Newbie breastfeeding twins!

minx

Hello everyone :)
i have 5 week old twins and am exclusively BFing them both (apart from a cheeky wee 2oz of formula at 9pm, shh!) but have been eating for Britain since they were born, boy am i hungry!!

really need to reign it in as if i keep going at this rate i'll be the size of a house so to SW i go! well, not really cos i literally do not have time to attend a class so going to do it at home, may join online if i get on well..
i had horrendous morning sickness during my pg'y and ended up 12lb less after the birth than i was when i got pg't so am really keen to not undo all that and go on to lose 2st more to get to goal. my avatar pic is me at 36+4 (day before birth), and 3 weeks after twin birth. tummy is doing quite well but i have a way to go! cant wait to start doing some running or something for body magic but i had a section so maybe leave that for a couple of weeks.
as a previous SW'er i do only green days - am i right in thinking that i would get 6 extra healthy extras and that i should have 4 out of the 6 of them from the A list for calcium? lordy knows how i'm gonna eat 10 healthy extras a day altogether but i think i'll manage some how ;)
nice to meet you all and any hints and tips gratefully appreciated, especially if there are any other twin mums doing SW? XXX

Wow go you for breastfeeding twins!! I don't actually know about the he but there is a sticky on it if you have a look!! One baby = an extra 500cals burnt a day 2 babies = 1000 all that extra eating will be fine - make sure your drinking plenty too xxx

Good on you BF twinnies

I managed to gain weight with hypermesis which was a bit unfair lol didnt eat hardly anything for 9 months and gained over a stone lol

Hi
I'm a twin and I have twins !
They are 22 now but it only seems like yesterday when I had them
I thought the first 6 months were hard till I got to the next 18 and realised the first 6 had been a dawdle!!!
I wouldn't change a thing though and consider twins a double value and ,special blessing
I take my hat off to you still breast feeding. I had to stop at 4 weeks as they were not feeding well enough.
They are both big six footers now .
My family pop out in two's all over the place
We have 10 sets of twins in 3 generations
Enjoy every minute good luck with the diet

Back