NEWBIE - 2 1/2 STONE TO LOSE

Gilz

Hi! I started the diet on Monday and i'm doing ok so far, very hungry at night but hopefully that will pass!

I wonder if anyone has around 2 1/2 stone to lose or has already lost that amount and has an idea of the rough loss per week? I know obviously the more that you have to lose then the bigger the loss each week but it would be good to have an idea to work towards so that i am not starting off with unrealistic hopes!

Thanks xxx

Good luck - I literally felt fine after about day 3 :) I am not hungry at all - in fact drinking the shakes is a bit of a struggle and I don't think about food at all! lol.

Anyway, I have a lot more than 2 stone to lose but I am sure someone on here will match your goal loss.

Good luck and if you need any advice these boards are V.Helpful :)

I've got 2.5 - 3.5 stone to loose! I'm taking it a stone at a time. A friend of mine went on this and almost lost too much weight it didn't suit her, so I've promised to take it a stone at s time. I had my first weigh in on Saturday with a loss of 8lbs. I'm half way through week 2 and not feeling hungry at all. I'm bored of soups so only sticking to porridge and shakes. But each to their own. I'm on SS + what step are you doing? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi,

I'm doing SS 3 shakes. I'm a really fussy eater at the best of times and don't like normal soup or porridge so i have stuck to chocolate mint, chocolate and banana shakes so far. Cant wait until i can have the bars and i think i'll have one of them a day.

The worst part of it so far is the constant trips to the toilet!!! I've been drinking just over 2 litres per day but as soon as i sit back down i need again! Hope my bladder learns to hold the water a bit better! xxx

Your body will get used to the 'just over 2ltrs' a day but in order for you to keep ketosis happy and the weight coming off you need to drink a little bit more each time as the 'going to the toilet' is where the 'fat' goes!

Ketosis notoriously can make you dehydrated so if you find you are not going to the loo so much add half a litre more.

I probably wouldn't drink more than 4ltrs though..(I bet you think I mental for saying 4 but it suddenly seems very doable)

I am drinking 3 a day.

My friend did lighter life and they were recommended they did 4.

I had read on here to drink around 4 litres and questioned my CDC when she told me to drink 2 1/2 but she said that I shouldn't drink that much as all you are doing is flushing out all of the nutrients in the pack before they had time to be absorbed and also that i would be diluting the nutrients too much? I did see that people on here were advising more but I wondered why my CDC would say that.

Hopefully my bladder starts to behave its self and also once i can use the flavourings it may be a bit easier to up my intake xxx

I had read on here to drink around 4 litres and questioned my CDC when she told me to drink 2 1/2 but she said that I shouldn't drink that much as all you are doing is flushing out all of the nutrients in the pack before they had time to be absorbed and also that i would be diluting the nutrients too much? I did see that people on here were advising more but I wondered why my CDC would say that.

Hopefully my bladder starts to behave its self and also once i can use the flavourings it may be a bit easier to up my intake xxx

Hmm, I don't know about that. Since the packs are 'food' I wouldn't think they'd come out of your body 'that' way. If you get my drift. Plus I never heard of flushing out vitamins from fruit & veg by drinking too much.

Maybe she's right but it doesn't sound like it to me. In the Cambridge book they recommend 2.25l per day & they say 'There isn't much benefit drinking more than double this amount' so it doesn't say either way.

I drink between 3 and 4 litres, maybe a bit more, and I still get dehydrated in the night, when I woke up this morning my tongue was all dried out!! I don't find it a struggle to drink so much, my body seems to need it. lshafik is right, you flush out the ketones (by product of the fat burning off your body) in your wee, the only other way they come out is your breath so the more you drink, the more will come out!

The first week I was drinking 4.5-5 just to get rid of the hunger, it didn't do me any harm! ;)

Ack, the toilet situation is a nightmare! I carried a 9lb 12oz baby too, so my bladder is buggered, lol!

I started with 2 stones 2.5lbs to lose, I lost 6.5 in my first week doing SS 100%, I get weighed tonight for my 2nd week, have done SS+ 100%. Hope this helps, good luck!

Thanks so much for your post, i have actually drank a litre so far and i am only now needing the toilet which is a vast improvement from every 10 mins over the last 3 days. Hopefully thats my bladder getting used to it! I drank 3 litres yesterday and i am going to try and start working my way up to 4.

Well done on your weight loss, thats fab! Good luck for tonight! xxx

Thanks Gilz :D

Sounds like you're getting used to it now, wish my bladder would submit to the onslaught! ;)

Just drink as much as you need, don't force it too much or you'll be sloshing, lol!

You've done great so far, good luck for your first weigh in! xx

Good luck with your weigh in ladies! Let me know how you get on! In a Saturday girl so I hope that miracles happen in the next 2 days!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

good luck

Back