New year, same me; just less wobbly + Project 52!

Style isn't always about what your wearing, it's about the finishing touches, makeup, hair and acessories, having a bit of flair and individuality....which you definately have!!....I would hazard a guess that you dress well for your size and carry it really well. I couldn't give a watsit about people knowing what I weigh and I have had a few comments this last week about my loss so far, when I've said I need to lose another five stone they are shocked....but five stone will only take me to the very top end of a healthy weight for my height, I suppose that's a compliment!! I am rather excited about a wedding I'm going to this weekend, I can fit into one of my get cutie dresses that was too tight up untill a few weeks a go, so that's getting an airing!! Had my hair cut into what my Daughter (a hairdresser!) calls a Jessie J bob...I look like I've eaten Jessie J!!! Have you found things your able to fit into smaller clothes yet? x

peacedove said:
Style isn't always about what your wearing, it's about the finishing touches, makeup, hair and acessories, having a bit of flair and individuality....which you definately have!!....I would hazard a guess that you dress well for your size and carry it really well. I couldn't give a watsit about people knowing what I weigh and I have had a few comments this last week about my loss so far, when I've said I need to lose another five stone they are shocked....but five stone will only take me to the very top end of a healthy weight for my height, I suppose that's a compliment!! I am rather excited about a wedding I'm going to this weekend, I can fit into one of my get cutie dresses that was too tight up untill a few weeks a go, so that's getting an airing!! Had my hair cut into what my Daughter (a hairdresser!) calls a Jessie J bob...I look like I've eaten Jessie J!!! Have you found things your able to fit into smaller clothes yet? x

I agree even though I can't do accessories!

Haha!! Just realised that I've commented on something that was mentioned a few pages back...just catching up with Jez's diary, only got half way through...glad it made sense to you Shirleen!!! My eyebrows are monsterous!!! would cover my entire face if I allowed them!! If I got left on a desert island they'ed come back months later and think they had found an extra from Planet of the Apes!! Would love to have nice shaped brows and love it when I've had them done...look like I've had a mini face lift!! My son's girl friend draws hers on...it's a bit hit and miss, some times they look great, other times she looks like Roger Moore...you know that one up one down asking a suggestive question thing he does....quiet amusing!! x
P.S I think you are being very generous, I was matron of honour at my best friends wedding and I chipped in for my frock, bought my shoes and accessories and me and the adult bridesmaids paid for the pampering session the day before the wedding (nails, pedicure, tan, eyebrows!!) and for the make up artist who was a good friend of mine...but I paid her!! I was chuffed to be asked and to be part of the celebration so was happy to pay, it was a brilliant experience.....your lot sound like a bunch of spoilt children (sorry!!).....if they wanted to be part of it so much they made a big deal of it, they should be supporting you not expecting you to dip your hand in your pocket at every opportunity. My friend got us each a necklace to wear on the day, just a bit of costume jewellry but lovely and I still have it as a memento of the day. x

Last edited:
Haha thanks but this is after I've drawn over them! I just want to not have to do that every day! Also the right one is a diff shape and grows funny haha x

So...can they tattoo them that colour? I've never seen them done any other colour but dark brown/black.

Yeahhh she can do them most colors, I've seen her do lighter brown before, she doesn't do black because it goes grey after a bit like a normal tattoo really! When I was there last year she had quite a few different shades of brown she gets them as close to your natural color as possible x

Oh that's ok then! as you lose density as you get older and it would look odd if they were permanant

Hmmm... my cousin has a semi-perm tattoo on her ankle. They last 5 years, she got hers 12 years ago and it's still perfect :eek:

haha that's strange isn't it! i know my mum's had hers done nearly 18 years but this will be the 3rd or 4th time she's had them topped up

Ive now given up.... Your diary moves along so fast Jez its impossible to catch up... Loving all the brow talk though
I'm of the two little dashes kinda variety since over plucking and they never recovered...
All I will say is Brow Implants really ? Wow

Hi Jez, just wanted to say thank you for the recommendation with the BareMinerals stuff! Been to Debenhams today and got the starter kit. The lady on the counter showed me how to do it and did half my face and I did the other half and it's brilliant. Can build it up to a good enough coverage for my skin and I feel like I'm not wearing any makeup! So thanks again :D

Felix said:
Hi Jez, just wanted to say thank you for the recommendation with the BareMinerals stuff! Been to Debenhams today and got the starter kit. The lady on the counter showed me how to do it and did half my face and I did the other half and it's brilliant. Can build it up to a good enough coverage for my skin and I feel like I'm not wearing any makeup! So thanks again :D

What's in the starter kit? How much is it? Is BareMinerals the brand with all the powder foundations and stuff? Sorry lots of questions!!

My birthday wish list is getting bigger thanks to this thread! :D

evilpenguin said:
What's in the starter kit? How much is it? Is BareMinerals the brand with all the powder foundations and stuff? Sorry lots of questions!!

My birthday wish list is getting bigger thanks to this thread! :D

In the starter kit you get two shades of foundation (the sets come in light, medium, tan or dark and you get the two shades so you can mix them to match your skin tone perfectly), a thing they call 'warmth' which is sort of like a bronzer/blusher which you use to contour your face, a mineral veil (basically a translucent powder), a foundation brush, powder brush, concealer brush and primer. It was £49 but so worth it! I also bought a separate concealer as I have bad acne. It's all powder stuff and the foundation only has 5 natural ingredients in it so it should be very kind to your skin. So far I would recommend it to anyone. You can build it up so you can have full coverage if you want, or a lighter coverage and it feels like I'm barely wearing any makeup! I keep checking in the mirror to see if I've actually got anything on my skin haha. Fingers crossed I'm not allergic to it like everything else I buy!!

Thanks for that Felix! When you consider I could easily spend £50 on my foundation and powder alone, that is a really good deal! Think I'll check it out if they have a counter near by. My BB cream is coming to an end and my chanel stuff is too dark on its own (it seems to go on fine but turn orange during the day) so I'm due some new make up!! :D I used to use a powder foundation from mac and loved it, sounds similar in that you can build up the coverage, but this stuff may work out cheaper :D

I can see the JJ comparison in your avatar so I have to say I agree! and I LOVE Get Cutie- I can never decide on a fabric though. i've just bought my 5 yr old niece one of their dresses in the Russian Doll dresses- her mother obviously hated it so i felt like taking it back and squeezing into it, lol. And yes I do get a lot of comments about weight- most people don't think I'm as big as I am, but I always take that as a compliment.

P.S I think you are being very generous, I was matron of honour at my best friends wedding and I chipped in for my frock, bought my shoes and accessories and me and the adult bridesmaids paid for the pampering session the day before the wedding (nails, pedicure, tan, eyebrows!!) and for the make up artist who was a good friend of mine...but I paid her!! I was chuffed to be asked and to be part of the celebration so was happy to pay, it was a brilliant experience.....your lot sound like a bunch of spoilt children (sorry!!).....if they wanted to be part of it so much they made a big deal of it, they should be supporting you not expecting you to dip your hand in your pocket at every opportunity. My friend got us each a necklace to wear on the day, just a bit of costume jewellry but lovely and I still have it as a memento of the day. x

They absolutely are a bunch of spoilt children, well all except my best friend who has been a star, but OH's sister is a brat and my Maid of Honour has done nothing. There is a lot of diy stuff going on for the wedding and I told them all from the start that i needed help, but my cries went unheard and I ended up staying up til 4am on some nights doing everything alone. When it came to dresses they were nothing but trouble- bickered about everything ( I had originally given them the opportunity to pick a style of dress and I'd have it made in a matching fabric so they could all look themselves, but that turned into chaos and I had to put my foot down). They all let me down on my hen do- what was supposed to be 10 people going to Majorca ended up being me and bf- i organised a meeting about it and the other 3 didn't even bother turning up. So yes, bit of a rant there, but I'm hesistant to do anything nice for them now! Don't get me started on their shoes!!

Hope you are well peacelove- i've been a rubbish forumer (and dieter of late) I shall catch up with you soon :D x

Ive now given up.... Your diary moves along so fast Jez its impossible to catch up... Loving all the brow talk though
I'm of the two little dashes kinda variety since over plucking and they never recovered...
All I will say is Brow Implants really ? Wow

Lol- sorry mumma!! yes, brow implants- I've seen some live action ones and they look OK, but really??? who can be bothered??

Glad you like!! I always like it when a suggestion turns out :D and I'm glad it gives you a decent coverage. You'll see an improvement in your skin soon too and I'm yet to come accross anyone with an allergy to it whereas the cheaper brands can be very hit and miss. let us know how it goes x

Thanks for that Felix! When you consider I could easily spend £50 on my foundation and powder alone, that is a really good deal! Think I'll check it out if they have a counter near by. My BB cream is coming to an end and my chanel stuff is too dark on its own (it seems to go on fine but turn orange during the day) so I'm due some new make up!! :D I used to use a powder foundation from mac and loved it, sounds similar in that you can build up the coverage, but this stuff may work out cheaper :D

Chanel foundations are all prone to oxidising and like all French brands seem to have a bizarre base colour that is either overly orange or overly pink. I don't know why they haven't learned- they've only been making cosmetics since 1921.

Mac attempted to copy Bare Minerals success by bringing out their mineral veil recently. It's good, but the ingredients list is longer and you don't hear people banging on about the MAC version like you do BM. There will be a counter in your local debenhams, if not try QVC :) DON'T buy from ebay- it's all counterfeit x

Back