newbie help please!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by 1eturner, 5 July 2010 Social URL.

1. 1eturner

1eturner Full Member

Hi all after a long spell on the atkins diet i have decided to do a healthier diet, but i quite enjoy meat etc, i still feel a little confused about what i can eat.:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tush

Tush Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    do you have the books hun ?? Basically all meat with visable fat removed is free on SW - you can eat it all day long without measuring or synning

4. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well if you enjoy meat, SW is for you!! If you do red OR extra easy, you can have good portions of any LEAN meat, just make sure it's extra lean if mince, and any other meat just make sure there's no visible fat on it! Things like sausages and burgers are often very high in fat so look for very low fat ones. If you like Quorn products, many of these are free or very low syn!X

5. emma-louise

emma-louise Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    only on the red or extra easy plan, which would be what i would recommend if you're coming here from Atkins xx

6. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Coming from the atkins, wowww you can have fruit too and lots of meat, steak, pork, beef, lamb, chicken, fish all for free as long as not fat on it, and not cooked in any fat apart from fry light. You'll enjoy this. I did atkins for 2 weeks and found it a good loss, but not easy to do, plus I so craved fruit.. Good luck xx

7. 1eturner

1eturner Full Member

Thanx guys, got to give it a real go!

8. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I came from Atkins and would never ever go back !! ;)

9. francesc

francesc Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Also take a look at some of our food diaries - they give you a good idea of how we do it - I love the fact that most people put up their weekly losses - so you can see it works. The ones I've read seem to be really honest about syns and (in my case overindulgences). I tried Atkins for a few months, and it was good, but I kept going out of ketosis - don't miss those little pee sticks though!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.