Newbie, a few questions, pls?

Gemini76

Hi everyone, I've just started SW last Thursday and am on day 5 today, going good so far.

I use 120mls of semi skimmed milk as my HE but I should be having 250mls, I don't drink tea or coffee so don't use anymore during the day. Will it stop me losing weight if I don't use it all? Should I change to full fat as then I am taking closer to the whole allowance?

I love chocolate and crisps but tbh am afraid to be eating them as sometimes can't stop!! But haven't been using more than a few syns per day so last night and tonight I had a wispa which is 11 syns so I am also afraid if I have 15 syns per day this will stop me losing weight, is it better to stick to less?

I am 3 stone overweight, what can I expect to realistically loose every week, obviously I know no-one can tell but just in your experience?

Last question... Sorry! I have been making up a bowl of fruit salad which lasts two days as this is handy to snack on, please tell me this allowed? At lunch n snack I have it but not at dinner, I have made SW receipes but have not had a salad with it but over the whole day defo ate 1/3 but not necessarily at each meal, is this bad?

You need to have all of your healthy extras everyday, and aslong as u stick to ur plan urlll be fine
Syn wise it depends some days I use 15 some
I use 5 depends just dont go over, and weight loss all depends on ur body I lost 6 first week 1.5 2nd n third week just depends on ur body but at the end a loss is a loss so always smile and look
At it as getting closer to your goal :) xx

<3... Victoria-Louise...<3.

Gemini76 said:
Hi everyone, I've just started SW last Thursday and am on day 5 today, going good so far.

I use 120mls of semi skimmed milk as my HE but I should be having 250mls, I don't drink tea or coffee so don't use anymore during the day. Will it stop me losing weight if I don't use it all? Should I change to full fat as then I am taking closer to the whole allowance?

I love chocolate and crisps but tbh am afraid to be eating them as sometimes can't stop!! But haven't been using more than a few syns per day so last night and tonight I had a wispa which is 11 syns so I am also afraid if I have 15 syns per day this will stop me losing weight, is it better to stick to less?

I am 3 stone overweight, what can I expect to realistically loose every week, obviously I know no-one can tell but just in your experience?

Last question... Sorry! I have been making up a bowl of fruit salad which lasts two days as this is handy to snack on, please tell me this allowed? At lunch n snack I have it but not at dinner, I have made SW receipes but have not had a salad with it but over the whole day defo ate 1/3 but not necessarily at each meal, is this bad?

You should stick to the daily milk allowance as calcium is very important to the body. I'm not sure how many ml you can have of full fat milk but yes, switch tipo full fat if necessary- that's the beauty of sw.. You can adapt it to your liking :)

You have a daily allowance of 15 syns. There are a lot of ppl on here that count their sns as a weekly amount rather than a dialyse they can have some days whe they go over the 15. Dont feel guilty for having a wispa. Is it only 11 syns? I might save some sins this week and have one in that case!

I have lost 8, 2 and now 4 lbs in the 3 weeks I've been on sw. You will most likely lose alot for the first few weeks and then average out lower after wards.. As long as you're losing weight, be happy :) x

Healthy extras are not there primarily for weight loss, they are there to ensure you get a balanced diet. A is for calcium which is very important for ur girlies especially. It wont necessarily harm your weight loss if you only have half the allowance but do make sure you are getting more calcium from other sources eg yogurts.

Your syns are there for you to use on what you want! If you dont want to use them on chocolate they can be included in your meals eg gravy, mayo, sauces. Dried fruit is also synned or if you want to use oil insetad of frylight when cooking 1tbsp=6syns. Dont be afraid to use your syns though. They are there to stop you feeling restricted.

Average weight loss is 1-2lbs per week but obviously some people loss faster and some slower. At the end of the day its not a race and the longer it takes there is more chance that you have changed your lifestyle rather than seeing it as a quick fix.

Superfree doesnt just have to salad beside your meal. Incorporate veggies into your meals eg grated carrot, mushrooms, onions, peppers in with spag bol. Opinion seems to be that if you dont have the third superfree on your plate you should leave a space on your plate so that you are limiting your portion sizes. Or you could make a superfree soup and have this as a starter.

Hope that helps and good luck

Thanks girls!

Back