Newbie here :)

Mags_

Hello everyone

I've been reading a bit on the site over the last few days and thought I could really do with registering and hopefully getting some encouragement as well as giving it to others :)

I signed up to WW online about 6 months ago..and in that time I have lost about 4lb..entirely my own fault though because I haven't been tracking, most days I barely log into the site..and I've been paying the monthly fee for nothing. I really need to get my act together, I have a lot of things coming up in October and November where I will be seeing old friends for the first time in years and I'd love to have lost some weight by then. I've been told to stop smoking by my doctor (I'm 37 and breathe like a 90 year old) and I've been scared that I will overcompensate with food..but I know in my own head I DON'T have to. I'm totally in control and if I track my pp there's no reason to binge etc..I have faffed around for long enough, even looking at SW and other diets but I need clear idea of how much I can have and with SW I wouldn't be able to stop eating when I was full because half the time I don't even know when that is myself.

Having finally got my head in the right place and being £s lighter instead of Lbs I need to get on with it and start losing. I'm basically starting from scratch but with a positive attitude. Like a lot of people I can't afford to throw money away but that's exactly what I have been doing, between smoking and paying for a service I haven't been using. I feel so stupid :(.

Apologies for the ramble everyone, I just had to get that out as it were lol!
Nice to meet you all
Mags :)

Thanks Daisy :) x

Mags_ said:
Hello everyone

I've been reading a bit on the site over the last few days and thought I could really do with registering and hopefully getting some encouragement as well as giving it to others :)

I signed up to WW online about 6 months ago..and in that time I have lost about 4lb..entirely my own fault though because I haven't been tracking, most days I barely log into the site..and I've been paying the monthly fee for nothing. I really need to get my act together, I have a lot of things coming up in October and November where I will be seeing old friends for the first time in years and I'd love to have lost some weight by then. I've been told to stop smoking by my doctor (I'm 37 and breathe like a 90 year old) and I've been scared that I will overcompensate with food..but I know in my own head I DON'T have to. I'm totally in control and if I track my pp there's no reason to binge etc..I have faffed around for long enough, even looking at SW and other diets but I need clear idea of how much I can have and with SW I wouldn't be able to stop eating when I was full because half the time I don't even know when that is myself.

Having finally got my head in the right place and being £s lighter instead of Lbs I need to get on with it and start losing. I'm basically starting from scratch but with a positive attitude. Like a lot of people I can't afford to throw money away but that's exactly what I have been doing, between smoking and paying for a service I haven't been using. I feel so stupid :(.

Nice to meet you all

happyhippo said:
Hi and good luck - starting today myself

Hi to both of you, you will get loads of help & advise on here if u need it everyone's really friendly so don't be frightened to ask :) r u going to do a food diary on here I find it really helps
GOOD LUCK XX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Thanks Happy and Valerie, good luck to you as well :) x

Hiya Hun and welcome good luck with your fresh start x

Hi Mags,

Welcome to the site. The first few days might be a struggle so try to log on here as much as you can for encouragement and motivation, it really does help. Hope it's going okay so far :)

Hi Mags! Hope it's going well so far. I've only just started as well after months of planning to do something about my weight!

Thanks everyone :) It's going really well so far, tracked every bite, just the way it should be and feeling so positive about it, have really enjoyed today, nice to be back in control :) x

Mags_ said:
Thanks everyone :) It's going really well so far, tracked every bite, just the way it should be and feeling so positive about it, have really enjoyed today, nice to be back in control :) x

Well done to you,you are doing so well :0)

Thanks Daisy :) The positivity is continuing :) One of the kids birthday was yesterday and I was still able to have a little, pointed it first before put the cake etc out and stayed totally in control. Loving it, I know it's early days but I'm not feeling deprived at all! x

Hello everyone

Nice to meet you all

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi and I hope your week is going well so far. Well done for joining the site and getting all that off your chest. You can totally do this. I'm on WW for the same reason as you - SW is the type of thing that works for people who know when to stop eating (and I don't!).
So are you weighing in at home? What day do you weigh in?
Hope you can quit smoking ok - I quit when I was 21 so got that out of the way good and early! Good luck with it!! xx

Good luck ! Welcome to the site. Im joining ww meeting this.afternoon :)

Mags_ said:
Thanks Daisy :) The positivity is continuing :) One of the kids birthday was yesterday and I was still able to have a little, pointed it first before put the cake etc out and stayed totally in control. Loving it, I know it's early days but I'm not feeling deprived at all! x

Well done,it feels good to be in control doesn't it?stay on this site for motivation,that's what I do,start my 15th week tomorrow :0)

Thanks Az, I'm going to weigh in at home on a Wednesday :) I was out for lunch with a mate today who is doing SW and I was a bit envious to be honest, I had a baked spud with salad and she had the same..and then had another one! The weight is coming off her at about 2lbs a week and I did have one of those maybe I should have given SW a try but that was just my greedy side coming through. Again lol.
Anahita I hope your meeting went well? Daisy, it does feel really good, 15 weeks is great going well done you! xx

Hiya :) At the time I did, I really did lol. Tonight is a different story though, I'm glad I didn't and reminding myself that I'm the sort of person that can't be trusted to stop eating when I'm satisfied..I'm never satisfied that's the problem lol! Still counting and still sticking to it :) have a fab weekend too x

Mags_ said:
Thanks Az, I'm going to weigh in at home on a Wednesday :) I was out for lunch with a mate today who is doing SW and I was a bit envious to be honest, I had a baked spud with salad and she had the same..and then had another one! The weight is coming off her at about 2lbs a week and I did have one of those maybe I should have given SW a try but that was just my greedy side coming through. Again lol.
Anahita I hope your meeting went well? Daisy, it does feel really good, 15 weeks is great going well done you! xx

Pffft. Having one baked potato and salad definitely sounds like the healthy normal option to me? I totally get where you're coming from because I'm the same with food & would've been envious too. But I think having WW to force portion control on us is best!! Well done for resisting & sticking to it :) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Back