newbie diary - any help appreciated lol

Be careful how much sugar you're taking in. Marshmallows are pure sugar so will use up your calories quickly

Hi hun, You're doing well...please check the bagel though as I'm sure that would be out of the rules and I know the cheese is too :(

I think you're getting oil hun, cos you're having too much fat. I know it's hard at first and the doctors aren't that helpful.

You can pretty much eat the same meals as you would normally,you just have to find the lowest fat alternatives and check the packaging to make sure it fits the rules.

For example, you could have a weight watchers lasagne,there are a few brands that do oven chips that fit the rules or you could do your own chips with fat free oil spray..

Please try and have something for lunch,if you can't manage anything that maybe you could replace it with a slim fast shake or own supermarket brand shake..I do this sometimes :)

hi the sesame seed bagels are 1.71g fat each laughing cow light soft cheese wedge is 1.5g fat so in total my breakfast was 3.21g fat 268 calories, I think thats ok. I know the cheese on the baked potato is a no no but it was a tiny sprinkling and altogether my dinner was 12g fat 317 calories so still below the 15g per meal. can someone confirm how much fat should u be restricting urself to per day as i seem to be getting conflicting information - my totals for today (the whole day) are 20.13g fat 108.24 carbs 22.12 protien and 722 calories i would say that is cutting way back and i am counting everything i am eating. i know the rda grams of fat for a woman is 70g per day so what should i be bringing it down to ?? 40g ?? 50?? sorry for the rambling but i know for sure i am not eating too much fat, 20.13g for a whole day was good i thought :{

Hi hun,

You can no more than 15gs of fat per meal, so thats a total of 45gs of fat a day..you've brilliantly with you fat totals!! Well done :)

You need to make sure you look at fat per 100gs as well as fat per meal, if you monitor that you'll do fine and won't get the oil. :)

Yes, and 25g per 100gs, that 5 times over the limit...if only it wasn't!!

I have the mfp app, it's good :)

too tired to list all the things i ate but it wasnt very much - not feeling well me and my wee boy have the cold and just dont feel like eating never mind be arsed makin anything lol
but my totals for today are 12.52g fat, 167.38 carbs, 25.70 protein, 901 calories, need to try and eat a bit more just got no energy this cold has floored me as well as runnin around after a sick 8yr old aaaarrrgggghhhhh well tomorrows another day x hope everyone is well on track to their goals x
something i was talkin to my mum about was how unbelievable the amount of fat in things are when they are relatively low in calories. I'm starting to think thats where i have gone wrong all these years, calorie counting instead of fat counting!!! its becoming 2nd nature to check the labels for fat now as i cant believe how much is in some things. hopefully this is the turning point and i can lose this fat forever!!! think when i go shopping next week i will get some low fat ready meals to stick in the microwave when i cant be bothered cooking, that should save me from reaching for the biscuit tin lol x

still not feelin too good so not ate much today and its sooooo hot just drinkin loads, had 1 slice toast for brekkie, lots of juice n water, couple of spoonfuls of noodles and gonna try a bit of toast in a minute, head is burstin, throat is on fire and can no longer breathe through my nose at all so thats putting me off my food quite a bit. anyone know if paracetamol is fattening cos I've had a **** load of that lol

Hi Kelly, Im starting tomorrow on xenical .. and Ive found ur dairy really informative! Can I ask wot app u have on ur android phone please? lol

Hope u feel better soon. and get a good loss xx

glad to be of help Zafi x the app I am using is on android market and is called calorie counter by fat secret, has helped me loads. thx for the get well wishes think its just a viral thing my wee boy has it too hopefully away soon. u know i was talkin to my mum today and this is the first weight loss extravaganza i have been on where i am actually not hungry. i wish u loads of luck and hope u succeed x

Hi hin, hope you're feeling better :)

feeling a bit odd today and this is unfortunately what happens on any weight loss journey with me. I know i have been doing well and i am putting down everything i am eating drinking into my phone app (just because its always there) i know i am not cheating or anything (no oily mess lol) but i somehow feel like I'm not doing it right, dont know if its my fat brain tryin to sabotage the slim side of the brain just to give up. does anyone else ever get this??? or am i just disturbed on my own lololol i am not giving up still stickin to the rules and grams of fat are sitting at an average of just under 30g per day. think i am just wondering how can that be when its prob because everythin in the house is low fat and i can eat it. ramble ramble ramble

Back