Extra Easy Newbie here, Hi all

Pinklady1911

serial dieter!!!
Hi Everyone
Ive recently lost 3.3lbs on Slim and Save and need to shift this last 2 stone sensibily as I cant starve myself anymore its just not good for you! Plus my hair started falling out and i was miserable, I will open a dairy up and put before and after pics on!

I joined my local slimming world class Monday morning and loving it, omg you can eat loads. Ive done it before but it was a long time ago wheh cornbeef was a free food on a red (original) day! Loads has changed, i love how you can mix it up abit now with the extra easy options.

So anyway just wanted to say Hi to everyone and wish you all the best of luck with your weight losses and im looking forward to giving and receving ideas

:)

Hi, welcome in!! :D

Dont be surprised if you have a small gain or maintain this week if you have gone from a VCLD to food again, perfectly normal and expected while your body adjusts. However, if you have gone "off-plan" earlier and not just gone one to the other straight off, you should be fine :)

Good luck with getting the rest of the weight off! Target not so far away!!!

Wow minx how well have you done! bloody hell, well done huni! Ive been on and off plan for about 2 months just couldnt get back on it after id had a break so decided to sack it off and come over to slimmingworld! So i should have a loss seen as i havent had a loss since April! Anyway cant wait till im at traget like you! Do you find mainatining easy to do? Thats were i struggle i get near target then go off plan and end up back at square one but not this time! This is it, ive promised myself im getting to target and will keep going to class for motivation.

Thankyou!!!
Maintaining is fine - as long as you dont see "Target" as the end of your journey. It really isn't. It's a lifelong thing. You have to change your habits for good or you can't maintain. I stopped going to class last year, for various reasons, although I remain a target member and if I need to I can just go back any time, but I wanted to try and maintain without the pressure of the weekly weigh-in.

I wont say it is "easy" to maintain. I found the losing actually easier in some respects, because you have those scales to keep you focussed and the buzz of a good result to keep you motivated. However, as long as I keep a watchful eye on myself, and continue doing what I was doing - it is perfectly doable. Do you think maybe the "nearly getting to target and then blowing it" thing is a psychological fear of being scared of where you go next? I know it was for me - although I had a particular event I wanted to get to target for - so that kept me going, but I was always a little afraid of "But what now?" when I got there. I think that is quite a common occurence. You spend so long being focussed on your goal, and then you get the high of actually getting there - and then there is this lull - and you have to find something to switch your focus to, or it is too easy to go back to old ways.

If that is an issue for you, then plan for it - think long term, beyond the moment where you call target, and what you hope to achieve beyond that with your new found self. Having something else to work towards beyond "Target" can be a massive help.

Yeah thats very true, i think for me i get near target and then think 'ohh i look good now' and before i know it ive maintained for about 1 month then my bad habbits start to creep in again, then back to square one! Its taken me a lot of years to realise this mind, so this time round i wont be so stupid and aim for a target beyond target weight which will keep me on the straight and narrow! Im a serial weigher too, im on teh scales are the bloody time driving myself mad! So ive promised myself to stay off them till I get weighed Monday. Ive booked a facial in at my local salon as a 1 stone off treat for 3 weeks time, as i tend to lose loads really quick then have a lul for a few weeks till it gets going again. Really am focussed and determined this time round! Ive put some photos of befores and after my 3 stone loss in my weight loss diary but im not sure if thats where they go! This forum is huge compared to slim and save so im still finding my feet abit with it! thanks for your good luck wishes they are much appreciated woop woop roll on WI cant wait!

Back