newbee here,all advise greately recieved

Hi all newbee here,just started my xenical today may need a few peoples help if possible.Anyway after a rather frightening bad asthma attack while i was under anasetic for a shoulder replacement 7 weeks ago i was seriously told off by the anethatist & told to stop smoking (which i have done & very proud of),ive now been told i need to loose minimum of 3 stone but preferably 5 stone before they can do my operation,im in total agony & need all the help i can get,i would be very gratefull for any info,many thanks steve

Well done on stopping smoking - I did that myself 5 years ago so understand how hard it is.

I hope you find the Xenical good, did the doctor give you lots of information? I've only been on it a couple of weeks but there are others on here who have lost so much weight.

Keep posting on the site, I'm sure you'll get lots of help and support.

hi becca,my doc didnt give me much info only on dont eat anything fatty as i will soon find out about it,so totally dont really know where to start.i started a diary today with what ive eaten if this is any good can you please let me know...reguarding the smoking i supprised myself from 40 a day to none for 8 weeks now,hope the weight might come off aswell.its abit hard with my job working in a pub so will i have to totally stop drinking or do you suggest anything to help me ?
Day 1
Breakfast - 1 weetbix with semi skimmed milk
Dinner - 1 piece dry white bread toast with ww beans,ww no fat yoghurt,
Tea - ww beef curry with a few mini roasties,ww no fat yoghurt,
Snack's ? - 6 cup's t with milk throughout the day

thank you.

thanks for your reply.my doc aint said what to eat or anything so im just taking it easy & not passing mcdonald's !haha,i thought weight watchers meal would be ok ? i dont feel hungry.

It all depends on the person really, i mean if you're getting full from what you're eating then its fine. If you're still feeling hugary i would suggest this. Don't be scared to eat! You need to get the right amount of vitimins and nutrients to loose weight, not eating anything never helps. And well done on the stopping smoking aswell!

Day 1
Breakfast - 1or2 weetbix with fruit topping with semi skimmed milk
Dinner - 1or2 pieces of lightly buttered white bread toast with ww beans,ww no fat yoghurt, banana or apple
Tea - ww beef curry with a few mini roasties,ww no fat yoghurt,
Snack's ? - 6 cup's t with milk and 2 pieces of fruit throughout the day

Any info on what to buy food wise would be great if you wouldnt mind,also i work three night a week doing karaoke/dj,what would u suggest to drink as i love a few lagers which i think has been my downfall.thanks

For food i usally buy the weightwatchers stuff, along with sainsburys be good to yourself range. Thing is with lagers they contain a high amount of sugar in them. You're best bet would be pints of water but i know we all like a drink. Without sounding to girly lol vodka and diet coke it by far the best alcholoic drink you can have. Along with other spirits like JD ect. And by all means stay away from alchopops like WKD.

thanks very much,ill keep you informed how i get on,three nights of squealing karaoke singers with water !(ill try).im going to put my food diary on here daily so i know what ive had.

how i get on,three nights of squealing karaoke singers with water !(ill try)

Hey if it gets to much you could always throw it on them lol. Good idea on the food diary =]

hi all,just updating my food diary,to c what i might be doing right or wrong if anyoe can tell me,had an oooops day on day 3 !.

food diary
Day - 1
Dinner - 1 piece dry toast with ww beans,ww no fat yoghurt,
Tea - ww beef curry with small potatoes,ww no fat yoghurt,
Snack's - 5 cup's t with milk throughout the day
Day - 2
breakfast - 1 weetabix with semi skimmed milk
dinner - chicken salad butty & apple
tea - ww beef strog with small potatoes & salad,ww cherry youghurt,
snacks - pkt rivita 3% snacks,6 cups t,ww yoghurt
Day - 3
dinner - chicken & veg cup soup,2 pieces dry toast,pkt ryvita limbos
tea - ww beef curry/rice with salad,ww yoghurt
then oooops....2 double vodka&diet coke & 4 pints lager !
Day - 4
dinner - chicken salad butty,pkt special k minibreaks,orange juice
tea - ww beef curry/rice with salas,ww yoghurt
3 cups t throughout the day.

Is all you can eat on a morning or are you full on one weetbix?

hi all,jst updating my diary for last few days,i went off track on day 3 & 4 with "dreaded work & LAGER !",im only having one weetabix on a morning due to just trying to cut down.it's not that easy working in a pub & not being able to have a drink.i tried vodka & diet coke had two of them & was neally sick as have never drunk shorts.any advice ?,
anyway heres my diary update.thanks for now

Day - 3
then oooops....2 double vodka&diet coke (made me ill !)& 4 pints lager !

Day - 4
tea - ww beef curry/rice with salas,ww yoghurt,ww lemon merangue
then oooops....6 pints lager !

Day - 5
breakfast - 1 weetabix with semi skimmed milk,cup t
snack,ww lemon merangue
dinner - 2 sausages on white batch,pkt ryvita limbos.cup t,ww lemon merangue
tea - ww hotpot & salad,ww lemon merangue,cup t,
snacks - 2 piece dry toast with beans ( felt hungry ),90 calorie carrot cake bar,
(im having no luck today....)

Last edited:
Looks like you're doing so well apart from the Lager! Although I have no idea how bad that actually is, the only think I would suggest is doing some more exercise to combat the effects for the lager? It does make a difference the more you do.

i only drank as with working in the pub it's hard,but i will have another go this week & just stick to water.i never drink throughout the week at home only while im working on a weekend.ill take the dog for a few walks to get myself moving.

I struggle with this sometimes as I really like a drink. I tend to steer clear of lager altogether because if I have one, I get the taste for it and don't just stop at one!
Have you tried 'Resolution' (used to be 'Low C') the low calorie lager that comes in the bottle? I don't know if they do it in your pub, and it's perhaps not very macho (I'm female so that doesn't worry me!).
Magners also do a reduced calorie cider (about 90-100) calories per bottle, but that depends if you're a cider fan.
Other than that, spirits are the best thing to have. Vodka, Bacardi and Gin are all the same calories so you could experiment with those - maybe try other mixers like lime and soda, but maybe I'm getting too girly again!
As far as food is concerned, it looks like you're doing really well. I rely a lot on Weight-Watchers foods too, but I try to bulk up with extra veg and/or salad, because they don't fill me up enough on their own!
Fruit is great for snacking on, as are low fat yoghurts/cereal bars and that kind of thing.
You could definitely have more than one Weetabix for breakfast if you find you're getting hungry in the mornings. Or maybe have a piece of fruit with it to fill you up.
Jacket potatoes are also an idea, you could have one for lunch with a small tin of beans or tuna with a little bit of light mayo.
What about stir frys? Is that your kind of thing? They're easy to cook using lots of veggies, spray oil, soy sauce and some noodles.
I'll have a think and see if I can come up with any other ideas!

Thanks alex for your help,i will see if the pub sells them if not i'll just have to manage on water as dont really like cider (loopy juice) or shorts,im enjoying the weight watchers meals with a load of salad fills me up,im not really a cooking maestro so microwave meals are brillaint.ive just been the doctors & even though i had aload of lager at the weekend i have lost the whole of 2lb:confused: in 6 day's,i know its not brilliant my own fault but at least its a tiny bit off.anyway any more suggestions i would be interested in please let me know,thanks for now.steve

Last edited:
hi all,just updating my food diary for last few days,been to see nurse today for gym pass so hope to get there next few days when i get my induction interview.i was totally miffed with myself that i had only lost 2lb in 6 days but my own fault due to drinking 10 pints over the weekend,if anyone can let me know where i might be going right or wrong with my food can you please let me know as what i am having is fine for me (apart from lager)as i dont feel hungry,im really determined now to loose more weight if i can as im having to get two total shoulder replacement's (one at a time) as soon as i loose 3 stone,i am in agony with them but my surgeon & anethatist wont touch me untill ive lost the weight due to whathappenend to me last time,also i want to be able to do lots of things that i have been unable to do for ages like fit into clothes from "normal" shops & have more energy,thanks for now,steve

Day - 1
Dinner - 1 piece dry toast with ww beans,ww no fat yoghurt,
Tea - ww beef curry with small potatoes,ww no fat yoghurt,
Snack's - 5 cup's t with milk throughout the day
Day - 2
dinner - chicken salad butty & apple
tea - ww beef strog with small potatoes & salad,ww cherry youghurt,
snacks - pkt rivita 3% snacks,6 cups t,ww yoghurt
Day - 3
then oooops....2 double vodka&diet coke & 4 pints lager !
Day - 4
tea - ww beef curry/rice with salad,ww yoghurt,ww lemon merangue
then oooops....6 pints lager !
Day - 5
breakfast - 1 weetabix with semi skimmed milk,cup t
snack,ww lemon merangue
dinner - 2 "normal" sausages on white batch,pkt ryvita limbos.cup t,ww lemon merangue
tea - ww hotpot & salad,ww lemon merangue,cup t
snack - 2 pieces dry toast with beans,small carrot cake
Day 6 -
breakfast - 1 weetabix with semi milk,cup t
dinner - 2 piece toast,pkt ryvita limbos,2 cup t
tea - ww beef curry/rice,salad,ww lemon merangue
snack - cup t,half banana
day 7 -
breakfast - 2 crumpets dry,2 quorn sausages,cup t
dinner - ww hot pot,2 quorn sausages,2 piece white bread,ww yoghurt,bottle water
tea - 2 piece white toast ,beans
snacks - 2 cups t

Last edited:
Back