New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Oh well, just do what suits you and Aaron, if you having ushers, maybe just chose one or none!!! or a couple of Aaron's family members or friends?

It isn't always practical to have all the family involved and now and again silly fall outs occur when someone isn't asked. You will know best hun. Only one of my nieces (in laws) was asked to be a bridesmaid as all the others had already been one at other weddings! things can get out of control if you try to please everyone :)..so as I always advise, it is your and Aaron's day..do what feels right for you!

Hope your day is going well Caz :)

Well, did Aaron like the golf club? :confused: Such suspense! Are you a fully booked venue and buffet bride-to-be yet? Hope so!

Must admit I couldn't go near one of those wedding dress shops until I was a comfortable size 12, and even then they still made me feel as big as a house. Dreadful places, but that's just me, I'm not very girly and prefer to try things on at home and not in front of people. If you want to go sleeveless maybe get some dumb bells, they really do work, or a kettle bell, I've heard great things about them.

Aaron liked it but wasn't sure that it would be big enough but I think it will. With all the tables out some of the dancefloor will be covered but once people have eaten some of the tables can be moved or something I should think, when I went the other day there were the same number of tables out but the whole dancefloor was clear. We'll be booking it on Monday, there was no-one in the office today and they didn't have the forms for us. I assumed they would have them out but they obviously just saw today as the opportunity for me to show Aaron around.

I wouldn't worry about that. People won't be eating and dancing at the same time and when they clear away the buffet they will probably take away a few tables so the dance floor is clear. Are you planning to get a DJ? :bananalove:

I wouldn't worry about that. People won't be eating and dancing at the same time and when they clear away the buffet they will probably take away a few tables so the dance floor is clear. Are you planning to get a DJ? :bananalove:

I feel like we don't use the banana dancer enough on minis :) That's the dance we should all do at your wedding. Omg!!! I feel a flashmob coming on Hahaha :bananalove:

Haha yes flashmob! Do it!!

That's what I said F, after people have eaten they'll put a couple of tables away I would think and there'd be plenty of room. He was worried that there then wouldn't be space for those people to sit down if they wanted but there are seats and tables on the balcony as well as those long cushioned seats around the bottom wall so there would be plenty of room.

We are having a DJ yeah, we looked at bands but they were just so expensive. Live music would be lovely but I'm not prepared to pay £1000 for it!

Booked the church today :) Had a bit of a panic, the church that we originally contacted and wanted got back to us a few days ago and said that we're not actually part of their parish, though it would make sense if we were, but that we could have our wedding there if we went for 6 months first. So we contacted the other church that she said we were in the parish of and he got back to me today, he's happy for my sister to officiate but they've JUST had a booking from another couple! So I went into panic mode slightly, I didn't think Aaron would agree to 6 months of church! He did though, he basically said if that's what we have to do, I'll do it. He wants my sister to do the wedding as much as I do, it was actually his idea. I had a look on the CoE website to double check parish borders and although our road is the Stalybridge parish the border is actually half way in the middle of the two buildings at the front of the plot so ours is in Millbrook and we can have the wedding where we originally wanted! :D Have booked in to meet with the vicar on the 9th October but I think we might actually go along to the service tomorrow morning too.

Had one of those red cards the other day (think I mentioned it already?) cos they tried to deliver a parcel while I was out but couldn't remember what I'd bought so wasn't sure what it was. Picked it up today, was stain remover that I need to test for market research. What an anti climax!

Morning Caz,

I hope you and A enjoy your weekend. How's the Slimming World going?

Had one of those red cards the other day (think I mentioned it already?) cos they tried to deliver a parcel while I was out but couldn't remember what I'd bought so wasn't sure what it was. Picked it up today, was stain remover that I need to test for market research. What an anti climax!

It could be very good stain remover! ;)

Are you going along to church today then Caz?

You can't beat a good stain remover! ;)..hope it is a good 'un!

i agree re the venue, not everyone will be eating or dancing at the same time and as they hold weddings and other functions there, they will know exactly what to do re seating, sounds like there will be plenty of room though :) have you thought as far ahead and first dance choices (and song choice too)..I know a very hunky, Russian Love God who could teach you a step or two ;)..on the condition that I am his dancing partner of course! hee hee ;)

Have a great day and how exciting being able to book the venue tomorrow :)

Oh god, first dance!!! I hadn't even thought about that... I HATE dancing, well dancing hates me... I'm no good at it at all! We don't have an 'our song' so I don't know what we'd have it to really. Hmm... will have to think about that. I think I shall ban all video cameras at that point haha

We are going along to the church today, if I can get Aaron out of bed that is anyway! He's got a new game for the xbox and didn't come to bed until 3.40 last night, well this morning! He said he'll still come though, it's funny how willing he is to come to church as I thought he'd be dead against it. He's said that it's not something he believes in but he's interested and would like to see it all.

SW went out the window when Ofsted came along but it did for all the ladies at school I do it with. I was getting up at 6 (though generally waking up by 5 and worrying!) and staying at school until 7, so it was a couple of days of takeaway... oops! Back on track with it now though, made a syn free special fried rice for tea last night.

Ha ha. don't stress about the dance hun. It doesn't have to look if you are in the Strictly Come Dancing final, just do it your way and something you feel comfortable with..even a wee romantic sway ;)..and arrange for others to join you on the dance floor after the first minute ..if you want to!

Pleased to hear Aaron is keen to go along today, he may enjoy it! Let us know how it goes :)

Last edited:
Oh god, first dance!!! I hadn't even thought about that... I HATE dancing, well dancing hates me... I'm no good at it at all! We don't have an 'our song' so I don't know what we'd have it to really. Hmm... will have to think about that. I think I shall ban all video cameras at that point haha

We are going along to the church today, if I can get Aaron out of bed that is anyway! He's got a new game for the xbox and didn't come to bed until 3.40 last night, well this morning! He said he'll still come though, it's funny how willing he is to come to church as I thought he'd be dead against it. He's said that it's not something he believes in but he's interested and would like to see it all.

SW went out the window when Ofsted came along but it did for all the ladies at school I do it with. I was getting up at 6 (though generally waking up by 5 and worrying!) and staying at school until 7, so it was a couple of days of takeaway... oops! Back on track with it now though, made a syn free special fried rice for tea last night.

You do to have a song:

Lets Hear It For The Boy

My baby, he don't talk sweet
He ain't got much to say
But he loves me, loves me, loves me
I know that he loves me anyway

And maybe he don't dress fine
But i don't really mind
'cuz every time he pulls me near
I just wanna cheer:

(chorus)
Let's hear it for the boy
Oh, let's give the boy a hand
Let's hear it for my baby
You know you gotta understand
Maybe he's no Romeo
But he's my loving one man show
Let's hear it for the boy!

My baby may not be rich
He's waching every dime
But he loves me loves me loves me
And we always have a real good time

And maybe he sings off key
That's all right by me
But what he does, he does so well
Makes me wanna yell:

(chorus)

whoa whoa ohh ohh ohh
lets hear it for the boy...... (repeat)

So break out your copy of FOOTLOOSE and learn that dance! ;)
I'm glad A is flexible about church.
Congrats on getting back on track. Dancing is fab "Body Magic"!

You're right Mel, I always think of us now with that song because of you! There's one song we both absolutely love but not sure it's really suitable - YouTube John Mayer Slow Dancing In a Burning Room. Will have to have a think.

I've been aware that this wedding very much has my stamp on it so I've said to Aaron he can pick whatever names for the tables he wants. Ideas so far are Star Wars characters and his favourite Xbox/PC games, both of which I suggested. When I did he was like are you serious? Really? I can have that? Lol think he should have at least one thing that's very him.

You're right Mel, I always think of us now with that song because of you! There's one song we both absolutely love but not sure it's really suitable - YouTube John Mayer Slow Dancing In a Burning Room. Will have to have a think.

I've been aware that this wedding very much has my stamp on it so I've said to Aaron he can pick whatever names for the tables he wants. Ideas so far are Star Wars characters and his favourite Xbox/PC games, both of which I suggested. When I did he was like are you serious? Really? I can have that? Lol think he should have at least one thing that's very him.

I vote Star Wars Characters!

I think I have a Star Wars coloring/Sticker book I can send you.

Star Wars sounds good Caz, and as for the dance I'm sure you could have anything, I don't know the song you said though I'll have to google it.

The song I said is too slow and sad. Will have to get our thinking caps on, open to suggestions! Aaron reckons we should have You're The One That I Want from Grease but not sure my dancing is up to that lol

Aaron likes the idea of Star Wars characters but reckons that people wouldn't get it or like it so not sure on that one.

We went to the church this morning, is a nice little church. Perfect size for the wedding.

Hi Caz, how did Aaron feel about the church? Did you get the chance to chat with any of the other parishioners? Do the Marriage Banns still get read out in England? They don't up here, well in my part of the country! Has your sister conducted a wedding ceremony before hun?..or will this be her first? :) I often read of ministers 'marrying' their daughters and always thought how lovely and special that must be.

First dance are you thinking of something romantic and slow or an upbeat shake your bootie dance? ;) I know lots of romantic songs..but probably too 'back in the day' for a young lady like you! ;)

If you type wedding songs first dance in youtube, you'll get a good choice there? Also beautiful father and daughter songs.."I loved her first!'...a real tearjerker, but I love it!

Last edited:
It's a place of worship not a wedding venue, naughty. And while we're on the subject, God has a capital G.
Back of the class for you!:p

It's a capital G if you're talking about actual God, not just in a phrase, isn't a name then.
Not sure what the place of worship not wedding venue bit is about, don't remember ever referring to is as a venue and not a church?

Hi Caz, how did Aaron feel about the church? Did you get the chance to chat with any of the other parishioners? Do the Marriage Banns still get read out in England? They don't up here, well in my part of the country! Has your sister conducted a wedding ceremony before hun?..or will this be her first? :) I often read of ministers 'marrying' their daughters and always thought how lovely and special that must be.

First dance are you thinking of something romantic and slow or an upbeat shake your bootie dance? ;) I know lots of romantic songs..but probably too 'back in the day' for a young lady you are! ;)

If you type wedding songs first dance in youtube, you'll get a good choice there? Also beautiful father and daughter songs.."I loved her first!'...a real tearjerker, but I love it!

Aaron really liked the church, said that there was a lovely feel to the place, that the people seemed nice and that it really felt like a little community, which it did. We had a chat with the vicar and a few other members of the church, there were only 20 or so there but we had 3 or 4 come and talk to us after, Aaron said he was amazed at how friendly they were.

Yep they still do the banns here though I'm not entirely sure how they work! I think it's twice but can't remember time frames, I guess that'll be something we'll discuss on the 9th with the vicar.

My sister has been able to do weddings and funerals 'going solo' for a year or two now so she's done a fair few weddings. Enough to know what's going on anyway!

Think we'd probably have a slower song, better to dance to! I don't think I'd have a father daughter dance, my dad isn't really a dancer, in fact I've never seen him dance and I think something so public and people looking at us would be his idea of hell!

Back