New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

A friend of mine did the same, and I'd love to move to the states-but wouldn't know where to start! x

Not going to lie, it is expensive to do, and the red tape is pretty scary, and it can take years too !! We had temporary work visas and then moved on to permanent status via the Green Card.

Could your career get you over here ?? Being sponsored via work helps, and we were very lucky in that respect, as it was before the recession really hit, so I don't know how that has effected the whole immigration procedure....

Diva x

It's ok, I've got nothing interesting to say anyway!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1364918056.109797.jpg

This is what I shall keep telling myself today.

Oh not at the moment trisha, not been a good weekend (food wise) and I've been in a foul mood this afternoon!

Oh not at the moment trisha, not been a good weekend (food wise) and I've been in a foul mood this afternoon!

:hug99: Have a hug... they're always nice.

Don't let your relationship with food upset you - it's not worth it! I know you're stronger than that. Draw a line under it and don't let it affect the amazing achievement of reaching the 15st's! A night or two "off-plan" will not reverse that success. You can get to goal, just tell those nasty, dirty, hairy food-goblins to shove off and leave you alone!

:)

:hug99: Have a hug... they're always nice.

Don't let your relationship with food upset you - it's not worth it! I know you're stronger than that. Draw a line under it and don't let it affect the amazing achievement of reaching the 15st's! A night or two "off-plan" will not reverse that success. You can get to goal, just tell those nasty, dirty, hairy food-goblins to shove off and leave you alone!

:)

Great advice.

If you weren't interesting I wouldn't have been ha going with you in cyberspace for the past four or five years.

Caz I can only echo what others have said, a couple of days off the diet over Easter isn't too bad, and you have done so well uo to now, put it behind you, you'll soon be back on track losing the lbs

Thanks ladies. I was just having a truly fed up day yesterday, fed up of everything! Stayed 100% though but I usually do during the week, it's when Aaron and I see each other at the weekends that it goes to pot!

So a plan of action is required and a plan of action I have made :) I think weekend food needs to be more interesting and feel like more of a treat so I've said that we should try and make weekend food a bit more 'special'. So having things like S&S curry with cauliflower rice, which we font have time or inclination to make in the week, instead of the same chicken and roast veg or stir fry.

Also, we need to find other things to do to get out of the house for a bit. As it warms up we can start doing some nice walks, we've got the 12 mile sponsored walk in June so need to train for that. He has gym membership, they charge a fortune for one off visits but I may email and explain that I'm there every other weekend and see if we can come to an agreement. Or we can look at something like going swimming or playing squash. That way we're replacing eating habits with active habits.

Sounds like a very sensible plan Caz..good luck! :) I hope the gym can acomodate you and lets wish for warmer weather so we can all get out walking. A lovely, long walk with Aaron sounds ideal, you won't even realise you are 'exercising'.

You will both be wanting your weekends to be special, so making the new food choices will still mean special meals and special time..without extra cals :)

I see you are off to Lion King!!!woohoooo, we are hoping to go in October in Edinburgh. We have booked for Ghost, so Lion King is next on the list! :) I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sounds like a good plan Caz, hope the gym can sort something out, but as the weather gets better, you'll be able to get on some nce long walks

Sounds like a good plan Caz, hope the gym can sort something out, but as the weather gets better, you'll be able to get on some nce long walks

Agreed. It can't hurt to ask.

The hotel we're in is having the fitness center floor replaced, but DS went to the local YMCA and they gave him a free 3 day pass (he must have flashed his abs). I was annoyed about the center being closed -- but we managed to walk 10,000 steps yesterday -- and DD has been in the pool both days (cold as the water is).

Afternoon all.

Gym got back to me quite quickly. They normally charge £10 per visit for guests, which is quite a lot really. The manager has said that as Aaron is already a member and I'd be going fairly regularly they're happy to let me have the day passes for £5, that's for the gym, swimming pool, sauna, everything so it's worth it really. Will try and go every weekend that I'm at Aaron's, he's got a membership already so we might as well.

We are indeed off to see the Lion King Rose, very excited! It was quite expensive for the tickets but I really felt like it would be something I'd regret if I didn't do it. I've been having a look and we could book a travelodge for £30 so I may suggest that we do that too.

What a pain about the center being closed Mel, would they do that same arrangement for you?

Been to Chester this afternoon with my Dad to get a birthday present for my mum. Knew it could be tricky so got organised - had a chilli pack before I left, bar for in the car and stuck on a beef casserole in the slow cooker for when I got back. Not long back and still eating the casserole (took a break, too hot!!) so it was good that I did. It was nice to get out for a bit and chatted to my Dad lots, reminisced about some things from when I was a kid. It was nice. Turned down McDonalds and just had a diet coke, walked around Morrisons and just bought swede, leek and salmon... maybe I CAN do this!!

I don't want to do Slim and Save anymore! I hate how restricting it is to having any form of social life. Can't see Aaron this weekend now as he has got loads of uni work to do so what can I do instead? Well nothing really. I can't visit the few friends I have nearby really, all they want to do involves food or alcohol normally. I can't go and visit friends because I can't really do that and have S&S packs. Sometimes just feel so torn between doing S&S and losing the weight quickly and actually having some form of life and this is one of those times.

I don't want to do Slim and Save anymore! I hate how restricting it is to having any form of social life. Can't see Aaron this weekend now as he has got loads of uni work to do so what can I do instead? Well nothing really. I can't visit the few friends I have nearby really, all they want to do involves food or alcohol normally. I can't go and visit friends because I can't really do that and have S&S packs. Sometimes just feel so torn between doing S&S and losing the weight quickly and actually having some form of life and this is one of those times.

That's how I feel everyday :( it's horrid x

It is, isn't it? I know it'll be worth it when I get to goal. I also know that it's the only way I'm going to get to goal before my holiday to Tunisia. It's my mum's birthday tomorrow so we're having dinner at my sister's and it all feels so awkward! I told her I'm doing low carb when I went last week so she's planning a chicken salad for me whilst they have lasagne and I'll have to do something similar next weekend with another family meal. It could be worse really, at least she's supportive even if she doesn't quite know what my diet is fully.

Back