Newbie Alert!

MistyTwix

My name is Elaine and I'm a slimming worlder :wave_cry:. It's not an illness I know but some days it really does get me down! I've been on my new eating plan for about 7 weeks. I've lost 11lbs so far but have only lost 1/2lb for the last two weeks. I'm now getting to that horrible point where I want to jack it all in and go back to eating all the lovely things I did before (chocolate but the big bars, curry, ice cream etc). I know this is just a little blip but it's hard getting over it. I've found you lot so hopefully this will encourage me to grit my teeth and carry on.

About me: I'm 43, married with 2 boys and Brodie the dog. They are all slim..... I live in Edinburgh but originally come from Glasgow.

Looking forward ot getting to know you all. Any advice on getting the best out of the forum please let me know:)

Hey! Welcome to the forum. This is only my 4th day, but I've found this forum so helpful and supportive. I'm sure that if I went it alone I'd have given up by now. So you're in the right place!

Welcome to the forum. This months mag came with a free curry booklet. I have made a couple and they are lovely. Take a look at the recipe sticky at the top of the page, they always give me great ideas of what to cook.

Welcome!!! First of all, fab weight loss, well done!

Second, are you exercising much? When I first started SW, just dieting was enough for good losses every week but then I got to the point where that wasn't enough and I had to step up the exercise to get it started again. I also started eating more SS foods as well

xx

6Hello and welcome!

You will be fine when ya get ya head back into it - you Weight Loss is fab so far :)

We all here if you need us?!
xx

Last edited:
Welcome to our little corner, just shout if you want us, but well done so far xxx

Thanks for the messages. I've been out of the office this week and no chance of accessing internet at home - teenagers!

I've been very good this week and got weighted last night. Delighted to have lost 4lbs and achieved my first stone! I'm so chuffed with myself.

That's brilliant. Well done you.

Sometimes the loses do slow down for a while and there is no reason why. But good on you for sticking to it and losing 4lbs this week you could so easily have given up but you didn't. So knowing that you have the determination to stick it out over a rough day and losing 4lbs should make you one very happy lady!!

Keep it up this week. x

fantastic - well done huni
xx

Hi Elaine, well done so far hun. You asked for any tips on getting the most out of the forum, well I find it helps me to write a food diary on here, that way I can't hide anything and if I am going wrong then there's usually someone to pick up on it. Best of luck xx

:clap: Well done! I got my first 1/2 stone award this week too so I know it's a great feeling!

Back