Newbie - Day 1 Menu

becca86xx

Hi all,

I have started Slimming World today and still not 100% sure if i have the hang of it. This is what i have had so far today. Have i worked it all out right? Im on Extra Easy.

Breakfast

Beans (free)
Tinned Toms (free)
Mushrooms (cooked in frylight)(free)
Scrambled eggs (free)
Lean bacon (free)

Lunch
Pasta (free)
Ham (free)
Light Philidelphi (HE B)

Dinner
Chicken (free)
Potatoes (free)
Veg (free)
Gravy (1 syn)
Yorkshire Pudding (3 syns)

Snack
Fruit/mullerlight (free)

Milk in tea for the day (HE A)

Does this seem ok?

becca86xx said:
Hi all,

I have started Slimming World today and still not 100% sure if i have the hang of it. This is what i have had so far today. Have i worked it all out right? Im on Extra Easy.

Breakfast
Beans (free)
Tinned Toms (free)
Scrambled eggs (free)
Lean bacon (free)

Lunch
Pasta (free)
Ham (free)
Light Philidelphi (HE B)

Dinner
Chicken (free)
Potatoes (free)
Veg (free)
Gravy (1 syn)

Snack
Fruit/mullerlight (free)

Does this seem ok?

Hi Becca :)

If you're on Easy Extra the most important thing is that 1/3 of every meal should be superfree (most fruit and veg). So your lunch isn't brilliant - you need to add in lots of veg - with pasta Philly and ham I would have leeks, onions, garlic, courgettes, peppers etc.

Your breakfast sounds yummy, but make sure your mushrooms and tomatoes are 1/3 of the plate. Your dinner sounds good too - again don't forget the 1/3 superfree.

Your fruit / muller snacks are fine. And you've got both your HExB and HExA in as well which is great. Always make sure you measure your healthy extras. The other thing is you've only had 4 syns (unless you haven't finished your day yet?) and you should be having 5 as a minimum and 15 maximum. When you're starting out people usually eat closer to 15 syns, reducing as you get closer to target, but never under 5. You need these to get enough fat enough in your diet to absorb all the other nutrients.

Have a look at the food diaries and recipes on here and read and re-read your books. It took me a whole to get my head round the plan and several re-readings before its become really natural :)

Hope that helps! X

becca86xx said:
Hi all,

Breakfast
Beans (free)
Tinned Toms (free)
Scrambled eggs (free)
Lean bacon (free)

Lunch
Pasta (free)
Ham (free)
Light Philidelphi (HE B)

Dinner
Chicken (free)
Potatoes (free)
Veg (free)
Gravy (1 syn)

Snack
Fruit/mullerlight (free)

Does this seem ok?

I'm no expert, but didn't think Light Philly was an HEB on EE!

Hi all,

Breakfast

Beans (free)
Tinned Toms (free)
Scrambled eggs (free)
Lean bacon (free)

Lunch
Pasta (free)
Ham (free)
Light Philidelphi (HE B)

Dinner
Chicken (free)
Potatoes (free)
Veg (free)
Gravy (1 syn)

Snack
Fruit/mullerlight (free)

Does this seem ok?

Hi Becca. Welcome to Minimins :)

Okay, so you nee3d to make sure you have 1/3rd Superfree with each meal. Superfree is fruit & veg, except Potatoes, sweetcorn, and peas, so make sure you don't count those in your 1/3rd.

On Extra Easy Healthy B's are all fibre based - so thats bread, cereals, crispbreads, plus a few soups and cooked fruit. Healthy A's are always dairy based (milk or cheese)

Meats should always be less than 5% fat, so the lean bacon - was it the medallions? You are supposed to cut off all the visible fat on abcon, buit I usually just buy the medallions as there is far less faff.

So, to tweak you day I would have added some salad to lunch and not had the philly light with it, or synned the milk. If you were looking for lunch to not be dry, then extra light mayo is 1/2 a syn for a level tablespoon so a syns worth goes a long way, or you can make your own syn free one out of fat free creme fraiche and seasonings (again far too much faff for me).

Won't repeat what everyone else has said, Good luck!

Back