New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

I'm in the midlands, place called kingswinford. Aaron lives in Manchester. Whereabouts are you?

I'm in the midlands, place called kingswinford. Aaron lives in Manchester. Whereabouts are you?

Kate's in Blackpool.

Ah not in Manchester anymore then. Went to Blackpook for the first time a couple of months ago.

About to head to my interview, so nervous!

How'd it'd go?

Interview itself went very well, good rapour or however you spell it, I know my answers were good, lots of chat about my answers and application. It's the less. That could let me down though, just needed more time and know I could have done better. So really don't know what to expect at all!

Fingers crossed.

Didn't get the job

Nope, not yet. I was driving so let it go to voicemail, rang back for feedback like they said I could and they said that they woman who called would call me back, still waiting. Two more tomorrow yeah but would have rathered the Manchester one really, worried that I'll get none of them.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck tomorrow. Make them both feel they are the only job for you - it really does work!

Last edited:
I didn't go in there with an attitude of oh I don't really care, offer me the job or don't, I'm not bothered. I went in there and gave it my all, they didn't even know that I had other interviews lined up for today. It wasn't a case of that I wasn't really bothered which one I got, it was a case of I had, earlier, wanted them all equally but decided before the interview that it was that one that would be best for me. I gave it everything I could and that obviously wasn't good enough.

Still pretty fed up to be honest and just can't be bothered with these interviews today at all. If I don't get either of them I'm going to be so embarrassed when I go back to school tomorrow. 3 interviews and no job? Well plus the 2 before, they'll all wonder what's so bad about me and so will I to be honest!

I didn't go in there with an attitude of oh I don't really care, offer me the job or don't, I'm not bothered. I went in there and gave it my all, they didn't even know that I had other interviews lined up for today. It wasn't a case of that I wasn't really bothered which one I got, it was a case of I had, earlier, wanted them all equally but decided before the interview that it was that one that would be best for me. I gave it everything I could and that obviously wasn't good enough.

Still pretty fed up to be honest and just can't be bothered with these interviews today at all. If I don't get either of them I'm going to be so embarrassed when I go back to school tomorrow. 3 interviews and no job? Well plus the 2 before, they'll all wonder what's so bad about me and so will I to be honest!

Please don't feel that way... Unfortunately, sometimes (more often than not) it is who you know, not what. I'd not be surprised to find out the job went to someone with a "connection". It seems to be that way. Just keep trying. You though you'd not get this job and you have.

Last edited:
Please don't feel that way... Unfortunately, sometimes (more often than not) its who you know, not what. I'd not be surprised to find out the job went to someone with a "connection". It seems to be that way. Just keep trying. You though you'd not get this job and you have.

Unfortunately this happens much more than people will admit. Especially in the public sector where they have to advertise the job even if they have someone internally in mind.

Oh I know, it's awful. I have known occasions where the internal candidate hasn't got it but they've been few and far between, normally it's a done deal. I'd rather they be honest in that situation and not bother interviewing me really.

I've been offered a job! It's at the school I went to a couple of weeks ago where I came second. He called this morning and said that he has another position. He's going to email me and send me a letter confirming that I've been offered a position and so I can hand in my notice before the deadline. I don't need to hand in notice anyway because I'm on a fixed term contract. But yeah, I have a job, woo!

I'm still going to my two interviews today as I haven't had it in writing yet and don't want to pull out until I do. I've just done my lesson which went well and am at the second school for the interview now. Bit early so waiting in the car. Would be nice to be offered these jobs too so that I feel extra wanted! Could start that bidding war Mel was talking about :D

I got the call before I left my school this morning, I popped in to grab a few bits and it's a good thing I did because it was class photos which I'd completely forgotten about so they did my class first so I could be in the photo. Can't not have a photo with my very first class! So I told my head and deputy and they were really happy for me. The head knew how much I wanted that school and how disappointed I'd been and she really liked him too. They suggested I do these interviews too and only withdraw once I have it in writing even if it means not going back for the interview this afternoon.

But yay, I have a permanent job AND I get to move to Manchester and live with Aaron!!

Sorry to hear that the job situation isn't cooperating at the moment lovely Caz. I know exactly how you feel as i have been in the same situation as you are. I wasnt getting as many interviews as you are so you are clearly doing something right!! Its bad that they have to advertise for jobs that aren't technically available as they have someone in the post already. It makes me very angry as it is SO unnecessary!

YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING and something good too!! I know it! You are fab!! Dont give up hope. our dream job is around the corner even if you havent dreamed it just yet!

Hugs xxx

Back