Newbie Alert!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by MistyTwix, 5 September 2008 Social URL.

1. MistyTwix

MistyTwix New Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    My name is Elaine and I'm a slimming worlder :wave_cry:. It's not an illness I know but some days it really does get me down! I've been on my new eating plan for about 7 weeks. I've lost 11lbs so far but have only lost 1/2lb for the last two weeks. I'm now getting to that horrible point where I want to jack it all in and go back to eating all the lovely things I did before (chocolate but the big bars, curry, ice cream etc). I know this is just a little blip but it's hard getting over it. I've found you lot so hopefully this will encourage me to grit my teeth and carry on.

About me: I'm 43, married with 2 boys and Brodie the dog. They are all slim..... I live in Edinburgh but originally come from Glasgow.

Looking forward ot getting to know you all. Any advice on getting the best out of the forum please let me know:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PinkToaster

PinkToaster Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - Everyday is a green day!
    Hey! Welcome to the forum. This is only my 4th day, but I've found this forum so helpful and supportive. I'm sure that if I went it alone I'd have given up by now. So you're in the right place!

4. flipflop

flipflop Just follow the plan

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm new here too, so welcome. Keep at it mistytwix, you know you can do it. x

5. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome to the forum. This months mag came with a free curry booklet. I have made a couple and they are lovely. Take a look at the recipe sticky at the top of the page, they always give me great ideas of what to cook.

6. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    Welcome!!! First of all, fab weight loss, well done!

Second, are you exercising much? When I first started SW, just dieting was enough for good losses every week but then I got to the point where that wasn't enough and I had to step up the exercise to get it started again. I also started eating more SS foods as well

xx

7. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    6Hello and welcome!

You will be fine when ya get ya head back into it - you Weight Loss is fab so far :)

We all here if you need us?!
    xx

Last edited: 5 September 2008
  8. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Welcome to our little corner, just shout if you want us, but well done so far xxx

9. MistyTwix

MistyTwix New Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the messages. I've been out of the office this week and no chance of accessing internet at home - teenagers!

I've been very good this week and got weighted last night. Delighted to have lost 4lbs and achieved my first stone! I'm so chuffed with myself.

10. flipflop

flipflop Just follow the plan

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done on the loss Elaine!

11. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That's brilliant. Well done you.

Sometimes the loses do slow down for a while and there is no reason why. But good on you for sticking to it and losing 4lbs this week you could so easily have given up but you didn't. So knowing that you have the determination to stick it out over a rough day and losing 4lbs should make you one very happy lady!!

Keep it up this week. x

12. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    fantastic - well done huni
    xx

13. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Elaine, well done so far hun. You asked for any tips on getting the most out of the forum, well I find it helps me to write a food diary on here, that way I can't hide anything and if I am going wrong then there's usually someone to pick up on it. Best of luck xx

14. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :clap: Well done! I got my first 1/2 stone award this week too so I know it's a great feeling!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.