Newbie Here....

poohbearmufc

Longing 2 b a yummy mummy
My name is Nikki and I am 35 years old, I have a few issues meaning every diet I try I cannot lose weight, therefore the doctor has prescribed me xenical... don't know much about it apart from the orange urgent poo.....

Any hints or tips would be really appreciated. I have started exercising, parking further from work and walking in, and I also go walk running at night...

HELLLPPP I want to get this weight off as soon as I can..

Love

Hi Nikki, and welcome.
The main rule with Xenical is to stick to under 5% fat per 100g of food, and not more than 15g of fat in each meal....if you do this, you should avoid the tango effect!

I find it useful to count calories, roughly sticking to 1500-1800 each day, but I also keep my eye on the fat content because of the Xenical. Other people follow diets like Slimming World or Weight Watchers, and have great results too. It's just a case of finding out what suits you and your lifestyle.

If you're just going to look at fat content rather than following a particular diet plan, I'd advise you to make sure you're not consuming too many foods that contain extra sugar to replace the fat.
Reduced fat biscuits are one example - they may contain 30% less fat than the original version, but if you look at the packaging, they're almost identical in calories, because of the extra sugar they contain. It's things like this that can potentially sabotage your weight loss, if you're not careful.

Other than this, I'd say make sure you drink plenty (constipation can be a problem, especially early on) and make sure you eat plenty of fruit and veg to fill you up.
What kinds of foods do you like to eat? I must admit, I tend to stick to low fat ready meals and veg in the evening, but I do make batches of food to freeze from time to time, and there are some great low-fat recepies on the Xenical forum if you have a dig around.

It sounds like you've got the exercise bit sorted - I'm no fitness expert, so I can't advise on that! (I hate it!)
Good luck with the Xenical - the side effects really aren't anything to fear, as long as you're sensible with your food, you'll be fine.
Good luck, and let us know how you're getting on :)

hi welcome almost finished my first week! with no side efffect prob because i,ve stuck to 5g fat rule i have got plenty ready meals in just in case i dont cook n then i wont eat anything too high in fat! last week i went to the gym 4 times and swam 3 times. i hope to keep that up but i will take that one week a time! not a fan of exercise but making a big effort to benefit from my gym membership however probably spent the same on takeaways and choc before. but as we are all told less food and more exercise makes u lose weight so i intend to spend a year or so trying to prove the theory wrong and if i,m wrong i,m a winner. good luck with ur first week.

Hello and welcome , sticking to the 5g rule is a must also I have found that cooking with fresh produce has been a great help to me and you get the added bonus of knowing that your cooking good food and also losing weight.

Hi & welcome...most have said what I would've given as advice! Good luck xx

Hi, welcome & good luck Nikki :)

hi and welcome.. hope you are finding it ok, and if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask!

Back