New year, same me; just less wobbly + Project 52!

Our cake will be a bit off the wall! Cupcakes representing the sea, then we want a cake topper of me, the OH and the dog in a rowing boat being dragged under by the kraken.......yes I know it's odd! I'm just not a wedding cake kind of person :D

A bit odd maybe, but it sounds hilarious and brilliant!

beckyn22 said:
Thanks Jez - it sounds very high powered and great to be your own boss but people under you causing hassle - I can relate to that; that is pretty much why I'm on supply and in a bad place financially!

Also it must be tiring having to constantly have a 'public' face on and all the travelling but you sound a proper entrepreneur! Difficult one - what you enjoy vs big salary cut. Could you maybe wait a bit until the company has built up even more then be an exec. owner or something leaving you free to pursue other projects? A shame about your degree - can you still count what you've done if you ever decide to go back to it? You're a real achiever hon! Am very impressed!

Thank you so much for the photo info too - will do that tomorrow!

Food looks great btw! Catch you tomorrow hun xxx

The biz will prob never get to that size, although I would like to, as i'll never be able to compete with the big, reputable agencies. Any bigger and I may aswell have no home life! Plus, the more employees the more pressure I feel to push myself and then I feel all the more upset when they let me down. I tend not to talk about work in real life because rather than talk about the nice bits I get bogged down with the horrible bits, I even removed all hint of it from facebook because I was getting countless requests from people I haven't seen for years or casual acquaintances to do their wedding/prom/christmas party makeup- for FREE! NO, I won't!! It's sad that I feel like that because I used to love doing makeup for anyone and everyone....:cry:

Are you looking for a long term teaching post? And what do you teach? I started out wanting to be a teacher, I would have been useless!!

Chipmunk89 said:
A bit odd maybe, but it sounds hilarious and brilliant!

It's going to be our middle finger to those who've criticised our decisions so far :D any wedding plans for you yet?

hey jerri, its clare (your old mate from round corner.) was nosin through this site an saw ur pic. Ur doin great with all your losses, keep up the good work an what a lovely day to be focussin on. xx

Aw Hiya hun, are you doing SW? What class are you going to? I'm at Jo's in the legion- it's my weekly social, absolutely hilarious.

How are you?

im good thanks. yeah givin slimming world a go. Im not goin to classes because of work i never know if il be off on same day. Iv tried it last yr so still got the books. x

This site is great for help and support. Keep an eye out for updates as there are always changes, new books came out in Jan. Wishing you good luck x

It's going to be our middle finger to those who've criticised our decisions so far :D any wedding plans for you yet?

No, I have no idea yet. It's all just rather scary to think about. Probably won't start planning for a few months yet, we're in no rush and haven't really got the money to be sorting things any time soon. I'm sure there'll be fun parts once I get round to doing it but right now it's really daunting!

Your cake topper sounds epic! Need kraken rum involved too it's tasty and sea themed! ;-) edamame beans are amazing I love them, my Chinese supermarket do ones still in the pod as well as the shelled ones, so fun to pop them out! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, the effing cake woman didn't turn up!

In other news, I've had a sh1t day. Busy, busy, busy. Tuesday is usually the easiest day of the week; do a bit of admin, go the suppliers, clean kits and brushes rigorously, reply to emails, try out all the samples we've recieved of late and spend the afternoon drinking tea and making each other look daft. None of that happened :cry: just loads of hard work. Only just sat down!

Been quite healthy- 2 bananas, an apple, 1/2 punnet strawbs, leftover roast for lunch with no gravy so entirely free, stir fry for tea. Then got a cob on and drank half a bottle of wine on the train home from Manchester and ate a packet of velvet crunch- unecessarily.

Good news though- I have been asked by 3 people today if my eyelashes are my own! Guessing the revitalash is taking effect, although it's only been 3 days, but I guess it's making them stronger so they aren't snapping when I apply mascara. I took a sh1tty camera phone photo so I'll upload it when I manage to dig my phone out of my bag, not that you can really see much difference but I guess if people are asking something must be going on:confused: Don't want to start mass product hysteria here ladies, but I guess it works :D

As I said, after all that unning about the cake woman cancelled on me so now I don't know what to do. Normally I'd get another supplier out of sheer pig headedness but I really like her cakes! Damn.

Off to the theatre tomorrow night as my nephew has a role in South Pacific with that bird out of Eastenders (Samantha Womack?) So off to cheer him on. Hope you are all well, I'll catch up with you all tomorrow, I've missed my e-friends :cry: so much less judgemental than my actual friends!

Todays eyelashes:

ForumRunner_20120228_225925.jpg

Tonights epic stir fry:

ForumRunner_20120228_230009.jpg

And me and my cousin, both 1 stone into our sw journey, plus aforementioned puppy in a bag (nothing to do with me). The next photo of us together will be at my wedding, hopefully we'll be that thin you won't notice us on photos!

ForumRunner_20120228_230039.jpg

You are so pretty. I love your style :) I know what you're going to say - "I KNOW!" :p

Chipmunk89 said:
You are so pretty. I love your style :) I know what you're going to say - "I KNOW!" :p

I don't really mean that when I say it- my nan used to say self confidence is only taught, not bought and she was right! It makes me feel better when I say I know, and always makes a compliment easier to swallow :D but it's an uber compliment coming from someone as gorgeous as you! I love your avatar :D

As for style- that shirt is only from asda!!

JezVonSavage said:
I don't really mean that when I say it- my nan used to say self confidence is only taught, not bought and she was right! It makes me feel better when I say I know, and always makes a compliment easier to swallow :D but it's an uber compliment coming from someone as gorgeous as you! I love your avatar :D

As for style- that shirt is only from asda!!

Ahh, but style is the shirt + hair + accessories! :)

And thanks lovely! :D

Jumps in.......
Would be rude to read and run
and not say hello
have seen you around the board
I like your style Jez
and congratulations on your wedding news
right off to read your diary now :D

Morning Jez. Hope you have a less frenetic day at work today hun. Maybe we shouldn't talk about work so much. My fault - was so overwhelmed by all the make up talk.

I teach music and I can't believe the cheek of FB friends you mentioned. Blimey - I wouldn't give people singing lessons or piano lessons for free (not that I do private tuition these days anyway lol) but that's well cheeky. You wouldn't ask for a free ride on a plane because you've got a friend who's a pilot or something - mind you some people would I suppose. Grrr.

Food is looking good Jez and I love the Kraken theme for your wedding. Just (o.k this is me being really superstitious!!) could you make it a friendly kraken who's going to take you to an underwater paradise???!!! Just worried re bad omens!! I am such an old wife lol but love the originality of the idea! My OH really wants a themed wedding if we ever get round to (a) saving up enough money so that he can get divorced and (b) save up even more to get married. I would love a gothic style do, maybe red dress like in medieaval (I think!) times.

Hope today is a breeze compared to yesterday hun and that you get the cake sorted and enjoy SP tonight :bighug: xxx

P.S: How gorgeous are you in the pics!! xxx

Hey lovely just gegging in here I'll read back a bit later when get on the laptop xx

Back