Newbie here - wants to be slim at 30

Oooh I'm a chocolate addict too. Nothing satisfies my craving though so it's easier for me to go cold turkey! I start off with the chocolate mousse then think, nope that wasn't good enough and go searching for the real thing, lol. I find if I cut it out completely then I don't miss it as much.
Good luck everyone!
My weigh in is tomorrow so I'll be back on then to let you know how I've done xx

Hi Lynsey,
Yeah I do feel better but peeing for england also! lol!
Your calorie intake is good though so don't get disheartened from what the scales say. Just go by your doctors ones. I find that I jump on the scales once, am pleased with the result so then i jump on them again to make sure and suddenly i've gained 2lb.
I like the idea of going to boots once a week, you could make a little scrap book of all the printouts to keep track of your weight loss! lol.
Will report back tomorrow,
xx

fab idea! DEF gonna do that! gonna get some "before" photos done too, then take one every month, so could def make a scrap book!

yeah, def gotta let go of the scales! lol! xx

Good luck MummyTummy and Soon to be yummy Mummy! Liked your posts, let us know how those tablets are going as I'd previously heard some horror stories so would be interested to know if there was any truth in them?! If they do the job, I might see my own GP. The half-dose measure, Alli, is so pricey! Just out of interest, how long is each prescription for? (i.e. is it a month's supply for the cost of 1 prescription?).

Best of luck xx

just a quick one before i log off and go to bed - hi maria-newbie! my doctor gave me 12 weeks worth and i've gotta lose 5% of my weight (so 9lbs) in those 12 weeks before my next check up to have another lot of pills, so about 3/4 of a lb per week (less than 1lb/week).

no embarrassing side effects yet! i'll let you know tomorrow as I've had quite a feast today! (all fairly healthy tho, just lots of it!) this may be a too much info alert! (but you DID ask! lol!) I HAVE had a little orange oil in my underwear, nothing major just a few drips, and after a particularly big (albeit healthy) meal I do get a much bigger bloated belly than normal.

I'm much more regular you know...going....but thats good for me coz I've got IBS and normally only go once every few days so its a welcome side effect! When you do go your poo is like bright orange - kind like pureed baby food! lol! and I HAVE had a constant headache since I started on the tabs (and am v.thirsty!) but thats a common side effect i'm told and is supposed to clear after 5days-to-a-week of being on them.

Anything else you wanna know just ask.....

Just looked bk and this hasn't been particularly short like intended and babba's waiting in bed!

Night guys, speak soon no doubt as I am now addicted to this forum!
xxxx

Thanks for replying. Doesn't sound too bad! Had heard much worse! Please do keep us posted! Sounds promising! xx

First WI this morning, 4lb off, woo-hoo me! Really quite pleased with myself. Looks like calorie counting works for me.
Welcome Maria and Special K, hope you reach your goals. The support on here is really good, so stick around.
Lynsey, I really don't like the sound of those side effects, looks like white jeans are out for the summer lol, just in case!
Goal for this week is to stick to my 1500 calories a day and up the exercise. Hoping the weather will be a bit nicer and then I can walk the kids to the park as much as possible. It's free, the kids love it and lots of exercise for me (and them), bonus!!:)

hello and welcome
good luck for your journey

WELL DONE LIZ!!!! :0clapper:That's fab! I hope i'm as successful as you are! :fingerscrossed: 4lb wow!

All that running around :bliss: you'll be at goal in no time!

I admit, on paper, it doesnt sound good about the orange oil! but it WAS only a teeny bit and serves as a warning to stay away from the dreaded "fat stuff" lol!

You're goals are really good! You'll def lose a stone before the kids go bk! I'm aiming for 12lbs for August, that's 3lb a week, so is hopefully do-able.

Well done again! you're doing great! :flowers:

xxxx
:D

Thanks Lynsey, really hope I can keep it up. It's good motivation to keep going after having a good first week, hope you're doing ok too. :)

Well..... I SAID i wouldnt weigh on my scales ne more, and only do the Boots ones, but today is a week since I started the calorie counting and Xenical, so i did get the OH to give me bk the scales just for today! and i've weighed on them twice today - same spot - and I've lost 5lbs from last week!! woo woo!

not gonna change my stats to match yet tho as gonna go properly from Monday-Monday on Boots scales.

Glad you're feeling good and diet's going well! you're doing really well and you'll reach goal in no time!

xxxx

Wow! 5lbs, that's really great. Looks like we're both off to a flying start. :happy036:
I love your goals, I've got so many clothes in my wardrobe that I've never fitted into so that's going to be great when I finally do. Ever the optimist I buy something I like in a size too small and never shrink into it as planned! Well this year I'm definitely going to. I'm actually looking forward to next weeks weigh in, never thought I'd day that, lol.
Well done for a great week! :happy096: You'll be a yummy mummy in no time :)

thanks hun, i really hope so! i REALLY REALLY wanna do it this time, i'm the biggest i've ever been @ a time i said i'd be fit and healthy to do stuff with my baby girl! but i'll get there!

i'm actually looking forward to wi on monday too!

glad things are going well for you too - we'll be yummy mummy's together! lol!

xxxx

congrats both of u, looks like we all had a good week x

Back