New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

congratulations Caz, year 1 is such a nice age group, you and Aaron will be able to start looking for a place of your own now :)

Happy Weekend, Miss Gray! ;)

I'm so pleased you've got a job where you wanted to be. And, it's just as well you weren't offered the others -- no future regrets (maybe the other job...). It's one sure path for you. You can focus!

Happy weekend AND happy half term! Woop woop!!

I walked out of that interview desperate to work there. I don't know why really but it was just the gut feeling I got, that was where I wanted to be. I was so upset and disappointed when I didn't get it, I actually cried! I felt like it was the place for me, it had all gone really well and so I expected to get it and was surprised when I didn't so obviously this is why, I was meant to be there but just in another position. Not are how it'll work transitioning into the school, I visited the one I'm at quite a few times to meet staff, meet the class, get on the system to look at policies etc. It'll be harder to do that when I'm 100 miles away! It'll be fine though, will sort it.

1369472337001.jpg1369472347013.jpg1369472355225.jpg

Naww... Opened the door to Aaron holding a big bunch of flowers yesterday evening. And I tell him he isn't romantic, he can be! Was lovely, gerberas are my favourite flower too :)

Aww, what a sweetie he is.
I love gerberas too.

What plans have you got this weekend Miss? ;)

I am excited, bought our first thing for the house today! Morrisons have a thing on at the moment where if you spend 35 pounds a week for three weeks you get a 10 pound off voucher. I had two and we went in today to get some bits which I totted up to be 27/28 pounds so needed a little more so picked up a cutlery set and some tea towels. Such exciting stuff :rolleyes:

It's a gorgeous day here and we really wanted to be outside so we're on our way to a nice park to have a picnic. Not sure what else we'll be doing this weekend. What do you all have planned?

Hi Caz, isn't Aaron a sweetie :) I've been swimming this morning and been catching up on housework, I'm now getting stuck into DH's accounts, they have taken a bit of a back seat while we were getting the house ready to sell/viewings etc, so I really need to get them up to date. DH is working today, but tomorrow and Monday, weather permitting, we'll get out walking.

I've been out running errands and am about to get to back to work on the hamster wheel and spring clean.

Hi!! Just caught up and so so so happy for youuuu! Congratulations!

Hi Caz, just popped in to catch up. Congratulations you! What a fab job, brilliant! And with the added bonus of being able to live with Aaron too. I remember when I first decided that I could afford a house, I started buying things about 6 months before- the same as you, a tea towel here, crockery there. I filled my Mum's spare room with boxes and boxes of stuff! And also told EVERYBODY I was moving out, and got lots of hand me downs. I'm still using the ironing board my ex's mum gave me, and a grill machine from somebody else. Loads of other stuff too. It really helps. Stuff like furniture I mostly waited for until I know where I was going and what I needed but I had pretty much everything else- towels, bedding, pots and pans... It is SO exciting!!

Afternoon lovelies. Having lived out of home before I've got a fair few bits already but we've said we'll keep an eye out and if we see deals buy things. Might as well if it'll save us money.

I really need to get back on track with eating right and exercising. Holiday is about 12 weeks away now, need to stop messing around!!

Hi Caz, 12 weeks is a good goal hun, even a 1lb a week would be almost a stone lighter than you are right now! I hope you slipped a little over the weekend, you had celebrating to do!..so happy for you and what a cute age to teach :)..all wide eyed and innocent..and keen to learn :)

I actually wanted to move a year or two further up the school but instead I've gone down a year but never mind! I'll happily teach any age really and it's a permanent job so I'm ok with that.

I just want as much off by holiday as possible. I know I won't be at goal because I faffed and then stopped S&S so that's not possible but I'd like to be as close as I can!

I've got myself all annoyed and frustrated!! Aaron's mum asked him what's happening housing wise now that I've got a job up there so he told her we'll be looking for a place to rent. She turned around and said that we'd be better off buying somewhere straight off - I wish we could! I've thought about it before and looked into it a bit but now it's just frustrating me because I've found a house that I really like, great price... but there's no way that we can do it. I've got about £1000 saved for moving but we'd need a £3500 deposit, which is pretty low but still, just not affordable at the moment with a couple of months notice! But now I want it :( I want that house :( I want to own a house :(

So exciting Caz, where is the house? maybe they will come down a bit in the price, or maybe someone will lend you the difference.

Last edited:
It's in Ashton-under-Lyne. I'd have around £1300 by July but I'd actually need a 10% deposit, not 5% as it's not eligible for NewBuy so I'd need £7200 for a deposit. Any bright ideas to find £5900?! lol

I don't understand... what does that mean? How does it work?

Well it's a negotiation thing really. You say to them look I want your house. I am in a position to move right in and I don't have to sell anything. I don't have the full deposit so if you give me some cash back on the sale then I can we can get this thing moving. The help to buy scheme is being extended to none new builds too but not until next year

X

Back