Newbie (calorie counter tips welcome)

MzMonday

Hi there.

I'm a 27 year old female and I have been overweight for most of my life thus far; it’s time for a change. I am 5'9" and 211lbs (15 stone, 1lb, if I did the conversion right); my doctor has told me that this is unhealthy and has encouraged me to lose weight. My goal weight is 145lbs, which my doctor tells me for my bone structure is a realistic number. However, after spending nearly 150$ to speak with a nutritionalist I came away more confused than when I went to visit her, no help at all there.

I have had some minor success on my own, I lost 5lbs over the last 3 months; I adopted a puppy and our daily walks to the park (including all the stairs to get in and out of my apartment) seem to have helped start me on the weight loss path. I have problems with my knees that keep me from running and the like, despite the corrective surgery I have had to correct the issues.

I would like to see the weight continue to come off, perhaps even a bit more rapidly (hoping for 1lb per week), and I have quite a bit to lose.

Thanks for having me on your site!

Regards,
Monday

hey

welcome to minimins :D

have u looked at slimming world or weight watchers? u can loose around 1lb to 2lb per week if u follow the plans, take a look around ths site, have a look at some people food diaries n see what kinda food plans u can follow

good luck

xxx

Hi Monday, sounds like you have set yourself a good realistic target, I'm an advocate of Rosemary Conley as I've never felt hungry on it, My stats when I started were much worse than yours as I was 286lb and 5'6"!! I haven't set myself a full goal yet my ticker just shows where I'm supposed to get to lol.

Good luck

Jules

I have read quite a bit and I think I am going to start off small with calorie counting - there is just a lot of free information & resources out there for said eating change. I have started using Food Focus to help me track everything. Adding lots of foods that aren't in there, but it's worth it if I saved them properly ;)

Thank you very much for the welcome!

There was the atkins diet that I have heard a lot about and I was real interested...until I read that I had to give up bread. Oh my gosh, I would rip my hair out within 24 hours if I had to give up my pastas and cereal! :eek:

Thank you for the welcome :)

Back