Newbie about to start a long journey!!!

nickyt75

Hi all, Ive joined this forum just yesterday and am planning to start Exante next monday......I am terrified of the VLCD in that I love my food too much!! but I think this approach could well help me shift some weight fast and get me back on track. My son is 5 tomorrow and I still weigh the same as the day he was born:( I have tried and failed so many times and so many diets in the past few years that I really need a kickstart on something a little harsher and Im hoping that this will help my bingeing too, I moved out from my ex partners in February and now live alone with my two children, I struggle when Im sat in on my own and thats when I quite literally clear the cupboards of any food available as I get so bored!

Im around 18 and half stone, Im hoping to lose two and a half by christmas and.......around seven and a half in total however I dont like to think of the overall amount as it seems impossible, by sticking to smaller amounts Im hoping it will feel more acheivable. I welcome comments/advice/questions/general chat from anyone who would like to help me through this journey :p nicky

nickyt75 said:
Hi all, Ive joined this forum just yesterday and am planning to start Exante next monday......I am terrified of the VLCD in that I love my food too much!! but I think this approach could well help me shift some weight fast and get me back on track. My son is 5 tomorrow and I still weigh the same as the day he was born:( I have tried and failed so many times and so many diets in the past few years that I really need a kickstart on something a little harsher and Im hoping that this will help my bingeing too, I moved out from my ex partners in February and now live alone with my two children, I struggle when Im sat in on my own and thats when I quite literally clear the cupboards of any food available as I get so bored!

Im around 18 and half stone, Im hoping to lose two and a half by christmas and.......around seven and a half in total however I dont like to think of the overall amount as it seems impossible, by sticking to smaller amounts Im hoping it will feel more acheivable. I welcome comments/advice/questions/general chat from anyone who would like to help me through this journey :p nicky

You need to forget about any previous attempts. Just start Monday as a new way of living, just your three packs and plenty of water everyday. Easy. Food is not going Anywhere, anything you wanna have you can still have when you finish exante.

A positive mental attitude is an amazing tool. You can, and will do it! X

Thanks! youre the first to add a comment, Im new to this and was starting to wonder if perhaps no one could see my comments!!! am all ready for the off still on monday and feeling very positive, i like your comment food is not going anywhere, so true and all the more enjoyable it will be when eaten sensibly with a smaller tummy eh!! :) xx

When I first started someone told me that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels lol it is doable and the results are great :) I tend to brush my teeth or paint my nails when hunger strikes xxx

Good luck on your weight loss journey, I am on day 2 of a vlcd and am feeling focused and positive so can be here to cheer you along for support.

Hi i started on friday on the total solution, yes it is a bit quiet around here lol!!

Hi Nicky, I started last week on Exante. I've done loads of diets in the past but Exante seems different. I think Timetogo is spot on in their advice (thanku) . I'm a week in and I even resisted 6 hrs sat next to a coworkers birthday cake and I didn't slip. That would never have happened before. I think the secret is definately to look at it as a new lease of life, stick to packs, to drink plenty and to know we will get there. I'm really glad I found minimins, there's some great advice on here.
Good luck all!

Hello good luck, it worked for me. Its hard for about a week, then it gets easier. I lost seven and half stone in eight months now maintained for 11 months.

When in doubt or feeling wobbly - drink lots and lots of water. It almost invariably helps. Good luck.

GSQ

Thanks everyone!! id not been on here for a few days so to come on here part way through day one and read all your lovely messages of support is fantastic, you are all doing incredibly well and will spur me on!! day one nearly over, i just want to get into ketosis now as i have a horrid headache! will be updating soon hopefully or definately with some positive weightloss news ;) x

Drink lots and lots to get through the headache. Paracetamol and sleep worked for me because it really was a cracker. We are the same height with the same goal weight., I'm glad there are others with similar distance to go. Took me 5 days to hit ketosis. Furry tongue gave it away and I suddenly wasn't hungry anymore. Hang in there. Week 2 feels much better.

Take a paracetamol, no harm, those headaches are not nice. Also really cold fizzy water can make you feel full and refreshed for a while.

Thanks ladies! Im almost willing this week away so that 1. I can be in ketosis and 2. I can see a difference on my scales which will then motivate me for week 2!!!Only problem i have is i really dont like some of the soups and i have tons of the stuff!!!!! not sure how to get past this!!!!!

Back