NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

SlimmerSu

Gold Member
It's that time again!! lol

I haven't got any New Years Resolutions, so i have started this thread out of pure nosiness!! lol
If anyone comes up with one i may be tempted to adopt it!!

I hope you all manage to stick with your resolutions x x

lol @ pure nosiness!!

My new years resolution I guess is to get to 13st this year. And not get a BF whos an A-hole! lol.

Well, i can encourage you to get to 13st (although i have no doubt at all that you will get there), but i am no use to you at all regarding the BF.. I have a husband who never has been an ar8ehole, and hopefully never will be, so all i can say is that they do exist, and you will find your Mr Right when you are not looking for him!!

When you meet him... watch your weight... Both me and Joe have ballooned since we met!!! lol x x

I gave up making New Year Resolutions a few years back now but my goals for the coming year would be to get to my weight goal of 10st and to knuckle down with my home studies so later in the year I can actually get a job and support myself so I don't need to rely on the ex and feel obliged to keep him sweet >.< (which is a REAL struggle!).

Frozen - A BF that's not a total @ss would be quite high on my list too although not sure it'll happen for me in 2011, but it's a good resolution to live by! hehe x

lols!

Thanks Sue, I'm sure he is. It's just finding him. Tragically I thought I found him. But he turned out to be a super A-hole. lol.
One day I'll meet him I'm sure, in the mean time I get to goto all my friends weddings. Unfair lol.

oo Cookeh what are you studying? I should be going back to Uni when my son starts full time school. I can't afford to put him in nursery as well as take my classes.

We'll both be on the look out for those non A-holes then. At the moment my friends are all trying to set me up with guys they have fully vetted. They no longer trust me to find my own men lol.

Im teaching myself computer programming i.e. application and web development. I have a background in IT but I havent worked in several years due to ill health. I find myself in a situation though whereby I need to be able to support myself and although I may not be quite ready to go back I have a feeling I'm going to *have* to sooner rather than later. Talking of which, my overseas friend, a fellow programmer, sent me a text book for Christmas! Most people might not be impressed with this as a gift but for me its incredible as I have memory issues as a result of my chemo and this book is actually written in a special way to help you remember what you are learning, rather than the way a regular text book is written. I'm so happy :) hehe What is it you are wanting to do at uni?

lol @ your friends not trusting you, but hey, if it turns out they find the love of your life for you then thats ok! hehe

oh, and PS, I added you to MSN :)

Ah that's good. Was nice of them to send you the text book. My ex was a computer programmer. All the talk goes over my head. I think he just made it sound more complicated.
Is it easy to teach yourself it, I was looking at it, with all the different codes. I'm good at computers but I don't think I'd be able to teach myself it.
Do you want to work as a computer programmer? They make good money.

I'm studying Forensic science and Psychology. When I've finished the degree I should be able to get into medical school then to train as a Forensic Pathologist. lol delightful ambition.

lol yeah I think they've give up on me now, with the guys I've dated it's tragic, but like you said it might work out. lol.

Thanks I have your add, I just accepted you.

Last edited:
i dont have one this year as i always do the lose weight resolution and im well on the road to that now lol x x

Don't really make NY resolutions, but I suppose the main one would be to lose weight and get a lot fitter than I am now (and I already exercise regularly). I'm going to do the couch to 5k challenge and aim to run Race for Life in the summer. I did it a few years ago, and then due to illness and injury - and then getting fat! lol - I've not been able to do it since. I'd also like to work on my self esteem and confidence, and not let people walk over me quite so much. Think that'll do! lol

Happy New Year everyone :) xx

Oh, and I'm going to stop bothering with people, and being nice to people, who clearly couldn't give 2 sh**s about me! :)

We made a joint one this morning......don't laugh......make more time for each other and .....wait for it...have more sex! Last year was hideous for me health wise and I've had five long years of ill health and operations and, like many of you, hated my body soooo much that I struggled with the physical side of my relationship.....in fact I was glad that I had an excuse, in needing a hip replacement, in order to avoid having sex......sorry is that too much info?

Anyway, we have had an absolute tragedy in the past couple of days (find it too painful to discuss here) and it has forced us to talk which, tbh, we had been avoiding doing and only a week ago I was worried that out 20 year relationship was on the rocks. We have also had to cling to each other for comfort after barely touching for months....anyway to cut a long and far too intimate story short.......we realised just how much we had missed each other. Added to which I don't cringe now when he touches me and I can even bear (bare) to be seen naked.

I hope that this makes sense to those of you who still feel like I did, you have to start loving yourself before you can let somebody else love you.....I, personally, couldn't even bring myself to like my fat self, let alone love me. Ok that makes me a pretty shallow person I guess but that's the way I am.....

Happy New Year? X

aahhh sandra that is so nice. im glad you are feeling good about yourself and also that things are feeling better for you and your o/h. i hope your new is sex filled lol and very happy x x x

Sandra I understand exactly where your coming from & you are a great inspiration to us all:)
I wouldn't say it's a new year resolution as I started my weight loss journey in December but I would like to reach my ideal weight by June before my 30th birthday in July, be more confident with myself & carry on sorting out my finances:)
Best of luck to everyone with your new year resolutions :)xxx

Thx ssh.....I'm sure that I'm not the first, and I certainly won't be the last, to have relationship issues caused by weight.....

definatly not sandra i think weve all been there x x

My new years resolution sounds a little selfish! It's "to be good to myself". That includes loosing weight to improve my health, not constantly beating myself up, taking time for me- like reading a book, taking a long walk, getting my hair done, facial etc.
I am not really that self-centred but last year I felt so low that I let myself get in a real rut and took no pride in myself which became a downward spiral of comfort eating, feeling negative etc.

My new years resolution is to make this one my last one where I have to start the year worrying about dieting!

I want to wake up on New Years day 2012 and actually go about my day knowing I've accomplished my goal of getting to my target weight and staying there.

Also, my other new years resolution although I do this on a daily basis anyway is to always tell my son "I love you" at the beginning and end of each day and to give him a kiss and a cuddle. It's something I've done since the day he was born and it's something I intend to keep on doing, but to be honest, although I think about it now, it comes naturally to me anyway. :) xx

im with you abbie on that! every year ive started saying ill lose weight..this year my news years resolution is to make sure this is the last time its at the top of my list!! get to goal by the summer!

Also i need to start believing in myself. Last year was such a tough year for me and i got to realise who were my real friends and who weren't. So this year i want to believe in myself like my friends and family believe in me.
I want to be confident and love myself...:0 and i honestly cannot wait for that day when i get to goal and maintain.... i honestly dont know what im going to think about when i dont need to lose weight..as i seem to think about it ALLL the time..... so many things to look forward to :) x

Back