New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

I like the historic bus tours one.

Your card arriving you mean? You've got lovely writing by the way.

The weekend doesn't look great weather wise but I'll still have a look.

Have a wonderful birthday on Saturday Caz...be good to yourself :)

Wee cherub does have support in class, but not what I was expecting, the TA is in class anyway, but is for all the children and as cherub doesn't need support with any class work, she is there basically to calm him or take him out for a few mins in times of upset. I thought he would receive one to one, he doesn't :(

Have a wonderful birthday on Saturday Caz...be good to yourself :)

Wee cherub does have support in class, but not what I was expecting, the TA is in class anyway, but is for all the children and as cherub doesn't need support with any class work, she is there basically to calm him or take him out for a few mins in times of upset. I thought he would receive one to one, he doesn't :(

It should depend on what his statement says, and how many hours he has

To be honest Rosie I think no one to one support is best for wee cherub by the sounds of it. There's a TA there if he needs someone but otherwise he's left to get on and be independent, which sounds like a good thing to me really. From what you say he actually does pretty well with school and if he got the one to one support I'd be concerned that he'd come to rely on it.

Doing that Chinese fakeaway tonight. I joined a SW group on Facebook and it's great, did a post and got lots of good recipes. I'm going to do special fried rice as planned but got ideas/recipes to make spring rolls (using lasagne sheets!), sticky pork and chicken chow mein. There'll be no prawn crackers but I think I'll cope, just about!

I think we've decided to go out for lunch to Nandos tomorrow as my birthday thing. If the weather turns out to be nicer than it's forecast then we may do a picnic with my new picnic basket that I've still not been able to use yet! Or maybe go into the city centre, have a not of a wander round and go to Nandos there. We'll see, I'm just glad it's finally the weekend!

GOOOOD MORNING MY LITTLE CHICKADEE!

Chinese fakeaway sounds amazing. We need lot's of pictures.

Nice plans for the big day. I love nandos, if you are being good there's still plenty to choose from and i think it still feels like a treat.

Not sure the Chinese is happening now, Aarons going to be back late from the gym and I can't really be bothered. Felt like a very long day, so very tired.

I'm considering driving down to my parents in the morning for the weekend. Feels like it's been ages since I've seen them, especially my nieces.

Oh, discovered what's wrong with the car. Got chatting to a guy outside, he had his car bonnet up and a friend was under the car. Got talking about car problems and his friend had a look under mine, said the tailpipe on my exhaust has gone and so back box needs replacing asap as otherwise it could rip off and ruin the rest of my exhaust. Caught a local garage just before they closed, booked in to drop it off in the morning. That'll be a fun birthday job to do!

Happy Almost Your Birthday! It'll be good to get your car sorted. Will you be able to visit your family after all?

I understand cherub is entitled to 25? 27? hours per week, but as you say, I am happy that he doesn't require someone sitting beside him constantly, but there is someone on hand if he becomes distracted ;)...or if he is upset..so for that, I am grateful :)..and you're right Caz, he is independent and works within the class groups every day, never by himself..so all is good :)

If I don't manage on here tomorrow..just want to wish you the happiest birthday ever Caz, enjoy every second of it :)

Thanks Rosie :)

60 pounds, could be worse I guess but not what I want to spend money on on my birthday, I'd rather it be pretty stuff lol

Did the friday night/birthday Chinese fakeaway... completely syn free! Was quite nice.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Thanks Mel :)

Thanks ladies :)

Car is at the garage being fixed now, not going to my parents this weekend but will soon hopefully. Got staff night out next weekend and an engagement party the weekend after so maybe the one after that.

We've headed into the city centre as it's actually quite a nice day. Aaron bought me a bracelet (can't post pic for some reason) which has space for charms so might have a look in a few jewellery shops. We've come for lunch too, I managed to avoid the amazing sounding burgers and ordered steak with all the fat cut off, swapped chips for a jacket potato (no butter) and added an extra portion of veg. Completely syn free! I've had 11 syns in the past 4 days and am aiming for around 70 a week so have room for a treat if I fancy one but so far I don't, I was happy with my healthy choice.

Back