New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Working on an application form at the moment but it's so difficult! There's a question about what I consider to be my achievements outside of studying... I don't know, do I have any?! Also an example of where I've displayed a high level of dedication. These are hard!

Tough questions I have you ever done any charity walks etc or organised anything that took quite a bit of your time?

I know DD put one one of her application forms about organising fund raising events to raise money for charity and walking the Great Wall of China, her BF put doing Great North Run on one of his, so anything similar would show both achievement and dedication. Aren't you planning something similar riasing money through sponsership I mean I'm sure I've read it on your thread.

Maybe, probably won't bother. Need to empty out my car, get it valeted, do some school stuff, maybe see my sister or something. I've just sent off an application for a job where the head is called Mrs Gray... that's a sign right?! Job should be mine!

Sounds like a good weekend plan.

MISS and MRS -- you'd make a great team.

Sitting in the hot tub with a mug shot pasta... This feels a bit wrong!!

WelJel

Working on an application form at the moment but it's so difficult! There's a question about what I consider to be my achievements outside of studying... I don't know, do I have any?! Also an example of where I've displayed a high level of dedication. These are hard!

What about Thailand? A job you've had? Scouts, sports, talent? Swim qualification?

I put about teaching myself musical instruments, Thailand/travelling and the bursary campaign that I organised, which wasn't successful in that it worked but was successful in that I got over 2000 people to join it, national press and personal responses from the Education minister. This isn't actually for a teaching job, it's something that is more to do with my degree. I don't think I'll get an interview as it's a highly cream of the cream grad scheme but just thought I'd test the water!

I put about teaching myself musical instruments, Thailand/travelling and the bursary campaign that I organised, which wasn't successful in that it worked but was successful in that I got over 2000 people to join it, national press and personal responses from the Education minister. This isn't actually for a teaching job, it's something that is more to do with my degree. I don't think I'll get an interview as it's a highly cream of the cream grad scheme but just thought I'd test the water!

Always keep your options opened. Good choices!

What's your weekend plan?

Haven't got one really. Want to clean out my car and get it valeted at some point, need to do some school work, that's about it really. My sister has invited me over but that's a 100 mile round trip, not sure I can be bothered with that today!

Haven't got one really. Want to clean out my car and get it valeted at some point, need to do some school work, that's about it really. My sister has invited me over but that's a 100 mile round trip, not sure I can be bothered with that today!

That's a lot of petrol. I think I'd stay home and get loads done. My car needs Valeting, too. But, I'll do it Wednesday.

Exactly and I don't want to spend a lot, still 2 weeks until pay day and I'm having to use savings. She'll be funny with me if I say that to her but she wouldn't drive here if I asked her to I'm sure.

Car at the valet place now, will be an hour as they're busy so I've popped up to the pub up the road so sat here with a diet coke waiting. There's loads of pool tables, quite fancy a game but want play by myself"

Sounds like you had plenty to put down, What is the job?

Last edited:
It's a retail operations management position, which is the kind of thing I did in my degree and what I wanted to do when I finished. I'm still looking at teaching jobs but this is a plan b and a kind of what if situation. Just seeing what happens. Starting on 45k with a company car would be nice though!

Had a lovely weekend, lots of socializing with my housemates as I cooked us all dinner last night and we had a BBQ today. Really enjoying living here. Was talking in the car last night coming back from shopping and told them off for ruining my diet for the evening and they were really nice, said they didn't think I was particularly overweight and shouldn't worry about it. Don't think they were just saying it to be nice either. Anyway, said I needed to start exercising more and one of them said I can go to the gym with him if I want as he likes going with someone. So I joined today, £18 a month, can go to any of their gyms and classes and there's no minimum membership time. Its just a shame they don't have a pool! So we're goin this evening at about 8. I'm so so tired though but can't back out on my first day!

Off to catch up on diaries, might take a while!

It's a retail operations management position, which is the kind of thing I did in my degree and what I wanted to do when I finished. I'm still looking at teaching jobs but this is a plan b and a kind of what if situation. Just seeing what happens. Starting on 45k with a company car would be nice though!

Had a lovely weekend, lots of socializing with my housemates as I cooked us all dinner last night and we had a BBQ today. Really enjoying living here. Was talking in the car last night coming back from shopping and told them off for ruining my diet for the evening and they were really nice, said they didn't think I was particularly overweight and shouldn't worry about it. Don't think they were just saying it to be nice either. Anyway, said I needed to start exercising more and one of them said I can go to the gym with him if I want as he likes going with someone. So I joined today, £18 a month, can go to any of their gyms and classes and there's no minimum membership time. Its just a shame they don't have a pool! So we're goin this evening at about 8. I'm so so tired though but can't back out on my first day!

Off to catch up on diaries, might take a while!

The job sounds interesting, where is it based? The gym sounds good and reasonable as well, I'm hoping to finds a good one when we move

It's for a national company so I can request anywhere really. I've put first choice as Manchester and second is a place a little outside Manchester.

Went to the gym, it was pretty good really considering it was my first time in close to a year. Did 15 mins on bike, 10 on cross trainer, 100 crunches and 20 mins of weights. Leon (my housemate) was tired and wanted to come back after that. I could have gone a little longer but was pretty tired too so didn't mind coming back. I've got school tomorrow after all.

1368994909039.jpg1368994909039.jpg

In my new gym trousers I bought a few months ago but they didn't fit! I've still got massive arms :( For the first time in ages I didn't feel self conscious or like people would look at me and wonder why I was there. Just got on and did my thing, didn't even think about anyone else.

Evening Caz!

Good on you for going to the gym! I'm glad you have awesome housemates (you've paid your dues).

You look very good -- really toning up. I love your hair, too. Fingers crossed on the job (although, it'll be a real loss up teaching).

Oops posted the same pic twice! Should have been a front one too.

You'll remember how bad my last houseshare was Mel. I hated it, spent all my time in my room, didn't feel comfortable in the house at all, didn't feel welcome and I knew that they didn't like me and *****ed about me behind my back, it was awful. So I was kind of dreading moving in here to some extent but it's been a lot better than I even hoped. I just hope it stays as good when the new girl moves in at the end of the month, I quite like it being me and the guys.

I don't know whether I particularly want this job over teaching but thought I'd test the boat and see. It's almost double the wage I'm on now for the same hours or possibly even less, there's room for progression where as there isn't really in teaching as I don't want to very a deputy or head. So I don't know, thought it'd very good to have a plan b in case I don't find a teaching job. I've applied for a few more today though, including one that involves developing and leading ICT across the school but where they actually pay you for that, which is rare! So we'll see.

Morning Caz!

Oops posted the same pic twice! Should have been a front one too.

You'll remember how bad my last houseshare was Mel. I hated it, spent all my time in my room, didn't feel comfortable in the house at all, didn't feel welcome and I knew that they didn't like me and *****ed about me behind my back, it was awful. So I was kind of dreading moving in here to some extent but it's been a lot better than I even hoped. I just hope it stays as good when the new girl moves in at the end of the month, I quite like it being me and the guys.

I don't know whether I particularly want this job over teaching but thought I'd test the boat and see. It's almost double the wage I'm on now for the same hours or possibly even less, there's room for progression where as there isn't really in teaching as I don't want to very a deputy or head. So I don't know, thought it'd very good to have a plan b in case I don't find a teaching job. I've applied for a few more today though, including one that involves developing and leading ICT across the school but where they actually pay you for that, which is rare! So we'll see.

Covering your based is a good plan.

Maybe you and the other girl will bond. With any luck she'll be neat freak and tidy up loads (or have a nearby BF and never be home). ;)

Good luck on all fronts!

I know she doesn't have a boyfriend, well I was told that, and she was very flirty with two of the guys. I've warned both of them to stay away! Hanky panky between housemates is banned because don't want an awkward house when it all goes badly! Hopefully she'll be fine or like you said she'll be out a lot.

Last week of term before a week off, final push! Staff meeting tonight AND Wednesday and reports to work on so it'll be a busy week. Going to the gym again this evening when Leon gets home from helping his sister revise for her GCSEs and then I'm going to try and go at least another 2 times, maybe 3. It's only a 5-10 min drive away so I really want to go 3-4 times a week, think the fitness will really help. May treat myself to a new, better HRM on pay day.

I know she doesn't have a boyfriend, well I was told that, and she was very flirty with two of the guys. I've warned both of them to stay away! Hanky panky between housemates is banned because don't want an awkward house when it all goes badly! Hopefully she'll be fine or like you said she'll be out a lot.

Last week of term before a week off, final push! Staff meeting tonight AND Wednesday and reports to work on so it'll be a busy week. Going to the gym again this evening when Leon gets home from helping his sister revise for her GCSEs and then I'm going to try and go at least another 2 times, maybe 3. It's only a 5-10 min drive away so I really want to go 3-4 times a week, think the fitness will really help. May treat myself to a new, better HRM on pay day.

Yes, no hanky panky... Bad ju ju.

I'm totally crushing on Leon -- gym buddy and tutors his younger sister! What a guy!

Noooo get a FitBit it - you can link it to your MFP account.

Sounds like a busy week ahead Caz, at least you have a nice week off coming up though, what are your plans for it?

Loving the idea of your gym buddy..look how motivated you are already, well done!

You look good in your photo hun and congrats on fitting into the gym trousers :) My arms need toned up too hun, but I am not being sensible like you and going to the gym...so well done you! :) Loving your hair Caz, it always looks so shiny and in such good condition..I am well jel ;) x

Enjoy your day and I hope new housemate keep her paws off the guys :)

Back