Newbie Here!

Hi everyone!

My name is Lauren, I'm 23 and live in the North West of the UK. I was recently diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries and I'm majorly overweight so the doctor has prescribed Orlistat to kick start my diet! For the people who don't know what orlistat is... It basically prevents your body from absorbing 1/3 of the fat in the food you eat... So it passes straight through you which can be very disgusting without going into details! I'm starting the tablets tomorrow night which is also when I'll begin my diet properly. Wish me luck!

Looking forward to reading useful tips and hopefully finding the motivation from you lovely people to keep me on track :)

Lauren x

Thanks Lisa, I'm not really on any particular diet.... I've tried Slimming World in the past and lost about 2 stone so I'm going to stick to their guidelines as closely as I can. But mainly just eating healthier and doing more exercise! :) x

Good luck with your weight loss journey

Hi Lauren,
Im starting Slimming World again too. I tried it once a couple of years ago but my heart wasn't in it at the time. Im feeling super motivated now and can't wait to get cracking again (especially after checking my BMI and finding that its the highest its been for 7 years.
Wishing us luck!

Thanks for the comments guys! I've lost 2 pounds since Friday!.. (I'm only going to weigh myself once a week, however I wanted to make sure these tablets I'm taking are helping!) good luck to you all :) xXx

Back