New Years Resolutions???

I've asked for a page per day diary to write down exercise planned and completed and food.
I tend to forget what I plan in my head once I get to the gym!!

I want my sister and I to commit to seeing each other once a month. We wasted 19 YEARS not seeing each other!

I'm going to do the same with my friend Jo. If it's marked in the diary we won't make other plans!

Loving reading all these!!!

I'm battling Tesco's this morning and reminded me of a very important job I need to do so it can be a NY resolution too....

After becoming a mum this year i've decided to decrease my hours and therefor my pay so I have to tighten the belt and food shopping is my ultimate down fall.

I hate clothes shopping (hopefully will change when at target!) but I love food shopping - fiqures really - thats why i'm overweight!!!

I really need to implement a 2 week rotation food plan which when put like that sounds easy but when I start it I just get boged down in it.

So, I need to get one in place and my NY resolution will be to stick to it!!!

Prima once had a tip I loved, about having two posting dates a month the 1st and the 15th, any birthdays after the 16th but before the 3rd get posted on the 15th, and any that are after the 3rd but before the 16th post on the first of the month.

Write in the envelope 'open on...' whatever date!

Take it one stage further, buy all your regular cards in January and keep them in a folder.
I make my cards and try to do them in Jan!

Oh that sound sensible, I did get an app for my phone, but it tells me on the actual day, and thats too late. I really struggle with remembering in time to post a card, and as I don't celebrate Christmas feel its important I do birthdays

So, I have two resolutions this year! First, to get back into tidying/cleaning the house the Flylady way (this is a method of building up routines so that you get rid of all your clutter gradually, stop it building up again, and keep on top of your housework by doing a little each day.) I was following it well until I moved house at the end of last year, and it all fell by the wayside. My house isn't dirty, it's just untidy and cluttered, so I want to get back in control! :D

Thank you for this! I am going to start today! I really need to do something about the clutter and chaos of my home. It gets me so down sometimes and this seems like such an easy and simple routine! Thank you, thank you, thank you times infinity!

I want my sister and I to commit to seeing each other once a month. We wasted 19 YEARS not seeing each other!

I'm going to do the same with my friend Jo. If it's marked in the diary we won't make other plans!

I really like this idea, I am going to pinch it and include "phone dates" for my friends back home. I miss talking to them and maybe if I set up a DATE with them, we'll manage to keep in contact better! :)

Mine are:
  • To get to target (only 8.5lbs to go!)
  • Find a new job.
  • Move in with my boyfriend.

I'm working on all 3 of them as I type, especially as the last two are inter-related!

I love all of these!!

On new years day I write a lis of all the things I want to do/achieve during the year and tick them off as the year goes by...

In the past it has included silly little things like:
Buy an 'expensive' handbag
Try a new restaurant
Visit someone within a certain time
Cook a 'new/different' meal for hubby and I
Make time for cinema with certain ppl
Get some good fitting boots and jeans
Etc etc

Oh...and keep up with my work!! Lol - fail this one every year!

Hmmmm, I think I have two...

1. Pay off my credit which will be challenging, however I WILL do it!

2. Stay at target (2lbs left to get me there). I have never ever got to target before let alone maintained it. As part of this I vow to continue going to class which is something else I have never done

Thank you for this! I am going to start today! I really need to do something about the clutter and chaos of my home. It gets me so down sometimes and this seems like such an easy and simple routine! Thank you, thank you, thank you times infinity!

Ooooh, I hope it works for you! :) She can be a bit cheesy (and does send out a lot of emails - you'll soon work out which you can safely delete unread, lol) but I think her system is really straightforward and helpful. If the emails bog you down, she has a book that you can buy that basically contains the whole 'plan'.

I love all of these!!

In the past it has included silly little things like:
Buy an 'expensive' handbag

Hee! I am totally adding this to my list of resolutions :D

Ooooh, I hope it works for you! :) She can be a bit cheesy (and does send out a lot of emails - you'll soon work out which you can safely delete unread, lol) but I think her system is really straightforward and helpful. If the emails bog you down, she has a book that you can buy that basically contains the whole 'plan'.

I have started. My sink is shiny. :) I also did the dining room/table declutter! :)

I have a few.

Stick to plan
Get better (I suffer badly with depression and anxiety)
Try and look for the positives in everything
Get back into my crafting (my cards and scrapbooks have been so neglected this year

I started work on my resolution today!!

I'm off work due to little one too poorly for Nursery and so I've done a 4 week meal planner!

All i've gotta do now is work out the shopping list for each week and hopefully i'm done! Seriously hope it works and more so that I stick to it!

x-x

I don't see the point in New Year resolutions because no-one ever sticks to them, in an ideal world we would but we don't so no point making a fool out of myself by saying i'm going to do or not do something then do it :)

So, I have two resolutions this year! First, to get back into tidying/cleaning the house the Flylady way (this is a method of building up routines so that you get rid of all your clutter gradually, stop it building up again, and keep on top of your housework by doing a little each day.) I was following it well until I moved house at the end of last year, and it all fell by the wayside. My house isn't dirty, it's just untidy and cluttered, so I want to get back in control!

Thankyou so much for the link to the Flylady site - my kitchen sink is soaking in bleach even as I write! My flat is terminally untidy and cluttered so it's great to start exercising some control and get some much-needed help with that.

I have a few.

Stick to plan
Get better (I suffer badly with depression and anxiety)
Try and look for the positives in everything
Get back into my crafting (my cards and scrapbooks have been so neglected this year

My crafting has taken a back seat too! So I'm joining you on that!

Mine are to hit target, sort my finances out & be happy & thankful for the amazing people in my life everyday, I really don't appreciate them enough!!

Back