale! I've found some gorgeous dresses online that are made to measure at very reasonable prices so I may consider that after I've tried different ones on to see the kind of thing I like, I reckon I'll start looking Jan/Feb time.

I've found a good site for him to rent the suits from, he'll have to sort the rest of that. I've told him that and he's happy to do that, after all it'll be him and his brother (best man) wearing them.

Well we'll need at least one of each, I don't know what she'll offer to do though. My thinking was that she'd probably make them after she made a batch of cupcakes for her shop or for someone else. I'm in no hurry to try them so can wait until she can do that, though people are getting booked up for cake making for next August already.

Yep, 7! I've got two adult friends who are going to be bridesmaids and I'll be paying for their dresses. I was only going to have the two and when I said that to my mum she said the girls (my nieces) would be disappointed. I explained that I wanted them but just couldn't afford them all as it would be another 5 and she suggested that I speak to my sisters as when one of them got married, my mum and dad paid for us three younger ones dresses to help them keep the costs down. So I spoke to them and they said that they were happy to pay for the dresses, they're only £30 and the girls will get to keep them afterwards anyway. So I asked the girls if they'd like to be bridesmaids and they were all absolutely delighted and are really excited so I'm glad I'm able to have them. I don't know what to do about nephews now, could ask them to be ushers I suppose and get them to wear their own suits or something and buy them a nice button hole flower or whatever they're called. I'm not so bothered about them being anything (is that mean?!) but I don't want them to feel left out.

What ages are they hun? Ushers is a good idea. My 10 year old brother (at the time!) was my usher and stood at the church doorway handing out order of service to all the guests, he felt very important and included :)

My nieces are... err... 20, 17, 15, 15 and 13 but will all be a year older by then obviously! Nephews are... 21, 17 (18 on the 8th!), 16 and 12.

I'm not particularly close to my younger 3 nephews, until we moved up here I hardly ever saw them and so since moving we've seen them more and they're family so love them obviously but we're just not particularly close. The 17 and 12 year old aren't big on social situations and big family things, bit like their dad, so when we did all meet up which was usually at my sisters they'd stay at their house (next door), come round to eat and then go back again! Daniel, the one who is 16, is a lot more sociable though. Alex who is 21 I'm more close to as I lived with them for a while and when we were younger they were always round our house as they lived the closest.

Back