New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Thought Birmingham was next weekend Mel, enjoy!

Aaron has a Labrador, he's just over a year old now. I remember taking him for his first BIG walk last year. It was his first walk up the moors round the reservoir so he was amazed by everything. Wanted to look at and sniff everything. He had his first experience of water too when we went up to the reservoir. He was nervous at first but absolutely loved it by the end. He's an absolutely gorgeous dog and was an adorable puppy so whenever we passed people on the way back they'd want to say hello and have a bit of a cuddle/stroke. He was so tired out that he would just lie there and we'd have to battle to get him to move! He's older now, lots more energy, far more cheese but still a great big pudding. Such a lovely dog.

Last night we were very tempted by the Chinese buffet but went to nandos and had chicken and roast leg ratatouille instead. Later his house smelled of gorgeous Indian, got tempting then too! Today - hopefully taking the pooch for a walk and need to go shopping for a few bits. Aaron's fast asleep still, wish I could sleep in later!

Here he his :)

1362220982097.jpg

1362221053933.jpg

Aw Caza he is so cute, well done on resisting the Chinese buffett, i need some of your strength,

Last edited:
Blimey, i can't believe how big he is. I remember the pictures of him as a tiny puppy.

Enjoy your weekend Xxx

I know, he's a massive beast now! He runs into Aaron's bedroom door to push it open and then pounces up onto the bed crushing us! He'll stand on my stomach with one paw and all the fat in the world can't stop it hurting lol

Oh I'm so tired! We left around half 11 and are just on the train back now. Done at least 4 hours of walking around town, over 10,000 steps apparently. Was a good trip to town though, got everything I needed for a change.

Went into la senza and got measured too. Most of my bras don't fit very well anymore so wanted to know what size I was and look at their stuff. It seems I've gone from a 44B to a 38D!

Hey just caught up, gotta say a huge well done for actually getting exercise done. I've gone downhill since starting work but I feel like I shouldn't complain because my timings are like yours but I probably don't have as much to do in the evenings, it's just that the commute on train is so tiring that I have no energy when I get home! I need to get some inspiration from you!

Evening Caz!

Fab fitness. What a beautiful beast.

Oh I'm so tired! We left around half 11 and are just on the train back now. Done at least 4 hours of walking around town, over 10,000 steps apparently. Was a good trip to town though, got everything I needed for a change.

Went into la senza and got measured too. Most of my bras don't fit very well anymore so wanted to know what size I was and look at their stuff. It seems I've gone from a 44B to a 38D!

You seem to be losing it from the right places! Lucky you.

Aww gorgeous lab! You're so lucky he's a year now and you can walk lots more now. Still got a while to go before we can go on a BIG walk! Make that December actually.

Hey just caught up, gotta say a huge well done for actually getting exercise done. I've gone downhill since starting work but I feel like I shouldn't complain because my timings are like yours but I probably don't have as much to do in the evenings, it's just that the commute on train is so tiring that I have no energy when I get home! I need to get some inspiration from you!

Hi Aymz. I need to find your diary again, it seems to have disappeared from my list. Did you start a new one? I know what you mean completely. I spend about two and a half hours driving to and from work and even though I'm just sat there turning the wheel and pressing some peddles, some how it's exhausting! Maybe start exercising in the morning? It's much easier then I think.

Speaking of exercise, bought a stability ball workout DVD from HMV yesterday. Was reduced down to £3.50 and has 5 x 10 min workouts on it. Going to start using that for my morning workouts.

Evening Caz!

Fab fitness. What a beautiful beast.

You seem to be losing it from the right places! Lucky you.

Hi Mel. Hope Birmingham has treated you well? Hugo is beautiful isn't he! Wasn't quite so beautiful when he jumped on me with muddy paws yesterday though lol Since getting back I've put my measurements into a calculator and it's given me a completely different size to what the woman in la senza gave me! A size that's bigger than I wear now when mine are too big now so not sure what happened there lol

Aww gorgeous lab! You're so lucky he's a year now and you can walk lots more now. Still got a while to go before we can go on a BIG walk! Make that December actually.

Why would you have to want until December to go on a big walk? That's 9 months away!

Caz said:
Hi Aymz. I need to find your diary again, it seems to have disappeared from my list. Did you start a new one? I know what you mean completely. I spend about two and a half hours driving to and from work and even though I'm just sat there turning the wheel and pressing some peddles, some how it's exhausting! Maybe start exercising in the morning? It's much easier then I think.

Same diary as before, it's just probably at the bottom of your list because I haven't been using it. Not really been following a plan since the summer. It's like I'm not really motivated anymore or I just feel too busy and stressed :(

Coz he's not old enough! That's why I am jealous that Aaron's dog is a year old now. My spaniel is only 10 weeks old! We can't take him out at all for another week and then he can only walk for half an hour a day. You can gradually work up to 2 hours by the time he is 6 months but no strenuous exercise (like running hard) until he is a year old and his bones have calcified! No one told me this before! He'll be a fully grown year old in December!

Ah maybe that's why Aymz. Don't beat yourself up about it, we ALL go through periods like that. Mine lasted nearly a year and I put 2 stone back on! Maybe now is the time to start getting back on track? Just slowly, little steps. Start with your food, worry about exercise and fitness later. What plan works best for you, SW?

Who told you that night-owl? Hugo is only just a year old and we've taken him on big walks long before that. When we did the walk up to the reservoirs he was around 5-6 months old and he absolutely loved it. He was tired but he coped really well with it. He's had regular big walks since then, since about 6-7 months he's had a massive walk up the moors with Aaron's dad whenever he's had a day off. You really don't need to wait until he's a year old just to take him on long walks, it's not really strenuous exercise. We didn't wait that long with Hugo, we didn't with our family dog and my sister hasn't with her dog and they're all fine!

Morning! Loved Birmingham! We had a great time and it was a lovely day.

Think I read it in a library book. Never had a dog before me. Maybe I am being to literal. Will see how it goes with him. Still think I need to start gentle and build up though. Thanks, that is a relief that we can maybe walk him sooner that that.

Morning! Loved Birmingham! We had a great time and it was a lovely day.

Glad you enjoyed it. I love the Sea Life Centre, will have to take Aaron actually. Have you been to the London aquarium?

Enjoy your day with Aaron hun x countdown to the big anniversary..not long now? :)

Thanks Rose :) No not long at all, we'll have been together a year this Friday! So nice that it's a Friday so we can see each other. Can't believe it's been a whole year almost, how quickly has that gone! Amazing to think how it's worked out considering how it all began. Completely unexpected but completely welcome :)

Think I read it in a library book. Never had a dog before me. Maybe I am being to literal. Will see how it goes with him. Still think I need to start gentle and build up though. Thanks, that is a relief that we can maybe walk him sooner that that.

I'm no experts but have had dogs and haven't ever done that before. I asked Aaron's dad too, he's had lots of dogs, said he's never heard that or done that either. Definitely start of slow and build up though. Soon becomes obvious when they've had enough! Aaron's dad took Hugo for a massive two and half hour walk and then he still came back and was running around the garden playing fetch with us. Well, kind of, hasn't got the hang of having to drop the ball! Just no wearing this pooch out!

Glad you enjoyed it. I love the Sea Life Centre, will have to take Aaron actually. Have you been to the London aquarium?

!

You can use Tesco Vouchers for admission. Yes, a few times -- we've also been to Hunstanton's. There is one in Scarborough that DD has visited. We've also been in the one in Spain. We're planning to to Sea World in April. We've been to the one in San Antonio.

Wow I'm impressed with all the ones you've been to! I don't have a clubcard, never really use Tesco. Aaron does though, maybe I'll get him to save them.

Hi Caz,

You should get a Clubcard -- petrol adds up loads of points. My friend pays for her RAC membership with her points. Tesco is the closest Brit shop to my house. And it has loads of free parking. It's Tesco, Sainbury's or a small Waitrose or about 15 miles one way drive. Not spoiled for choices here.

Back