New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Morning Caz!

You and me both, we need to make each other move it, move it!

I had come up with a plan but the blooming leisure centre has foiled it! :mad: was going to aim for aquafit on Tues and Thurs and then TurboJam 1-2 times a week at home. Seems that the times I mentioned earlier have changed and now there's only two aquafit classes a week, at 7pm on Tuesday and 7pm on... Tuesday. So it would be a double class on Tuesday and nothing else all week, so annoying! They have legs, bums and tums on Monday evenings but I don't really know what that involves, otherwise there's circuit training, spinning classes, zumba and the body classes that are part of the Les Mills exercise program thing. I don't know whether I'll bother joining now, I want to do Aquafit but otherwise, not sure about the others. I don't have the rhythm for Zumba, the stamina/fitness for spinning or circuit training, or the confidence for the Les Mills programs. I don't know what a legs, bums and tums class involves but it probably involves squats which I hate and aren't good for my knees! Really disappointed and annoyed :sigh:

That does bite! They've muck about the Leisure Center Aqua Fit classes, too. (I think there is a maternity leave - and they've stopped the Aqua Zumba for some reason.)

I have loads of stuff to do at home and if the remodeled gym is workable, I'll probably start going there once the plumber is gone. It's close and it's free. I can still do the Fitness Class pass for Aqua Fit and Zumba. I have been having to go on my own for ages -- and when I was doing it, it was fine. It's just getting back into it -- after stopping.

Legs, Tums and Bums tends to be low impact toning exercises -- you can find it on Fitness TV. Not really worth paying for, just look for a video online or DVR Fit TV.

Think I'm going to do the Tuesday aqua fit class on my own and then do stuff at home. Like you said Mel, it's just getting back into the swing of it. I quite enjoyed it yesterday though and I know I do when I get into it. I didn't think the legs, bums and tums one would really be worth going to, not for £4.80 anyway.

Yes please!! Is it seriously up for grabs again?!

It is indeed..I'll write you a reference ;)

Awesome! And I have a lot materials and experience to share. If Caz goes to your island... I'll make and donate the "Fruitful Reading Friends". What is Wee Cerub's favorite fruit?

He enjoys all fruit Mel! I think his fave is blueberries though :)

Oh fun... How about a BOWL of Blueberries bean bag?

I couldn't find an image... I'll have to design it myself. (I prefer to steal ideas.)

These are fun:

image-2074527070.jpg

image-1602326447.jpg

image-2202689108.jpg

image-3134773496.jpg

I think I have this book -- if I do I can post it to you for Wee Cherub.

image-1053759701.jpg

I love blueberries! I would love to live and teach in Scotland, they have a much better system than we do in England. I doubt they'd want me though, they prefer Scottish trained teachers :(

I love blueberries! I would love to live and teach in Scotland, they have a much better system than we do in England. I doubt they'd want me though, they prefer Scottish trained teachers :(

The one that just left was from Devon. You really should apply -- if only to get an interview and meet Rose (and Wee Cherub).

Oh yeah, I forgot that. Well maybe I will if they advertise it and I remember to look!

Seriously though, do you not think if you contacted them now they'd be impressed with your taking the initiative? Strike while the iron is hot?

I don't know... I have a job now so couldn't start until September. I'm assuming they'll be looking for someone who can start asap.

I've been having a think and now that I've realised that I'd be paying the membership for just one class a week, I don't think it's worth me joining the leisure centre. I could still go to the one class but that's still £20 a month so I'm just going to make the most of videos I've got at home, plus the cross trainer and bike. After all, they're free! Did Turbo Jam again tonight, feel a bit achy now. All I want to do is curl up in bed and watch a film but I'm on duty for taking out the bins this week and apparently I can't do that until around 10 =/

Well done on the fitness at home, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about a gym when we move all the gyms I've researched on line are almost twice the price I pay now :(

I think using what you already have makes good sense.

They really are and when I'm trying to save so that I can, hopefully, move in the summer I could do with cutting back costs wherever possible. Applied for a few jobs with deadlines that were between Friday and yesterday, not heard anything back from any of them yet. I took an application form to a local school by hand after school yesterday and the receptionist was so weird with me! It was just after 4 by the time I got there as there was ridiculous traffic so I had to ring the bell, no answer. So I rang a different bell as there were 4 to choose from with no idea which one did what, no answer. Waited a couple of minutes and a woman came out and asked what I wanted, told her why I was there and she turned to the receptionist who had been just there in the office the whole time and said it wasn't for them. So I went in, told her why I was there and handed her my form and all she said was 'oh, ok' and took it off me with a strange look on her face! Somehow I don't think I'm in with a chance there! I just want a job now :(

I'm still surprised that there's so much gain when I go 'off plan' with calorie counting. I get it on a VLCD, it's my glycogen stores refilling but do they actually empty out that much when CC? I didn't realise that they did but they must do as 3lb of the gain is gone overnight, only a little left to come off again now. Should be back there in the next couple of days I would think.

Morning Caz!

The food, water and waste has weight -- so, it may just be that. I once (without thinking) drank a liter of water on my way to my LL meeting. I weighed and showed a STS. I was upset, but my friend said, "You're full of water.". At the end f the meeting (after a wee) I weighed again -- 2 pounds off! The liter f water added that much weight!

Good luck with the jobs -- there's something out there for you (I know it).

Back