New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

I've been having a look on Google maps, it seems a nice place but maybe a bit too Italian! 95% Italian apparently, think we'd have better chances in a city with a more diverse population.

Nope, no Italian lol Will still go for it and see what happens I think. Nope it's an International School, so teaching like I do here really.

Just booked tickets to see the Lion King on 29th June... excited!!

£127 it's cost me so it better bloody be good!! It would be great to see it in London but it's a lot more hassle - trains, hotel etc. It'll take an hour or so to get to Birmingham, might try and get a cheap hotel and stay overnight though and just make it into a nice weekend. I've not seen it before but I've heard that it's absolutely amazing. The matinee on 29th June was the only Saturday performance with any seats left that weren't just a couple of single seats dotted here and there so it was book now or never really, they only had them as they added an extra performance. It'll be the very first one of the Birmingham tour, hopefully there won't be any major hiccups lol

Ooh that's exciting!! Can she get you freebies?

Ooh that's cool! I did only just manage to get tickets because they added an extra show.

You will LOVE The Lion King! It's amazing. @Rose -- Wee Cherub will love it. He'll be fascinated by the costumes -- seeing dancers on stilts portraying giraffes is incredible.

Good luck with the job -- and YAY to paying off your holiday and having money for tickets.

A CREDIT for resisting all that temptation at your sister's!

DD went seeing The Lion King in London last year I think, she said it was amazing. Hope you are having a good weekend with Aaron.

Hi Caz !! Great news about the interview !!

We moved from the UK to follow an amazing work opportunity here in the States and to say it's changed our lives is an understatement !! We love it !! It is the BEST thing we have EVER done !!

It was a big step for Mr D, as he hadn't travelled as much as me, and had never been to America before !! These days there is so much info online and lots of support, like ex-pat networks, etc. Luckily for us we didn't have to worry about the language, lol !!

Diva x

Hi Caz !! Great news about the interview !!

We moved from the UK to follow an amazing work opportunity here in the States and to say it's changed our lives is an understatement !! We love it !! It is the BEST thing we have EVER done !!

It was a big step for Mr D, as he hadn't travelled as much as me, and had never been to America before !! These days there is so much info online and lots of support, like ex-pat networks, etc. Luckily for us we didn't have to worry about the language, lol !!

Diva x

A friend of mine did the same, and I'd love to move to the states-but wouldn't know where to start! x

And we left the US to live in Europe in 1994! However, we're looking into returning in a few years.

How does that work? Tell me more x

You need to fill out a form online but I don't think British citizens can participate. I've got dual citizenship so I was able to apply on the basis of my native citizenship.

Just google US green card lottery. Just be aware there are loads of bogus sites that charge you for the application. It should be free of charge.

You need to fill out a form online but I don't think British citizens can participate. I've got dual citizenship so I was able to apply on the basis of my native citizenship.

Just google US green card lottery. Just be aware there are loads of bogus sites that charge you for the application. It should be free of charge.

Ah right! Thanks anyway x good luck with it

Back