Newbie Advice...

Tia4908

I am hoping this is in the right section as this is my first thread question.

I joined my first ever slimming world group last night. I walked away wanting to cry knowing my current weight but I am doing something about it so I guess that is a positive.

How does everyone's group format go? Last night we literally went through everyone's weight loss/gain for the week and their target for next week and their overall loss congratulating them. Which there was some excellent losses and lots of target members which was encouraging - so my questions: do we do any 'image therapy and what does that actually entail' and also when you give your target for the next week - what happens if you do not reach it?

Also could anyone tell me if todays menu sounds ok and not too much I am trying EE?

Breakfast -
2 x 400g wholemeal slices (HeB)
30g Philli Light (HeA)
fruit salad with muller light

Lunch -
Pasta and chicken with home made sauce with veg

Dinner -
Dried egg noodles
Chicken
Sweet chilli Sauce - 7.5 syns
Stir fry veg (all in frylight)

Snacks if required -
Orange
Banana
Hifi bar - 3syns

Thank you! - Please ignore my ticker, I need to change it as unfortunately I have gained alot of it back :(

The group format you describe is Image Therapy :) its each persons chance to give or receive a bit of advice and support.

Food looks great, just make sure that veg is a third of your meal.

Oh and if you don't reach your weekly mini target, it doesn't matter. Some people don't set them. You don't have to.

Lovely thank you. I have been to different groups and they have slightly different so I wasn't sure. No chance of slipping up with everyone knowing the ups and downs! Plate is a third if not half of veg so no worries there.

One more question... Do all three meals need to be 1/3 - like for breakfast can you just have the toast and philli with no fruit/veg?

Thanks again!

Hi hun! SW recommend you should have your third at every meal but it is not compulsory.

Image Therapy is the time you get to discuss how your week has gone with the consultant as she goes through people's losses/gains. You can ask any questions or ask the group for advice on anything you are struggling with eg how to handle a night out, something different to have for breakfast. it's as much about getting support, ideas and inspiration from the other people in your group as the consultant, so you get out what you are willing to put in.

Looking at your diary, I see you are only having 30g of philly light as your HEA. If you check the online healthy extra lists you will see you can have 75g of plain philly light as an A option :)

Thank you for your reply!

There was lots of talking and ideas buzzing around so I will take ideas away. I was just mainly trying to get my head around it all last night and take in the information!

Yeah I noticed, I did ask about splitting i.e 1/2 philli 1/2 milk but that's not allowed - 75g is alot on toast haha! Although it will be good when it comes around to making sauces with it etc and it won't be every day. It wouldn't taste right to have it with my lunch or dinner!

Just want to get it right now, I have yo'yo'd since my first attempt at losing weight (we aren't talking ibs but many stones) and need some balance, I am hoping to learn so much and be successful this time. Wish me luck!

Thank you both for your help :)

On the SW website it says you can split healthy extras. Might be better off synning the 30g and choosing another A choice.

Your consultant is actually wrong as SW say you can split your healthy extras if you want to. Don't take my word for it but it is in the FAQs on the SW website if you want to check. So if you want to have half milk, half cheese that would be fine just as make sure you are measuring them properly :)

Oh wow that's good, I'll speak to her next week and let her know! I didn't measure this morning so I won't have any more but I know that I was of course under. I've used the mini pots before and I saw how much that was for 35g let alone 75g. I just wasn't organised enough this morning to weigh, should have done it last night when I checked the weights of the bread! Thank you for letting me know :)

Good idea, although she does seem very open, the group help out with syns and what's super speed opposed to speed etc and are more than happy to help her out! She's very nice though but maybe I should just keep it to myself :)

Back