Newbie first st gone YAY!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BindiRott, 31 January 2013.

1. BindiRott

BindiRott Well-Known Member

Hi all - I'm a new girl ;)

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks and have finally decided to join properly. Started Slimming World on 2nd January 2013 and have lost the first stone as of today - about 3 more to go :D Not going to a group but have a very good friend who is a sw consultant and supporting me and I am hoping that by joining mm I will be able to access encouragement, advise and that extra support. I will be 50 later in the year and am determined not to be a 50-something blob - so I am really looking to achieve a permanent lifestyle change :cool:

Really looking forward to being fitter, slimmer and healthier ;)

2. BlondeGem

BlondeGem Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to Minimins!

Well done on your weight loss so far, a stone is excellent - keep up the good work!
  3. NLPoynton

NLPoynton Active Member

Welcome! Well done for losing that first stone! You must be sooo chuffed! The site is really friendly and very supportive - from what I've seen so far! Good luck with your journey!
    N x
  4. wexy

wexy Well-Known Member

Good luck. Great loss already well done x
  5. BindiRott

Thank you for the welcome :thankyou:
  6. BlondeGem

BlondeGem Well-Known Member

You're welcome!
  7. NLPoynton

NLPoynton Active Member

How are you going this week? Having a good one? :)

N x
  8. keirasmummy

keirasmummy Well-Known Member

Welcome and well done :)
  9. BindiRott

Thank you ladies - I'm still on track and think I'm doing well this week too - I expect to hit a plateau at some stage but is still feeling super motivated and really positive :D
  10. NLPoynton

NLPoynton Active Member

Stay positive and optimistic :) You will have your good days and bad days but know that if you have one bad meal, it's just one out of 21 from a whole week and if you have a bad day, draw a line under it when you go to bed and wake up and start again :)

N x
  11. BindiRott

Thanks N - I think that was exactly what attracted me about slimming world - a bad day or a brief binge doesn't mean a total derailment - just pick up and continue :)