New :)

Mel2110

Hi
just started SS on Friday, I am 5ft 3 13st 6lbs with a target of 9st had a bad 1st day was easier by Saturday/Sunday I had couple of slices of cucumber on Sunday just because I was missing eating hope that's no too bad ... But stuck to it apart from that... Today I'm feeling a bit like crying don't know why I am hungry and I didn't think I would feel this on day 5! How to I know when ketosis has kicked in? And is there anything that I could nibble my CDC its ok to have a couple of days SS+ can I have an egg or would this ruin the ketosis stage?

Thanks
Hungry Mel ;)

If your going to eat why not do a day of ss+ or switch plans?!

The losses are about the same!

I did ss for the first week but couldn't go without eating anything so I switched to ss+.

I found day 4 hardest in my first week I think we're all different :) stay focused your first wi will give you a boost! Xx

You can combine SS and SS + losses are similar and ketosis is the same! I've done this from day one. Last week on holiday I did a combination of ss, SS+ and step 2 and still lost 5lb. I started at 13-12 I'm now 12-7. Lost 9lb then 3lb, 3lb and 3lb. So it still works mixing the plans when you need a little extra. Some days you can sail through SS then other days or occasions you need a little more. To move up a step or to SS+ is far better than giving up. Good luck ; )

Thanks for your replys, well done on both your weight losses! Gd to know you can do that and have similar loss !! After what day is it not a struggle or does it ever get easier :)

Hi, I started a week today. The first part of the week was horrendous and I also cried after mixing my porridge wrong! I felt slightly better on the 4th day and lots by the 5th. Now I am right as rain. I still feel hungry occasionally but not enough to make me want to cheat. I just keep telling myself how this is only for the short term and reminding myself how wonderful I will feel when I can go out without feeling frumpy and self conscious. No food is better than that!

It's good to know you are just infront of me and your feeling like :) are you doing SS how did you do on your first week if you don't mind me asking? Xxx

It's good to know you are just infront of me and your feeling like :) are you doing SS how did you do on your first week if you don't mind me asking? Xxx

Weighed in this morning and lost 13lb! Very pleased although my counsellor said it suggests I was a total carb addict (true, I could live on pasta and baguettes).

Yes I have been on SS and so proud that my mouth has not touched solid food in a week. I thought I wouldn't be able to cope as I love my food.

Wow !! Well done!!! Can't wait til weigh in dont think ill be as much as that but even half that would be amazing!! Are you staying on SS ?

Yes I'm staying on until I am about a stone from target which will hopefully be in about 4 weeks. I don't mind it really as the longer I am on it the more I realise why i eat and the fact that life doesn't revolve around eating and cooking nice food!

Sorry I've just noticed this, I'm doing ok now thanks weekends are a bit trickier but I'm ten times better I think seeing my first WI (8lbs) has urged me on a bit :) how r u doing ?

Back