Extra Easy New year new start

Ariana

Wishful Shrinking
After continuing medical struggles with numerous hospital admissions and stays throwing all my efforts off course over the last year, and (thank you almost 2 years of continual high dose steroids) side effects of weight gain adding to an already there problem, I'm taking matters in hand. Slimming world I think I can stick to even on hospital food if I end up back in again, and I've heard other people on steroids have managed to lose weight on this plan (mostly because you can actually eat when you're hungry I'd think. I'm 39 this year with just over 6 stone to lose and 2 little kids with all their snacks to battle. I've thrown out all the rubbish (that is mine) and been shopping and planned out my week so I'm hopefully good to go!

Today's food:

B: Late breakfast of 3 egg omelette filled with chopped tomato, peppers, onion and mushrooms. 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn?) I

L: more of a mid afternoon snack due to late breakfast, Fruit salad (apples and pears)

T: OMG delicious! Nest of egg noodles made into chow mein with home made 5 spice, 1tsp sweetener and soy sauce, strips of carrot, celery, red onion, pepper, mushrooms and pork fillet cooked in frylight spray. This was so amazing and filling (and 1 nest of egg noodles served 2) - better than the last few takeaways I've had by miles!
image1.jpeg

HEA- Soya milk for cups of tea
HEB - Saving a slice of bread for toast in case I get nibbly later :)

Thank you :) Worked on some prep for back to work and made one of my favorites : Syn Free red pepper and sweet potato soup along with a potato and veg frittata to take for lunches Monday and Tuesday. They look so good I’m very much looking forward to them. Went for a 5000 step walk today with the kids around a local lake and got thoroughly muddy!

Today’s menu:

B: carrot cake baked oats with fresh blueberries (HEX A and B) Syn Free

L: bacon medallions, speed veg fry (mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, peppers, sweet potato and new potatoes), 1 tbsp baked beans, dry fried eggs and 1 Richmond sausage (4.5 syns - use up of some old that were in).

T: pasta Bolognese with tomatoes, courgettes, carrots, peppers, onion, mushrooms and 5%beef mince and pasta. Syn Free

Extra: soya milk for my tea 1.5 syns

41D272B4-607B-40EB-B564-014622BB0EAD.jpegB4AEAAB6-66DD-4605-B0A0-31B0FCEEE59D.jpegE03A331B-EF20-4670-9AC1-846AC2911D4E.jpeg

Thank you! I was stuffed!

Back to work today and a very busy day so I was glad of my weekend prep! Got in a good lot of steps though :)

Also a 4.5lb loss this morning after 2 days officially on SW and 5 days more careful eating before! Very pleased with that.

B: morning oats (strawberry and vanilla) HEX a and B

L: sweet potato and red pepper soup, cold veg frittata (Syn Free)

T: Syn Free Cajun chicken pasta

Snacks: grapes, 2 satsumas , 2 syns of soya milk for tea

5700C312-4248-41D1-B61D-00F58942E4C7.jpeg

Your food looks so good. You are doing well Ariana. Well done, keep it going

Here to subscribe - love a new diary! Your food looks delicious :)

Thank you all! I feel like I’ve been eating really well. I crumbled and had 1 crisp at a buffet thing this evening through! Not sure I can syn 1 crisp alone but I still wish I hadn’t given in.

However the rest of the day was on plan!

B: Syn Free French toast with sliced banana and 1tbsp syrup (4.5 syns but worth it) hex B

L: leftover Cajun pasta, sweet potato and red pepper soup

T: beef, potato and vegetable slow cooked soup

Snacks: soya milk for tea (hex a), I potato crisp (?) vegetable frittata leftovers

D87F62CE-8BF8-444A-9BBB-6F581AB6097E.jpeg

1 crisp! That's not even half a syn, well done for stopping there. Beef and veg soup looks lovely!

Lol! Yes thank you both, that’s what I’m telling myself. It was lovely and I have enough leftovers for 2 lunches! Was super busy at work today so on the go all day!

Here’s today’s food:

B: 2 heck spring chicken sausages 0.5 syns and a boiled egg, banana and an apple

L: Syn Free sausage rolls (hex b), chopped salad, yogurt (hex a), Apple, 2 satsumas

T: Syn Free Chinese chicken and broccoli with rice (super yummy!)

Snack: it was work well-being breakfast so I had a bacon medallion in a spread free small roll (6 syns) as they’d got me dairy free rolls specially so I couldn’t easily say no. Oh well it within syns!!

2CDE3F70-B325-4243-A2B4-E7D34E216F2D.jpeg

Another good Day Ariana keep going!

Thank you all! I’ve been so hungry this afternoon I’m starving! And headachy. Glad I had a leftover meal in to reheat for tea!

B: chopped melon and yogurt HEXA

L: Syn Free sausage roll (HEXB) and chopped salad, apple

T: Syn Free pasta Bolognese leftovers

Sn: chicken skewers

A5AF5FEE-00A0-438D-A530-605071428179.jpeg

Vanished yesterday as I was feeling incredibly ill and rough. Went off plan a little - just freezer food that my other half cooked for tea shared with the kids (chicken and chips) and a ready tuna and cucumber sandwich with ready chopped carrot sticks and fruit salad for lunch. I had a biscuit as I felt a sorry for myself lol!

Today I’m still feeling poor but back on track.

B: an apple (waiting for anti sickness meds to kick in)

L: chicken salad

T: Syn Free sweet potato and onion bhajis, rice, Syn Free chicken balti.

Lovely but could eat much so I’ve bagged the rest of the curry for freezing as an easy ready meal for another night.

9722BA29-59A9-4E2C-8C04-E88F54801AB2.jpeg

Had a busy day prepping food for work next week - my favourite Syn Free sweet potato and red pepper soup (it’s so creamy and thick and tastes amazing) and this week tried some 1 syn corned beef, potato and onion pasties to take with me to work. Photo below :)

Had a moment of victory with my little girl this morning who discovered she loves apple baked oats (very good for her too with no sugar or junk) and both my kids made their own tiny morning oats for breakfast packed with berries :) had my little boy help me make the kfc style nuggets and wedges which he loved.

B: 1 syn Apple baked oats (syn for the cooked apple) Hex a and B

L: home made kfc style nuggets (2 syns for home made breadcrumbs), rustic spiced wedges and a large chopped salad (all Syn Free)

T: Syn Free Cajun style dirty rice (a massive success, my OH ate two plates of it!)

Snacks: grapes, cucumber and carrot sticks.

Weighing in tomorrow so fingers crossed for a loss!

3F5C98E6-E5A9-4758-8892-5228C6119DD9.jpeg324A9A29-A2C0-4280-B43D-D5478F4CEEFD.jpeg

Oh those pasties look delish - am only getting back to SW, is there a recipe for these please? x

Back