Newbie and feeling dumbstruck

I feel such an idiot
Ive signed up to the Extra Easy Plan, As i work shifts where can i find basic but filling menu's? Im off shopping tomorrow so need to write up my shopping essentials: For example today ive had
Handful of special K with Half a grapefruit and Muller light yoghurt poured on top.
1 cup of coffee with sweetner and SSK milk.
Snack- Half small tin of spaghetti hoops 1 slice of toast no butter
Can of diet coke
Feel quite peckish at the moment but going to have Jacket spud with L/C cottage cheese and salad. is this the kind of diet that will work for me>? :confused:

have the whole can of spaghetti.. it's free..
and more fruit and veg.. apple, banana, plums, nectrarine, anything you want to go with your lunch or even a couple of pieces..

I don't think the special K is a hex, so you'll have to syn this.

You will also have to work out how much milk you have left as your hexa.

Was the bread, wholemeal? and from a 400grm loaf, if not you will have to syn this also, but don't worry you get upto 15 syns per day & you'll be within that amount.

For meal ideas have search on here there as so many things to chose from. And from your menu today if that is what you would normally eat then yes this plan will work for you.

Good luck.;)

Have a look at some food diaries on the forum to get a few ideas. I have just made a cottage pie with suede on top and will be having peas and carrots on the side for an ee day, I would definitely reccommend buying potatoes and frylight for syn free chips and I always have batchelors pasta in sauce in the cupboard.

Handful of special K with Half a grapefruit and Muller light yoghurt poured on top.
1 cup of coffee with sweetner and SSK milk.
Snack- Half small tin of spaghetti hoops 1 slice of toast no butter
Can of diet coke
Feel quite peckish at the moment but going to have Jacket spud with L/C cottage cheese and salad. is this the kind of diet that will work for me>? :confused:

A handful! - naughty naughty! You need to weigh your HEs not guess and special K is not a HE as said

And I not surprised you are peckish -I would be starving on what you are eating! You need to be eating more so take a look at the food diary section to see what the rest of us are eating ;)

it sounds like you are still in diet mindset - that you need to eat next to nothing and live on traditional diet foods like cottage cheese - so not the case!

Dont worry you will get the hang of it!

Hello thanks for the feedback , its all a bit daft isnt it how special K isnt allowed? Im just worried about what im going to be able to plan and cook especially to fit around work. P.s Is Mugshots tomato pasta free on EE ? x

I know its just im a bit numerically challenged so struggle with weighing counting etc :( xx

special k doesnt have enough fibre in it to be a hexb, there is one type that is but i dont have my book to hand and cant think off the top of my head.... it will be in your book though

hennyhamster - just a reminder that peas aren't superfree (incase thats why u were having them)

I know its just im a bit numerically challenged so struggle with weighing counting etc :( xx

Well then SW is a great plan for you because there are so many free and superfree foods to choose from that you won't have to weigh and count much.

I like to have 2 chocolate weetabix (1 HB and 2 syns) and soy milk (part of my HA) for my breakfast with some fruit. Normal weetabix is 1 B extra for 2 and no syns. I prefer this because I don't have to weigh it and it's a quick and easy breakfast.

In your food optimising book there is a section in the Healthy Extra pages for 'grab and go' options. These are foods that you don't have to weigh or measure out, so they might be for you if you struggle with counting things up.

Quick and easy meal ideas for work are the pasta n sauces, mugshots, pot noodle in a mug, savoury rice packs (obviously check online which ones are free, most are). I like to add kidney beans and extra veg to my pasta n sauces and rices to bulk them up a bit. Otherwise you could make pasta/couscous/bean salads to take into work, SW falafel with wholemeal pitta (B) and hummus etc. There are lots of meal and lunch ideas on the forums. Also search for laptop lunches online and there are tons of blogs and websites that have quick lunchbox ideas, these can easily be made SW friendly.

Definitely eat more if you're hungry. There are so many free foods for you to munch on and you shouldn't have to feel like you're on a diet!

Hope this helps, good luck!

Does anybody have the Fibre Plus Kellogs Bar? If so what do you think? Im sur emy book said its a H.E? hopefully ill understand it better after a few days. Just had lunch:
Jacket Spud/ H.L Cottage cheese
2 slices of H/L ham
Salad, toms,cucumber
Fibre plus bar and a glass of water and a diet coke!

Thanks for the helpful advice! Thats why i love this site..TBH my heads spinning with all the terminology lol, as my previous diet was the xenical low fat diet so a complete change around..Arggghh. My fiancee has just gone out and purchased me a slow cooker to support me...aww im a lucky gal! xxx

Hey I've looked it up for you and 28g of special K sustain is a HEB. Special K isn't really that great a diet food, it's just marketed that way. It has less fibre and more calories and sugar than many non-diet cereals. Having enough fibre has been shown to help us lose weight which is why the HEB's are all about the fibre!

I got a cheap 5 pound set digital scales from ASDA, but if you don't like measuring x2 weatabix, those mini boxes of allbran and many porridge sachets are HEB

I think special k also has added sugar, if you read the box, and is too low fibre to be a healthy extra.

The best think about this plan is that you can eat, eat, eat! And if you cook from scratch, sticking to free foods (which is pretty easy on extra easy), you can have as much as you like!

So far today I've had a whole can of spaghetti hoops on wholemeal toast (from 400g loaf) for breakfast, then a baked potato with tuna, chopped peppers, sweetcorn and low fat cottage cheese (instead of mayo) for lunch, and a mullerlight. I'm planning on having 2 satsumas this afternoon, then beef/veg stirfry with noodles & soy sauce for tea. No syns used at all, so will spend some on a glass of red wine (8.5 syns in a 250 ml glass), and maybe 2 thorntons moments out the Christmas stash my boyfriend has hidden somewhere! (2 syns each according to the website) Total of 12.5 syns.

I ate like this last year, was rarely hungry and lost 2 stone 7 over the year. Honestly, fill yourself up, it works!

Cityredgirl said:
Does anybody have the Fibre Plus Kellogs Bar? If so what do you think? Im sur emy book said its a H.E? hopefully ill understand it better after a few days.

Hi,

I love the fibre plus bars. And you can have 1 as a HExB. I like to have them on an evening while I'm watching tv, they're yummy dipped in an options 'luxury' hot choc (only 3 syns).

Good luck with Slimming World.

I've sort of lost track of what you have eaten today.

Can you post what you have eaten and what you will be having for your evening meal. That way either me or somebody else will mark which is your hexa/hexb, which have syns, and which are free/superfree foods. This will then give you and idea & help you along.

A slow cooker is such a wonderful item to have, I've put sausage & bean casserole in the slow cooker for our tea tonight;)

Definitely have a look at the food diaries section for ideas on what to have. Remember to check and weigh your healthy extras dont assume things are healthy extras and remember you only get 1 HEa and 1 HEb so anything else you have which isn't a free food needs to be synned out of your 15 syns a day.

Preparation is the key, plan meals in advance if you can so you are not having a panic about what to have at the last minute, you are far more likely to grab something convenient and unhealthy by not being prepared.

Hot food flasks are a greAt investment as you can then take anything to work with you.

And your free food list is there to be used, so if you are hungry then eat from the free food choices, just remember to make a 1/3 of your plate superfree to ensure you do not over indulge in the free carbs or proteins.

Thank you, you are really a great bunch of lovely's Im on my 4th day going well,
Here's a break down of my last 2 days :
I grill everything and no butter is used
Breakfast- 2 egg omlette with Mushroom
, beans, 2 skinless sausages,2 rashers bacon (all fat removed)
1 white roll 28g
2 coffees with skimmed milk, 1 sweetner each
4 diet cokes,

Lunch- 1 sweet potato, low fat cottage cheese, Large salad, Grilled pork loin (fat removed)
1 banana , 1 muller light apricot
Syns- 2 finger kitkat, JD 35ml & Diet coke= 13.5 syns today

9.1.11 :
Breakfast- 2 skinless sausages, Gammon steak, 2 rashers bacon no fat
Mushrooms, beans,poached egg, wholegrain roll, tbsb brown sauce
2 diet cokes
apple/Bannana
1 coffee skimmed milk 1 sweetner

Im ready to make lunch now, thinking of doing a lean mince shepards pie topped with carrot and swede mash and lots of veg.
Does this sound ok? bearing in mind im just finding my feet and have done a huge shop lots of fruit .veg,meats. and i have planned the weeks meals in advance!

Thank you xx

There's a section on here for slow cooker recipes - go have a look if you havent discovered it yet! I think its under the SW winter warmer recipes section :)

You need to syn
your white roll
skinless sausages
wholegrain roll (only wholemeal is hexb)

Make sure you keep an eye on how much milk you are having, so you don't go over your allowance.

Are you eating enough to satisfy you? There really doesn't seem to be much there. It is nice to see you enjoying your syns. I'd try & put in a bit more fruit & veggies.;)

Back