New Year New Start

ursuladon

I just got the shock of my life. Stood on the scales and have weighed in at the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I knew the weight was creeping on, jeans were getting tighter, shirts were popping open, but I never would have thought that I have gained 20lbs since last summer.

Decided yesterday that I would start Atkins today. I first did it about 10 years ago and successfully lost 25lbs with very little effort and have managed to keep it off until about 6 months ago.

I have an under active thyroid and for whatever reason low carb is the only thing that ever works for me.

I am running the London Marathon in April andI want to be 30lbs lighter standing on the start line.

Here goes!!!

Good luck with Atkins Ursula! I run a little - will never do a marathon - but wish you the best of luck for London!:D

Jealous! I wish I could bother myself to start running/jogging. I'm pretty sure the rest of the chub I need to lose would melt off if I did...just haven't got the zazz (whatever that means) to get up and do it!

You should take measurements as well. If you're running you'll probably build muscle which might make it look like you're losing less body fat than you actually are. Good luck!

Hi & welcome to the wonderful world of Mini's... good luck with Atkins & running a marathon!

Welcome and good luck!

Atkins is a fantastic plan as you know. The best x

Hi Ursula, good luck on your weightloss journey.
Ive also got an underactive thyroid and Im hoping that atkins can do it for me.

Hi Ursula and welcome to our Atkins forum.

Back