Newbie help please!

Sarah07

Hi everyone, I started doing SW from home yesterday.
As my Healthy Extra A I've been having Bob milk (skimmed but tastes like semi) on my cereal and in tea.
The thing I want to know is, do you have to use all of your healthy extra allowance?
I only have 1 weetabix instead of 2, and I only have 3-4 cups of tea, so not using up A or B.
Thanks x

Hi Sarah x It’s my understanding that you should use all of your A & B up, otherwise I think you’re supposed to syn it. The healthy extras are specially calculated so that you obtain enough calcium and fibre, and also to help the plan work. Perhaps you could make your A up with a laughing cow cheese triangle, and your B with a ryvita...or something like that? Or you could switch to SS milk so you use all your A allowance?

I’m a little out of touch as I haven’t been on here for MONTHS, and I was just nosing through some posts and yours caught my eye, but I’m pretty sure that’s right x I’m sure someone will correct if I’m wrong x Good luck with your journey x

Hi everyone, I started doing SW from home yesterday.
As my Healthy Extra A I've been having Bob milk (skimmed but tastes like semi) on my cereal and in tea.
The thing I want to know is, do you have to use all of your healthy extra allowance?
I only have 1 weetabix instead of 2, and I only have 3-4 cups of tea, so not using up A or B.
Thanks x
Hello! You really do need to use your healthy extra allowances up. That is what the plan is for. You need sufficient amount of calcium and fibre in your body. Try and mix up your healthy extras a bit. You could have 3 light baby bels and 2 Alpen Light bars? Or maybe 75g light cheese spread with cucumber topped on 4 rye crackers? (Or however many it is for a healthy extra B).

Hi Sarah x It’s my understanding that you should use all of your A & B up, otherwise I think you’re supposed to syn it. The healthy extras are specially calculated so that you obtain enough calcium and fibre, and also to help the plan work. Perhaps you could make your A up with a laughing cow cheese triangle, and your B with a ryvita...or something like that? Or you could switch to SS milk so you use all your A allowance?

I’m a little out of touch as I haven’t been on here for MONTHS, and I was just nosing through some posts and yours caught my eye, but I’m pretty sure that’s right x I’m sure someone will correct if I’m wrong x Good luck with your journey x
Thanks for that Dawn and thanks for the new ideas for what I can do instead. xx

Hello! You really do need to use your healthy extra allowances up. That is what the plan is for. You need sufficient amount of calcium and fibre in your body. Try and mix up your healthy extras a bit. You could have 3 light baby bels and 2 Alpen Light bars? Or maybe 75g light cheese spread with cucumber topped on 4 rye crackers? (Or however many it is for a healthy extra B).
Thank you, mmm getting some yummy ideas here xx

Hey you’re welcome Sarah 😊 Like I say, I’m a bit rusty but I am trying to get back into it after a long time away. I thought I’d have a little look around on here before deciding what to do. I’m tempted to join SW online as work makes it hard for me to attend group. I may even open up my diary again if I REALLY get the bit between my teeth!

Hey you’re welcome Sarah 😊 Like I say, I’m a bit rusty but I am trying to get back into it after a long time away. I thought I’d have a little look around on here before deciding what to do. I’m tempted to join SW online as work makes it hard for me to attend group. I may even open up my diary again if I REALLY get the bit between my teeth!
You should definitely go for it! I'm loving it already x

You should definitely go for it! I'm loving it already x

I’ve done it! Diary up and running! :woohoo:
Feeling in control for the first time in months :wee:
Ok, so it’s only day one BUT it’s still a good start! :rotflmao:

Def need to have a complete healthy extra or count as syns.

I split my a between milk and cheese. X

Back