Newbe

Sammiipop

Hi everyone!!

I joined slimming world 5 weeks ago.

I am finding it hard to stay on track and keep myself from saying no to all the treats!

I just want to know how everybody stays motivated and can do it.

So far for the 5 weeks I have only lost 5.5lb

Please help me, I have a target to loose 2 stone to be 12 stone 7 by February and now it is the hardest time of the year all I want to do is comfort eat!!

Love Sam x

My temptation is alcohol, everything else I can resist but I bought measuring spoons so I can accurately pour out 25ml of rum and I syn it, if I go over I just cut back on syns for the next few days to make it up. One of my big food saves I make loads of Slimming world chips. I par boil them
For 10 minutes, oven cook them for 35 mins with frylite and then I put them in the frying pan with frylight and light soy sauce. They taste just like chippy chips and they are syn free. I sometimes get the SW curry sauce from Iceland and that is just like chippy curry.
If you can't be bothered peeling loads of potatoes the supermarkets do bags of ready peeled spuds in the chiller with the veg. All you do then is cut them into chips

That's a great help! Especially with the alcohol tip! At the class the other day there was a discussion saying that extra dry martini was the best alcohol which I think was 2syns so that will be my go to drink!
My hardest part throughtout the day is resisting the biscuits and cakes in the office I have no self control to stop myself and I get so annoyed!
I think the thing I need to do is find a hobby to distract myself from eating when I'm bored I just go straight to the syns and regret it as soon as I've done it!!

Tried martini and it was Yak. I switched to Bacardi Oakheart rum. It's gorgeous with diet or diet cherry coke and is £15 for a litre in Tesco right now. It's 2.5 syns for 25ml but it's stronger than martini so you need less to get that merry feeling. Most rums are 2.5 syns for 25ml including Malibu.

Swap biscuits for alpen light bars or hi fi bars you get at group meetings. You can have 2 bars as a healthy extra and then they are 3 syns each for every extra bar The hi fi bars are gorgeous and better than any old crappy biscuits.

Last edited:
I find the only way I can motivate is by planning for certain events. Lose as much as possible for X day out/party, then focus on losing for X weekend away and then for X holiday and so on. Doing it like that goes a long way to keeping me on track.

Back