New year, same me; just less wobbly + Project 52!

well

i have just read like the last 10 pages or so. I LOVED all the make up chat! i love make up! I'm also addicted to QVC haha I get all my skincare products from there (mainly elemis and philosophy) and my make up from there too, bare esencuals and laura gella! haha I wear them of a day mainly, I love BE eyeshadows! I usually get them when on TSV so I get a set! I must say though if I am going out I tend to wear a rimmel foundation, powder, THEN I put on bare esenctuals and mineral veil over that so it is probably caked on a bit but it's for a night out and it stays all night with maximum coverage so why not!! I love eyshadows, although I do stay with mainly darker colours for the smokey eye effect, I went on that sleek website and loved the bad girl palette, may have to get that! Last year on group on I bought pro lash, (similar to the one you have) a 30 day supply and it really worked! I'd had semi permanent eyelashes and it's brought my own back plus they're nicer than they ever were! I have to draw my brows on too :( not for long though as I'm getting semi permanent make up next wednesday FINALLY!! I had ann appointment last february then found out the week before that I was pregnant and had to cancel!

anyway, sorry to rant on haha x

Hello ladies (and Steve is he is waiting to spring a Scouse joke on me!)

Nice to see a few new faces about, apologies that i've been slow responding it's been a busy few days! Currently travelling up to Warrington for a meeting that will likely be fruitless- but it gets me out the office. I' m having one of "those" weeks in regards to staff and feel like stabbing them all, unfortunately employment law forbids that :rolleyes:

Went to see my nephew on the Liverpool Empire last night, I was very proud of him. He's in South Pacific with Samantha Womack and Alex Ferns, it's his first proper acting role so he's done really well to get it (he's only 9). Snuck backstage to pick him up and had a sneaky cocktail.....this is after a sneaky wine, small box of pringles, a Time Out and a string of dolly beads :eek:

Anyway, I really need to get back on track as I suspect this will be third week without a decent loss. Obv got myself into a bit of a lull at the mo, might sit down and reread my book and all that, look up some new recipes. (had the fanta sweet and sour last night and it was vile: you're all mad!!)

How are we all??

Hey Jez, ah bless your nephew. Sounds like a star in the making. Totally feel you on the employment front. Was sick of today at about 10am! Anyway, went to buy my makeup at lunch to cheer myself up and it's fab - went with the mac sculpt foundation and a cream blush. Seems to have a really good finish so I'm really pleased.

Sure you'll get back on track with the diet when u read your book. Your pep talk on the weekend definitely helped me and I was 2lbs down on Tuesday so very happy. And if the book fails just think of the d r e s s!!!!! X

Jumps in.......
Would be rude to read and run
and not say hello
have seen you around the board
I like your style Jez
and congratulations on your wedding news
right off to read your diary now :D

Hello Mumma and welcome...can't believe you are considering reading all of it!! Utter drivel!

Hello ladies (and Steve is he is waiting to spring a Scouse joke on me!)

Nice to see a few new faces about, apologies that i've been slow responding it's been a busy few days! Currently travelling up to Warrington for a meeting that will likely be fruitless- but it gets me out the office. I' m having one of "those" weeks in regards to staff and feel like stabbing them all, unfortunately employment law forbids that :rolleyes:

Went to see my nephew on the Liverpool Empire last night, I was very proud of him. He's in South Pacific with Samantha Womack and Alex Ferns, it's his first proper acting role so he's done really well to get it (he's only 9). Snuck backstage to pick him up and had a sneaky cocktail.....this is after a sneaky wine, small box of pringles, a Time Out and a string of dolly beads :eek:

Anyway, I really need to get back on track as I suspect this will be third week without a decent loss. Obv got myself into a bit of a lull at the mo, might sit down and reread my book and all that, look up some new recipes. (had the fanta sweet and sour last night and it was vile: you're all mad!!)

How are we all??

:wow: a little star tint he making methinks! Work sounds hectic and I'm not surprised you're veering off plan a little bit with travelling and whatnot. Just do what you can do hun - you will get there. You will make a stunning bride whatever you weigh on the day but obvs understand you have a particular goal in mind.
Try not to kill too many of your staff :8855: xxx

Last edited:
Morning Jez. Hope you have a less frenetic day at work today hun. Maybe we shouldn't talk about work so much. My fault - was so overwhelmed by all the make up talk.

I teach music and I can't believe the cheek of FB friends you mentioned. Blimey - I wouldn't give people singing lessons or piano lessons for free (not that I do private tuition these days anyway lol) but that's well cheeky. You wouldn't ask for a free ride on a plane because you've got a friend who's a pilot or something - mind you some people would I suppose. Grrr.

Food is looking good Jez and I love the Kraken theme for your wedding. Just (o.k this is me being really superstitious!!) could you make it a friendly kraken who's going to take you to an underwater paradise???!!! Just worried re bad omens!! I am such an old wife lol but love the originality of the idea! My OH really wants a themed wedding if we ever get round to (a) saving up enough money so that he can get divorced and (b) save up even more to get married. I would love a gothic style do, maybe red dress like in medieaval (I think!) times.

Hope today is a breeze compared to yesterday hun and that you get the cake sorted and enjoy SP tonight :bighug: xxx

You cursed me Baz!! I've had a horrendous week, haha.

The Kraken is not a theme, just part of the cake! We've had a rough old ride, me and my OH, so I suppose it's our way of saying we've got each other however bad things get :rolleyes: It's taken us a loooooong time to get married and if it wasn't for parental intervention we probably still wouldn't have thought about it! And now that we are I won't let anyone bully me into having something I don't want- I'm not really what you would expect from a bride, we are having a nautical theme (getting married in a yacht club) and then it all gets a bit chaotic from there. If you like gothic style dresses, have you looked at Uptight Clothing? Their stuff is fab.

Cheeky question but why don't you do private tuition anymore? Would you not make a bit of money from that?

Try not to kill too many of your staff :8855: xxx

Thankfully, I haven't returned to the office so they are safe for the day!! :D

:wavey: Bore Da :wavey:

:dragon: Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus :dragon:

Welcome Ginlin! I hope you aren't offending me here!! :D xx

well

i have just read like the last 10 pages or so. I LOVED all the make up chat! i love make up! I'm also addicted to QVC haha I get all my skincare products from there (mainly elemis and philosophy) and my make up from there too, bare esencuals and laura gella! haha I wear them of a day mainly, I love BE eyeshadows! I usually get them when on TSV so I get a set! I must say though if I am going out I tend to wear a rimmel foundation, powder, THEN I put on bare esenctuals and mineral veil over that so it is probably caked on a bit but it's for a night out and it stays all night with maximum coverage so why not!! I love eyshadows, although I do stay with mainly darker colours for the smokey eye effect, I went on that sleek website and loved the bad girl palette, may have to get that! Last year on group on I bought pro lash, (similar to the one you have) a 30 day supply and it really worked! I'd had semi permanent eyelashes and it's brought my own back plus they're nicer than they ever were! I have to draw my brows on too :( not for long though as I'm getting semi permanent make up next wednesday FINALLY!! I had ann appointment last february then found out the week before that I was pregnant and had to cancel!

anyway, sorry to rant on haha x

Hi Rosa and welcome :D

Sounds like you've got your makeup routine down and know what you like! Do you know anyone who works in QVC? The staff shop used to be the best thing ever- proper perk of the job. Sad I don't get to go anymore :cry: I can't be trusted with BE because everytim I open them I throw product all over the floor, or all over my kit :eek: So I stay away from them.

I hope you are going somewhere reputable for the eyebrows!! I've never had mine done, I mess about with mine too much depending on my mood :rolleyes:

Feel free to inject any more makeup talk into the thread :D x

Hey Jez, ah bless your nephew. Sounds like a star in the making. Totally feel you on the employment front. Was sick of today at about 10am! Anyway, went to buy my makeup at lunch to cheer myself up and it's fab - went with the mac sculpt foundation and a cream blush. Seems to have a really good finish so I'm really pleased.

Sure you'll get back on track with the diet when u read your book. Your pep talk on the weekend definitely helped me and I was 2lbs down on Tuesday so very happy. And if the book fails just think of the d r e s s!!!!! X

Yes I have to think of the dress! As well as the potential beach honeymoon in the far east- must think of the bikinis :eek:

Glad you got your foundation, what colour did you end up with? They are spot on in MAC for advice, can't knock the staff there. Glad to hear about your loss :D

Oooooh Sis- lovely to see you :D How are you? xx

I'm grand lassie, (I always type in a Scots accent how weird am I?)
I haven't had a chance to back read but now I'm subbed you'll ne'er getaway!

I wouldn't bother- it's not very interesting!! In other news, look what I've been watching:

Nautical Knots

(For those of you who don't know, Shirleen came up with the amazing idea to have a wedding bouquet made out of nautical knots. I know, she's a genius!)

Hi Rosa and welcome :D

Sounds like you've got your makeup routine down and know what you like! Do you know anyone who works in QVC? The staff shop used to be the best thing ever- proper perk of the job. Sad I don't get to go anymore :cry: I can't be trusted with BE because everytim I open them I throw product all over the floor, or all over my kit :eek: So I stay away from them.

I hope you are going somewhere reputable for the eyebrows!! I've never had mine done, I mess about with mine too much depending on my mood :rolleyes:

Feel free to inject any more makeup talk into the thread :D x

I've heard about the staff shop so I go on at my younger sister to get a job haha ^_^ BE is really messy the amount of times i've spilt it all over myself is ridiculous :( the eyeshadows are the worst for it! haha

i'm going to helen (not sure on surname) from Posh in Aigburth, most people I speak to seem to recommend her anyway and loads in my work have been to her haha I even went with my mate last year when she got hers done (what was supposed to be me getting them done too)

i'm super excited for it I've wanted it for years! x

Back