New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Definitely walks, I was thinking the same thing. He's got a energetic labrador that we've got plenty of excuses to walk really! It's just such rubbish weather at the moment but once it warms up a little I would like to do a walk each weekend.

I think avoiding meals out is best for us. It's easy to go with a world of good intentions, which is what we did with Harvester last week. Those good intentions can soon disappear though, that's the problem! We've come up with some really nice recipes for the S&S protein meal so can have those but it loses the experience of going out to eat, which takes up a couple of hours!

We do end up spending quite a bit of time on Right Move looking at places lol We've said we might have a drive around the areas we're looking at one weekend too, just to see what they're really like. I thought about looking at places, seeing what we've got in our price range but I would hate to go and look at a place and fall in love with it when we're not ready to move yet! It's happened once before, won't make that mistake again lol

Weekends definitely do fly by don't they? I always enjoy our weekends together, even if we've just spent time in the house watching DVDs/TV. It's time with him and so I enjoy that. I just want to find things to keep us occupied and on the straight and narrow! I think it'll be a lot easier once the weather is nicer.

Minerva he's actually commented on the Wow picture in your signature, I spotted it too lol We both like gaming but if I'm there or he's here we can't really do that, only one PC at his and one laptop at mine. I'm buying a new PC next weekend, hopefully, which will be fun! It'll mean I can get back into games, we can play stuff together and I also don't have to use this stupid laptop for work anymore! Like you said, at the moment seeing each other at weekends feels like an occasion and we need to do something, anything really. We've both said exactly the same thing, once we move in together it'll be different. Not in a bad way though, just different. We'll both have all our stuff there and weekends will feel less full of pressure to entertain the other lol Not that we feel pressured but you know, I can't really go off on a Saturday afternoon to see my sister for a few hours and leave him here, same as he can't spend all afternoon playing a game while I'm there. Not unless I can play too! lol I'm going to take the Wii up to his next weekend too, can play games and stuff on that.

I'm going to move my scales Rose, put them in my wardrobe I think. Then I have to make the conscious effort to get them out and take them to the bathroom, it won't be just hopping on in the morning as I just happen to be in there with them anyway.

Ooh never heard of geocaching before Mel, will have to have a look :) There are some near me though I still don't completely get it, I'll have a proper read.

I was talking to him this morning about possibly going swimming each weekend. Only problem is that my local centre is closed all day Saturday and only open 10-12 on Sunday, it's something to consider though. I would like to do at least one active thing each weekend together, whether that's swimming, a walk, going to the gym etc. Think we need to create new habits together, healthy habits.

Put together a workout plan for myself for during the week. Just 10-15 minutes of weighted exercises on the stability ball, working a different muscle area each day. Even I can find 10-15 minutes a day, if I stop making excuses!! I don't think it'll bump up my losses but hopefully it will help me not go saggy! Did 15 minutes of yoga earlier, now going to do the first day of these exercises, try it out!

Did the first one, it was quite enjoyable! I did Friday's workout as it's the one furthest away so I was working out my arms, shoulders too a little. I can definitely feel it though possibly need to do a bit more. I don't want to do too much though, not sure how much exercise I can get away with on a VLCD.

Proud of you! Need to follow your lead.

I just know that getting back into fitness and exercise now is what will help me keep the weight off. I can't just go oh I'm slim now, better think about exercise! Need to build up that healthy lifestyle now. Think I want to join a club of some sort once I get to goal, something like kickboxing as I love Turbo Jam and it's that kind of thing. If it's a club/class then I'll feel I have to go! I'm strange, I actually LOVE exercise, it's just motivating myself to do it. Some of you may remember, though it seems like a long time ago now, that this time last year I was so in the zone with exercise. I'd wake up in the morning and it was the first thing on my mind, it was what I wanted to do and I did around an hour a day. That's what I want to get back to, not necessarily as much but just that doing it for the enjoyment and because I want to rather than it taking me an hour to persuade myself like it does now!! lol

Hi Caz I agree with Rose, go out walking, house hunting, (my favourite pastime) or a hobby you both enjoy. You can still have a meal out if you still to salads/meat and veg.

Hi Caz,

I think you've had some good suggestions here. You definitely need to find other was to be together other than eating. How about geocaching? It's loads of fun and you can sign up online and track your progress, plus even set up your own caches. Not only that but there at caches all over the world.

You should give it a go -- see if it doesn't suit you. Then you can venture out and explore on the cheap (bring your food and go hunting).

Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

My SIL and her husband are into geocaching, and we normally go with them when they visit us - there are always some they haven't done, they fairly high up in the "league table" of geocachers,

Last edited:
How is it morning already :( How is it Monday already even!! :(:( So so tired, today is going to be a LONG day lol Going to need some very early nights this week to get used at waking up at 5.30 again.

Talked to Aaron about geocaching and he's heard of it already apparently. We've said we'll give it a try, still not exactly sure how it works, not sure how I get my phone to tell me where to go but will look at it more.

Going to do exercise this morning before I go to school. I know, I must be crazy! I figure at least that way it's done, I'll just end up making excuses later or being too tired. It's only 10-15 minutes so going to try and stick with mornings and get it out of the way.

Have a great day all.

Morning! I was going to mention the app. Yay to your doing fitness. I waited until the plumber had been and gone. But, I'll put on my FitBit and do some fitness - the focus on the laundry and related tasks.

I hope your day goes well.

Looked at the app but have to pay for it.

Managed to do the workout this morning, only took 10 minutes so wasn't too bad. Can feel it a little so must work a bit.

Looked at the app but have to pay for it.

Managed to do the workout this morning, only took 10 minutes so wasn't too bad. Can feel it a little so must work a bit.

Keeping on track! Well done.

Caz... Did you doze off at work? I hope your day went well.

Nope, I have an android phone Amy.

I am absolutely, completely, utterly exhausted. Today has wiped me out completely. Mondays are always my hardest day, I'm on break duty and I have no TA all day. I left home at 6.45 this morning, did morning and afternoon break, worked half of lunch time, got home at 7pm and I've still got books that I HAVE to mark for tomorrow :( Good thing I did my exercise this morning, no energy for it now! Dinner's in the oven, going to finish catching up on diaries, have that and then crack on with this marking. Going to bed once it's done!

Thanks Squeezy.

Seriously thinking of sacking off this marking and going to bed! I've marked 18 out of 30 so it's not TOO bad really. I also marked 30 learning journeys before I left so I'm all marked out lol Ridiculously tired considering really, barely want to move!

Back