Newbie here!!

eliana111

Hi!! Starting Cambridge diet on Wednesday! Very excited.. And nervous! I have never been slim (And I'm only 18! Terrible lol) ! So it's going to be so weird seeing myself and actually liking what I see!!
Anyway, in glad I found minimins !! Read through a lot of threads. You all are such a supportive bunch!
Any tips for a newbie? I need to lose 7 stone! And am definitely worried about sagging skin etc!!

Thanks!! :D

Hey I'm also starting (again) on weds! My top tips are drink drink drink water obviously! Maybe get some Bullion, for the desperately starving times. Come on here as often as you can and take it day by day. Set small goals and treat yourself when you reach them. I'm putting £2 away for each 1lb I lose to contribute to my new size 12 wardrobe :D xx

Yes welcom and good luck. Week 1 can be tough but it is soooooo worth it. Your body changes sooo quickly it's really exciting.
Re : saggy skin. I lost 4 stone a couple of years back with cambridge (back to loose what I've gained through very bad behaviour). I'm 34 and my skin shrunck back fine without sagging (except a big on my tummy but I have been pregnant 3 times whilst being overweight, so don't mind the tummy bit). I used body lotion every day after my shower and thats it. At 18 youy shouldn't have a problem.
Wishing you very good luck and stay in touch. xxx

The younger you are, I was told by a dermatologist, the better your chance of having very elastic skin that will simply shrink down as you lose weight. The very fast losses on Cambridge might mean that your skin will need time to catch up! I don't think you will have a problem but I was also told that, if skin has not totally shrunk back within, say, six months to a year (at the outside), then it won't shrink any further. This is more common in older dieters, and also in those who have been very overweight for many years. It can also happen if one's skin is not especially 'elastic' in the first place.

The dermatologist also told me not to spend large amounts of cash on oils or creams that promise to remove totally or even significantly fade stretch marks. She says that the skin damage lies deep beneath the skin surface
and that NO cosmetic attempts to fade or heal such damage can ever work. Why not? Because creams, oils etc only sink into the epidermis - the surface layer of skin. Skin is designed to keep out water, oil, liquid... If liquids could sink in deep we might quickly become, say, waterlogged and as a result drown in the bath or when swimming!

I told her that many swear by bio oil or coconut butter. She said both will make the skin surface lovely and smooth but neither will have any effect whatsoever on the deeper, torn layers of skin.

Girlygirl wow thanks for that info :)

Ive been overweight pretty much all my life and im worried im gonna be stuck with this saggy skin :( i really hope it shrinks

Good luck with the diet hun x

Thanks for all your replies, guys!! I really hope my skin doesn't sag. But I think being slim (FINALLY) will be worth a little bit of sagging - if any haha.
Definitely going to come on here for support! I hope my consultant is a good one!!

To be honest I prefer a bit of sag to having that sag fully plumped-out and bulging with unwanted surplus fat!

I accept that my very poor eating choices over many years, and my addiction to sugars and starches, caused me to gain so much weight that I stretched my poor skin to ridiculous levels. And I am so grateful that I was able to finally lose the extra weight and keep it off before becoming super-morbidly obese.

I find it helps to count one's blessings and to accentuate the positives rather than pointlessly dwell on the negatives. We can never change the past but we can most definitely improve on the present and future!

Totally agree with girlygirl - oils and creams are useless - I used bio oil and st Ives every day when I was pregnant to avoid stretch marks and saggy skin and all I can say is the it 100% does not work as my stomach still looks like a aa route map 4 years on!!! :)

All I can say is that they do fade and the younger the chances are you shouldn't have any sagging - I sadly missed the boat on that part though!!!

How are you doing now? Was today your first day? It's my second now and ive already got ketosis breath....nice!! Not been feeling too hungry either, strangle wasnt yesterday either, so it's all good!! Roll on the next few weeks!! :D

How are you doing now? Was today your first day? It's my second now and ive already got ketosis breath....nice!! Not been feeling too hungry either, strangle wasnt yesterday either, so it's all good!! Roll on the next few weeks!! :D

I'm good! Day three today! I can't smell my own breath so I have no idea how bad it is! I work in retail so um..bad breath is a definite no-no. Sugar free chewing gum is a MUST for me :p Hope you're doing well x

Back