Newbie/ contraception question (implanon)

Jennifaerie

I started SW last week and have had a great loss (6.5lb). I'm having the implanon implant removed tonight and wondered if anyone experienced weight loss after having it taken out? I put a stone or so on after having it put in so I'm hoping it might speed up the process (not why I'm having it taken out incidentally)

I was fine for the first year - no periods but I've had it in over 2 years now and I keep having random spells of bleeding (for 2/3 months). I have probs with my "plumbing" anyway and hubby and I might want to start a family in a couple of years so need to start looking into it.
I liked it at first but I just want rid now! It does alter my libido and I've put on weight too. It's also down to personal preference IMO

It took me a while to slow down my hunger pangs when on the impletation - a month or so, as that is what caused me to put weight on with the conception!

thanks for your replies, I had a 3 week period and I now have no idea when my next period is due (I would love to say never) but I am sure I have pmt, trust me to be one of the few who have prolonged periods!

I'm with you there, my friend. Currently on week 2 of my infliction lol. I had the implant put in in 2006, and kept it in for the whole 3 years (NO bleeding AT ALL!!! LOVED it!). When i went back o getit taken out - i wanted to give my body a break (see if i could lose weight too) but the nurse was really iffy about not putting another one in!! I felt a bit forced into getting another, to be honest, but I got it anyway.

Since then (September) i have basically bled constantly with only a handful of star-free weeks lol. On the other hand, though, I am now losing weight quite well even with it in, so I'm not sure how much I could have blamed the Implanon for my weight gain.

Not even sure if that helps in any way, shape or form, sorry...

hey ladies just found this post and ive had the implanon in since Jan and have been bleeding/spotting since Feb so has been a nightmare for me, am having mine taken out soon aswell as it sort of defeats the object when u cant get jiggy with OH lol,

its not the same for every1 just certain ppl as friends of mine have not bleed at all its just how ur body copes with the hormones

gonna have a hormone free break i think x

Well it's out (and blummin sore!) lets just hope I feel better with it out :-( Gemma - I totaly agree, I came on the day beore my wedding and didn't come of until 10 days into honeymoon - bit of a killjoy!

Back