Newbie and Diet Chef

charlie1215

Hi everyone :)

Just thought I'd drop in to say that I've been on Diet Chef since last Wednesday and I have to say that the food is absolutely delicious and because it's so very low calorie I've been able to have plenty of fruit and veg while still keeping well under the 1200 calorie daily allowance.

Anyone thinking of trying it...give it a go I'd say!

Never heard of it before Charlie, what does it involve?

Dee x

Hi Dee,

I think it sounds a bit like the Lighter Life diet...I ordered a 28 day supply of food [you can customise your hamper to suit yourself] and you have a breakfast, lunch and dinner supplied, you also get snack bars and you can have milkshakes as an option in case soup for lunch isn't your thing. The food's lovely and it cost me £190 for the 28 days, oh and it's one of those lose a stone in a month diets. They also do one week trial boxes and a two week package.

I worked out my calories for yesterday just out of curiosity and they came to around 750 so you could have loads of fruit and veg with the meals.

Well done on losing 100lbs by the way...that's fantastic!

Thanks Charlie :D

And you have me interested! I mean, I'm happy sticking with CD for now, but often do wish I had some different food to eat. What sort of things do you have for your meals? And do you still get all your vitamins and minerals with all you eat in a day?

Sorry for all the questions, I think I might look into your diet a bit further

Dee xx

Welcome to minimins charlie 1215:)

Never heard of it before Charlie, what does it involve?

Just to expand on what charlie1215 said, Diet Chef is a low GI diet which is delivered to you. It's all worked out to give you a perfectly balanced low GI way of eating:cool:

It's not a VLCD though, and to use it as one would be unsafe. They recommend you keep to 1200 calories, which sounds very sensible to me (for the average Mrs Bloggs)

There is a good chance that if you stuck to the diet you would lose 1 stone in weight in the first month, but you would be unlikely to continue at that rate. In fact it would probably be safest not to as it's not ketogenic like LL, LT, CD.

Sounds a great idea though if you are happy with a slower loss but more food and prefer it all measured out for you :)

Hi guys!! Food wise there are things like Spicy Cumbrian Beef and Tomato Soup, or, Home Reared Beef Chilli Con Carne...yum! I will say though that the Diet Chef diet isn't great if you're a vegetarian as most of the meals/soups have meat in them.

I'm planning to do it for a month [with lots of fruit, veg and a good multivitamin included] and then have a month off the plan but eating healthily and then look at my wieght loss again; I might go back on Diet Chef for another month or continue on my own. Either way it'll be a long haul as I have 5 stone to lose.

It's a good eating plan for me because I'm on shifts at the moment so all I have to do is take a pouch to work and microwave it. Also, time is an issue because I'm a [mature] student nurse just about to qualify so I have shed loads of work to do and the diet is quick and convenient.

Thanks for telling us about it. I have seen the adverts for it in the magazines but didn't know anyone who had tried it

Irene xx

Hi everyone :)

Just thought I'd drop in to say that I've been on Diet Chef since last Wednesday and I have to say that the food is absolutely delicious and because it's so very low calorie I've been able to have plenty of fruit and veg while still keeping well under the 1200 calorie daily allowance.

Anyone thinking of trying it...give it a go I'd say!

I'm on day two and the food is freaken delicious...love all the food I've tried so far...yummy

Hows your diet going, i ordered mine today so it should come on Fri. Hope it works :)

Are any of the foods convienent for out and about? I'm a Lipotrim bunny through and through, but my mum wants to diet, and I just wanna make sure she's aware of all the options!!

Back