Newbie Alert!

Hi all, I am new to the forum, started slimming world this Monday just gone, but not going to clubs due to expenses etc, luckily one of my friends had the book so has let me take a copy, but looking to keep on something to keep me motivated and somewhere to look for syn values etc :)

still figuring out how to use everything on here so bear with me! :eek::D

Welcome to the family beccababes..... ( lol iPad tried to autocorrect your name to be cabbages..)

There's oodles of peeps doing this from home, anything you need, just shout! Xx

Welcome to the forum, you'll find loads of useful info, you bet if you've got a question its been asked before & you'll find the answer on here somewhere.

Will you be starting a diary on here?

Hi there! I am new too, as of about a half hour ago. There is a lot to see on this forum! A lot of tools to use.

Hi all,

thanks for the welcomes and the support messages.

I would like to keep a diary on here but not sure how I go about doing this?

Anyone help me out?

:)

Hi beccababes, wildflowergirl, :welcome2:

This is a great forum for support and encouragement and for getting you back on track when you've had a bad day, we've all been there!

if you're going it alone there's a 'Doing SW from home' thread you can join too :)

Good luck!

Thank you very much Michelle and Clair :)
I will have to have a look...feeling under the weather at the mo and being on week 1 am really struggling. I am doing my best not to cave....

stick with it hun, stay strong! you will feel so great if you do :)

Thanks Clair. I will do it, its just hard really. I struggle because I can't do running due to a hip problem, and don't have a bike and money is tight at the moment due to a recent change of jobs and having moved out of my parents in November, and trying to start saving for a wedding...so can't really afford a bike or a gym membership, hence why I'm doing this solo and not going to group.
Me and my fiance are planning to get an exercise bike though so we can sit and cycle whilst watching TV etc as this will be cheaper than us both going out and buying a bike (plus we have nowhere to keep bikes as we live in a 1st floor flat).

:)

Sorry to hear about your hip. There are a load of facebook 'for sale or free' pages now, there's bound to be one for your area, you might be able to pick up a cheap bike from there? Also rebounding (workout on a mini trampoline) is great exercise if you have any joint issues (knee for me) and burns off as many calories as running :)

Thanks for the advice! Will defo look into that!

Rebounders don't take up a lot of room either, most of them have unscrewable or folding legs so they're easy to store when you're not using them. There are loads of youtube videos for workout ideas :)

Welcome beccababes and Wildflower Girl. This is a brilliant thread, with lots of support, ideas, recipes, Syn values, anything you want really. Even a good old moan, when things aren't going too well! Because it reaches so many different people, there'll always be someone around to help or to tell you how to find the help you need. Good luck to you both and hopefully, we'll be hearing lots from you in the future. :welcome:

Kathy x

Back